XP/IP Change FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sainen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastaking View Post
The new IP system is just stupid. How is this a better system, when most people will be getting less IP than before.

Riot do you want us to buy some IP boosts?
The new system is better, but the IP is too low which is a separate but related problem

Exordium8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

Dear Riot,
Go **** yourself.
Sincerely,
The Playerbase

MrGareBear

02-17-2011

I so dislike this i think it should give you 85-90 IP at 25 mins then increases because the ppl dont wan to play a failed game. and nobody wants to sit there and wait to get that 1 more IP every min..... so me the system is a nerf on IP my games last 22-55 mins i rarely go above 60 mins. ppl dont want to play a game for a long time. they rather play multiple games with their friends then just one really long game that could fail........

GhostDieM

02-17-2011

Haha loving all the rage. What I see is that basically from the 40 min mark you get more IP then you used to. But this means that all you spineless quitters get less IP and those that actually try to win (which is very possible even when you have really bad start) get rewarded. I like it, gj Riot. Now you just have to make sure that all the numbers are indeed correct.

TrancĂȘ

02-17-2011

I don't think they should have removed the not leaving bonus. When I started this game one of the first things I noticed is that I would get IP Points after each game and a extra bonus for not leaving. I thought to myself "hmm these points are probably a good thing to collect and I want more points so im not going to leave any games!". I feared losing the not leaving bonus and had no idea how long it would take for the bonus to come back if I did leave, and as a result to this day I have never left a game.

Now the new players who join have one less thing to teach them the importance of not leaving games. Some people don't read forums and they probably won't learn its really bad to leave games till the leave buster bans them.

Please bring back the not leaving bonus!

bluenick

02-18-2011

given these numbers if you feel you are losing it is in your best interests to quit as early as possible. at 25 mins a loser gets 51 ip or 2.08 ip per min and at the highest level if the loser makes it to 55 mins they get 95 ip or 1.72 ip per min. now if the new system is all about ip per min then we can see that per hour a surrender at 25 gets you 122.4 ip and wining per hour at the projected 40 min nets 165. with only a difference of 42.6 ip and given how much more consistent the surrender is it is a more efficient farm.

Cardeaz

02-18-2011

There are still problems. According to the graph you posted, a 37 loss should have given almost 70 IP. I just had a 37:06 loss and only got 53 IP. It's not a huge difference.. but it is definitely not almost 70 xD I barely got above the IP bonus for having a 25 minute loss. Please try to work out the issues with this. I don't really care because, unlike a lot of the people who have been complaining, I don't really care that much. I play this game to have fun, being able to get new champions with IP is just a bonus. But I'm just trying to let you know that the problem is not fixed xD

rasblackfire

02-18-2011

yay lets all go afk the first 20mins of the game and then play!

spanacus

02-18-2011

i play TT a lot does this mean no more reduction ?>

Gustaran

02-18-2011

Actually, all these average game time numbers don't tell you anything.
Let's say you play 3 won games: (25min+25min+65min) = 115 minutes / 3 = 38,3 minutes
As far as I can see from the graph (approx):

Old:
118IP+118IP+102IP = 338IP

New:
76IP+76IP+142IP = 294IP

One problem is that gain is capped at 55min, the other that if you play many shorter games (such as in the Solo Queue) you lose IP.
Added to this new surrender time is 20 min, which is not evern displayed in the graph.