Guide to Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeLawlsAtYouSon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

Thx for replying, I've found trying to get catalyst first really pays off, just like you stated above. Dorans ring does help you in the early laning stages though.

Ixalmaris

01-23-2010

Just in theory, how effective would a Magic Penetration build be on Anivia instead of a flat AP one?

Its likely a waste for her as she has quite good AP rations compared to many casters, but AP items are very often overpriced with additional stuff with +mana etc.

I thought of:

- Haunting Guise
- Soulstealer (because it is the most cost effective AP item)
- Sorc Shoos
- Abyssal Scepter
- Void Staff.

The Void Staff is dependable on how magic penetration is calculated. Is the 40% reduction added in first, or after the fixed reduction of the other items?
As I understand it, a negative MR means you deal more magic damage, so you can't really have enough of it.

Maybe I have to add a Tear somewhere in there for mana.

The Swedish Chef

01-24-2010

Magic Pen will only help so far, and unless you do start getting AP items, you wont be do much overall damage by end game with just Magic Pen.

The Swedish Chef

01-28-2010

Whoo.. updated with a new build. Yes.. it is indeed DPS PHOENIX. What's sad is that it actually works in a real game. Give it a try if you guys want to do something new with her.

Also, dont forget to rate my guide please

The Swedish Chef

02-04-2010

Bump for the newbies

Arpagon

02-07-2010

hi,

first of all thanks for that very good guide which helped me enjoy Anivia's gameplay with added efficiency. I admit i hadn't thought to go for catalist as my first item and it's really perfect.

I don't think my question deserves a new topic and that's why I'm asking you here.

During my last game as Anivia, I was soloing mid and faced Karthus.
I found it almost impossible to avoid my opponent repeated blast with Anivia's mooving speed and have been first blooded in 2 min.

Then I asked to change lane and some other guy took my place.

Do you think it's just a skill issue? because when your opponent aim well and anticipate your position, changing direction quickly enough can't be done. Of course I had no money to spend since the game just started and didn't found any solution.

Have you encountered such difficulties?

The Swedish Chef

02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpagon View Post
hi,

first of all thanks for that very good guide which helped me enjoy Anivia's gameplay with added efficiency. I admit i hadn't thought to go for catalist as my first item and it's really perfect.

I don't think my question deserves a new topic and that's why I'm asking you here.

During my last game as Anivia, I was soloing mid and faced Karthus.
I found it almost impossible to avoid my opponent repeated blast with Anivia's mooving speed and have been first blooded in 2 min.

Then I asked to change lane and some other guy took my place.

Do you think it's just a skill issue? because when your opponent aim well and anticipate your position, changing direction quickly enough can't be done. Of course I had no money to spend since the game just started and didn't found any solution.

Have you encountered such difficulties?
This just happens to be one of those bad lineups with Anivia. Karthus, Kassadin and Veigar are probably your most problematic matchups as far as Casters go vs Anivia. They can spam their abilities far more often and have a better AP ratio than Anivia. First choice would definitely be to switch lanes, and if you cant, then play defensively rather than aggressively.

Arpagon

02-09-2010

Thanks for your answer.

I was a bit surprised that a single champion could be such an obstacle for Anivia, at least until she can afford boots. I'd like to mention Nidalae spear ability as a hard skill to deal with too, and when Ashe reach lvl6 extra caution becomes mandatory. Indeed we won't be abble to escape quickly enough after recovering from the stun to reach our turret before being killed and this force us to adopt a very defensive strategy when her ulti is up.

So far it makes a lot of bad lineups for our favorite bird :-)

I can't think about other Champions facing so much difficulties solomid against some particular opponents (if not considering melee champions as eligible for this role).

Do you think we have a chance to see this fixed one way or another without making Anivia OP?
I personaly doubt that could happend.

And since you mention going for HP or Armor runes in your build I'd like to submit this instructible link I found in the solomid.net forums : http://www.solomid.net/forums/index....es-for-anivia/

MBirk

02-10-2010

I don't find those champ to be a big deal. Just keep moving and use your range to harass, and stay out of theirs. You are slow and have less hp and hp regen, but have more range then they do.

I would agree Nidalee is a huge pain in the ass for Anivia. much more hp, faster, hp regen, much faster auto attack and damage, Huge range on spear, and even traps. And self heal to make your harassment worthless.

Anivia's range and offense is enough that shes stronger solo then you make out. But I do think she is even stronger with a partner. Much like Sivir really. you could solo, but shes just godmode with a team working with her.

If you are soloing with anivia, I would really recommend dorans. it will slow down your mid/late game building, but makes you quite a bit stronger early, when you need to get that edge.

mingoooo

02-14-2010

Hello Remni, I just played against you as an Anivia. I was browsing through the guides and noticed your name. I picked on you the whole time, lols. gg