Your DPS Janna Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2010

As a DPS Janna player myself, seeing as she's my main, I've found her to be useful. However, this thread is not meant to debate her utility in a game or which build would be better. This thread is intended for players to come and share their experience and builds with a DPS Janna.

Personally, I run a crit item build. I usually run:
1. Berserkers
2. Zeal
3. Avarice Blade
4. Madred's
5. Zeal -> Phantom Dancer
6. Infinity Edge

However, I've found this build to be a bit more on the expensive side, as I'm at a huge disadvantage if I do not do well early game.

I've been meaning to try an desolation/crit hybrid build but I haven't bothered with the runes to really test it.

So to all the other DPS janna players out there, what do you do?

And please, don't come in here trolling and telling me I'm playing Janna wrong. I've played enough to know that it works.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-05-2010

Agip33 used to run a crit build, but he changed it to armor pen instead. Brutalizer and sword of the divine was his early/mid core.

Vidal

02-05-2010

I played with a DPS janna today who was insanely good she went triforce and got that turtle shell and I think infinity edge but the main thing is she started with triforce which is great with all her abilites.

Chai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
Agip33 used to run a crit build, but he changed it to armor pen instead. Brutalizer and sword of the divine was his early/mid core.
I'm quite familiar with agip33's build, seeing as i know him in RL. But thanks for the input though .

"I played with a DPS janna today who was insanely good she went triforce and got that turtle shell and I think infinity edge but the main thing is she started with triforce which is great with all her abilites."

Hmmm... Maybe i should try that in a pub, but I really don't see how Triforce scales well with a DPS Janna. Thanks.

Zeckx

02-05-2010

Three words, sword of occult.

banduan

02-05-2010

Sword of Occult is awful.

I never go full DPS Janna, and I almost always take triforce if I'm going Semi-DPS.

Brutaliser is key though. You want the CDR, and you want the Armour Pen. You can get brutalisers pretty quick and they work well with Eye of the Storm.

Chai

02-05-2010

I never get Sword of Occult. The snowballing doesn't make a huge different, and for its price, other items are much more beneficial.

Brutalizer is something that I've been looking into to add into my build. I've been considering swapping Madred's for Brutalizer + Last Whisperer/Sword of Divine considering it'll come to approximately the same price.

kitfox

02-05-2010

Depends on how you intend to use your dps. If you are going to stand and deliver vs an oponent than armour penetration is a must and attack speed too. if you care going to do alot of kiting you need something like sheen where you pop shield and then autoattack for the extra sheen proc. if you have a blade of the divine and are faily good at counting you can try the sheen proc on your 4th attck for insane damage and if that crits can drop a champ rather quicky.
I have been experimenting with Phantom Dancer, Blade of Divine, Last Whisper, Black Cleaver and works rather good. if the game is still undecided the i sell my philosopher stone and can get triforce or just sheen depends on how tight money is. The KEY item to all these builds is Boots of Mobility. no other boots i have tried can even come close to. with triforce and force of nature i have hit 535 speed out of combat.

Make sure you pick up clense as once you pop clense you are put automaically out of combat and gain mobility 5.
might be a glitch given it needs 5 seconds out of combat but might have to be abonus effect of a summoner spell being used. who knows this is just what i have experienced

banduan

02-05-2010

Sheen doesn't count the Divine damage. Still, Divine is a very nice item.

Quinnister

02-06-2010

My personal build.

1. Doran's Shield
2. Berserker's Boots
3. Sword of the Divine
4. Stark's Fervor
5. Brutalizer x 2 (Sell Doran's by this point)
6. Black Cleaver