What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sizer

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tae87 View Post
Problem: Selection of boots cover a variety of options, but nothing for early Health.

Boots of Vigor:
Ruby Crystal + Boots of Speed + 250G (or 350G)

200 Health
Unique Passive: Permanently gain 1 Health per minion kill. Bonus capping at 50 Health.

Explanation: There are boots for CD, boots with MR, Arm and Magic Pen. I suggest these as a sort of "Tank Boot" Health Items can be expensive and the small boost to health that these boots would allow can help greatly with early game survivability, not only for tanks, but for all: melee or mages.
Personally, I think it's very important to make a player decide if they want survivability or mobility during early laning phase. Combining HP and mobility sounds like a no-no.

Ninja Tabi and Merc Treads both cover "Tank Boots" - if you're against heavy AP, Mercs, heavy AD, Tabi.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizer View Post
heavy AD, Tabi.
Ninja Tabi's don't do a thing against AD champions with stuns/slows/roots.

Mercury Tread's are standard if they have 2 or more stuns, which is generally 95%+ of the time.

deathtree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-11-2011

Smaller items to make early game more dynamic.
instead of the dorans items which have no where to go once you buy them, you could make peices that could build into the current base component items.
example:
vampiric rod
stats:4% lifesteal
cost: 200g
can be up-converted into vampiric scepter at the cost of 250g

another example:
short sword
stats: +5 damage
cost:215g
can be upconverted to long sword for 200g
can be combined with the vampiric rod to make dorans blade for 60g
not sure about the dorans thing but i think it'd be great to see smaller items to make the start of games more dynamic, and early deaths or recalls not so devistating

V3loc1ty

02-11-2011

1. I would like to see an in-game item that gives health, attack damage, and some slight attack speed. To help champions like Ashe, Shaco, and Ezreal carry a little better, and have some more suvivability.

2)+500 Health
+40 Attack Damage
+40% attack speed

Recipe:
Giant's Belt (1110)
Pick Axe (975)
Recurve Bow (1050)
Plus (700) to create

3)This solves the problem of champions having to choose between a Trinity Force and a Frozen Mallet. Since they both give the slowing passive, its better to only have one and save a spot for something else. This is the something else that would compromise. Call it.... Doran's Final Gift

TF or Anivia

02-12-2011

Xypherous would u plz tell me what was wrong with my items on page 60 and if they would be viable with some stat changes

icedrake523

02-12-2011

I would like to see the unnecessary nerfs to existing items stop. I'm looking at Banshee's Veil and the upcoming CDR nerf on defensive items.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-12-2011
17 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:

The Item:
Chained Mace (2500g) = Recurve Bow (1050g) + Pickaxe (975g) + 475g

+40 AD
+50% AS

(It's pretty comparable to Guinsoo's Rageblade if the AP were converted to AD and AS.)
Yeah.. we pretty much rolled this into black cleaver's role.

I'm never going to catch up to this thread.

Quote:

2) Thunderfangs:
+18 armor,+20ap,5% vampiric
PASSIVE: your spell and attacks have a 20% chance to deal 200 true damage to monsters
multi hit skills does half the damage and proc at 15%.

RECIPE:
Cloth armor(300 gold)+Amplifying tome(425 gold)+175 gold=900 gold
There's two main issues with this:

1. Hate Spike.
2. Every cooldown that is longer than 3 seconds will still utterly fail at Jungling.

Lastly, I'm not sure it's established that AP casters *need* to jungle. AP casters typically have early great CC's and range. Combining that hard CC + red buff slow would pretty much make any AP casters ridiculously good at ganking, unless I'm mistaken.

(Thankfully, Fiddle's CC has no damage component... Nunu is still a terror out of the jungle. :x)

Quote:
Item suggestion nr2:

"Skyqula's CATI": 3200g (1245+860+1095).
Ingredients: Fiendisch codex + blasting wand + recipy.
Stats:80 AP 10mp5 UNIQUE PASSIVE: 15% CDR, Your single target damage spells deal 4-8% (Based on spells CD) of the targets HP in either magical or physical damage(Wich ever deals more damage).
Hm.. Again, Evelynn tends to break this in half.

Ideally, instead of using the (Based on spells CD) portion, you'd want to make these types of effects apply a DoT that couldn't get reapplied very fast.

This solves two problems with percent health damage on burst casters:

1. It doesn't greatly extend the size of their burst (large burst damage tends to lead to unfun gameplay, see also: Farmed Veigar)
2. It doesn't care about the casters CD's.

I agree that it would be cool to give casters some sort of sustained DPS route in items though.

Quote:
PLEASE ADD A SIMPLE ITEM THAT ADDS ARMOR AND MAGIC RESIST!

in the 2100ish range.
Thy will be done... wait a second.....

Aegis of the Legion. (1950)
Guardian Angel (2600)

Quote:

Wriggle's Pouch:
Wriggle's Lantern + Null-Magic Mantle + 375 G (Total: 2300 G)

23 AD (0 added)
30 Armor (0 added)
24 MR (0 added)
14% Life Steal (0 added)

UNIQUE Passive: 20% chance on attack to deal 500 damage to a minion. Gains a "stored Sight Ward" charge every 3 minutes. You can fill up a charge by buying a Sight Ward. Maximum three charges.
I don't think this specific of a solution will help the ward buying issue... off the top of my head.. I'm not sure. Items with ammo systems is generally an okay concept but at the same time, having one specific item would mean that it's always your jungler that has to cough up the additional cash to ward.

Quote:

Thawing Gloves:
Rejuvenation Bead + Rejuvenation Bead + Cloth Armor + Null-Magic Mantle + 500 gold

+20 Health regen per 5 sec
+22 Armor
+25 Magic Resist
Unique Passive: All slows applied to you have their effect reduced by 35%

I can assure you that Rejuv Bead + Rejuv Bead = Item that no one ever wants to buy due to the fact that Rejuv beads are just awful beyond the early game. Picking up a second one is.. :/

However, the intent is good. I've been thinking about an item like this for a while. Sometimes, I think that CC reduction vs. Slows should just be reducing their effect by 35% instead of their duration.

I'd want that unique passive *somewhere*, I just don't know on what item or in what specific form.

Quote:
Amplifying Tome (435g) + Mana Crystal (400g) + 503g = 1338g

25 AP
200 Mana
Unique Passive: Anytime a nearby enemy dies you will recieve 2% of your maximum mana pool in HP healing.
Unique Active: Places a rune prison (~ size of Teemo Mushroom/Nidalee Trap) at a location for 10 seconds. After being placed for 2 seconds it will activate. From this point on if any enemy champion walks close to it a small AoE stun to nearby enemy champions for 1 second. 60 second cooldown.
The unique passive is a little convoluted.. and considering how small early mana pools are (800), I highly doubt that 16 life per monster would help a caster jungle, especially if the item doesn't have cloth armor as a component.

This is because casters typically have less mitigation stats, so each jungle hit hurts far worse. They're also slow at killing jungle mobs, and thus, it really wouldn't help them.

What the item *would* do, is turn every caster who can AoE farm into unstoppable dudes that you can't push out of lane though. :/

As to the active, I don't see how it solves the problem (As pretty much anyone can get it) and the implications of having even more AoE CC's is frightening to think about. Galio flashes in, places a trap, ults... then your team follows it up with more traps? More ways to enable AoE Chain CC typically isn't a good idea.

If you want to solve the Twisted Treeline problem, the easiest way is to make items that scale nicely up to three people and then cap.

Quote:
Problem: Unless you have specific hybrid synergy in your passive (Akali, Kayle), soft hybrids (like Ezreal) are generally outclassed by pure Ap or pure Ad characters during late game scaling/penetration. Even so, characters with hybrid synergy may, at times, be outclassed as well.

"The Disciple of Two":

Blasting Wand
Pickaxe
+ 165 GP
Total: 2k

45 AP
30 AD
Unique Passive: 20% Magic Penetration. 20% Armor Penetration

Nothing wrong I can see here... except for the fact that it'll stack with Void Staff and Last Whisper...

At a 2k price point, I believe this would mean that with Void Staff, you'd ignore 60% of their MR as a caster... that's a little scary to think about.

Quote:

Chain Vest (700G)
Negatron Cloak (740G)
Recipe (1600)
Total Cost: 3040G

Stats:
50 Armor
50 MR
Unique Active: Form Pact (700 Range, 60 Sec Cooldown, Lasts until new target or death of bearer or target)
Unique Passive: Within 1000 Range of Target, Bearer takes 50% of the damage the Target takes instead of the target themself.
It's an interesting idea, but I think the numbers given, it would just make carries into unkillable as well as uncatchable.

The problem is that, when you put this ability on a tank, focusing the carry is simply bad (as he'll take twice as long to kill) but you also can't hurt the tank to break the effect. Additionally, it makes Tanks 'Beasts of Burdens' onto other players. This hurts player relations as now every carry will expect some tank to be his damage soak, subservient to his will.

It's a neat concept, but I think I'd rather it be on a single character, so that people who choose that character know what they're getting into, rather than 'Are you a tank? If so, Get Selfless Sacrifice for me, because I'm Ashe. If you don't, you're a nub who hates teamwork' making tank players feel worse about being tanks.

Quote:
Mystic Tome:
Amplifying Tome + 600g
30 Ability Power
5% Cooldown Reduction
Unique Passive: If the champion is manaless, 5% of mana from items is converted to ability power, and each point of mana regeneration per 5 seconds from items is converted to 0.5% cooldown reduction. Does not stack with Mystic Blade, Manamune, or Archangel's Staff.
Stat conversions are an interesting idea, especially since they are both offensive statistics..

Something about this bothers me though. I think it's the fact that our mp/5 items are typically sought to be built in the early game, but you would encourage people to build mp/5 items after finishing this item...

Eeeh.. it's odd. I think I would just go with a simpler passive that just read: If the champion is manaless, he gets 10% additional CDR... but that's about as artificial as an encouragement as you could have to make manaless champions get it.

Quote:

Leviathan
Cloth Armor + Null Magic Mantle + 700 Gold
+24 Armor
+24 Magic resists

Unique Passive: For each stack on Leviathan, the wearer gains 4 Magic Resists and 4 Armor. The wearer gets two stacks for each enemy champion kill, and one stack for each assist. The user loses one third of the stacks when they die. When the wearer has 20 stacks, Leviathan will block one source of damage from an enemy champion every 30 seconds.

Explanation: This change of the Leviathan changes the focus from HP growth to armor and magic resist, which is dual to the HP and regeneration provided by the Warmogs Armor. This way, each item will fill their own niche without conflict.
Not a bad idea, considering the high HP pools of most tanks. Unfortunately, making the trigger still 'two per enemy kill and one per assists' and the concept of losing stacks dying is counter to the whole idea of being a tank. It's probably a better idea to abandon parallel structure somehow and find a tank friendly trigger.

Quote:

Problem: Wit's End is not a very useful item in general against heroes without mana, making it an item that is highly situational. The item is intended to fill a role to combat enemies that use magic damage extensively.

Wit's End:
Negatron Cloak + Stinger + 500 Gold
50% Increased Attack Speed
50 Magic Resists
Passive: Deals 20 Magic Damage.
Unique Passive: Reduces cooldowns by 10%. When hitting an enemy, Wit's End deals an amount of magic damage equal to one-tenth of the target enemy's AP.
An issue with scaling off of the opponent's statistics on an item that also gives defensive statistics is that you aren't encourage to build any offensive statistics on your part.

In the end, they take 20 seconds to kill you going full AP, and yet you take 5 seconds to kill them going full defense. There's a fundamental issue there. If you are going to punish the enemy for stacking offensive statistics, the statistics you should be getting should be almost purely offensive as well.

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ideally, instead of using the (Based on spells CD) portion, you'd want to make these types of effects apply a DoT that couldn't get reapplied very fast.

This gives me an idea...

Problem: Champions with absurd amounts of health may also buy one or two Magic Resist items in order to block the best counter to high health (% damage effects) as there is only one Physical Damage type ability that deals a % of the target's health as damage (XZ's ult).

Solution:
New Item: The Gutwrencher
Bilgewater Cutlass (1825g) + Pickaxe (975g) + 600g = 3400g
+65 Damage
+18% Lifesteal

Unique Active: Inflicts severe bleeding to a target, causing them to take 20% of their maximum HP as physical damage over the next 5 seconds and slowing them by 50%. 60 second Cooldown.

(Alternate Active: Your attacks inflict severe bleeding to targets, causing them to take 15% of their maximum HP as physical damage over the next 5 seconds and slowing them by 50% (25% for ranged). This buff lasts for 5 seconds. 60 second cooldown.)

Explanation: High damaging effect, physical damage, gives Bilgewater Cutlass a Non-Hybrid itemization choice (and how many hybrid characters actually benefit from Lifesteal, anyway?), and allows armorless, high HP champions (Mundo with Warmog's/Visage/Treads) to have a physical form of damage they can take based on their amassment of HP.

The alternate version is to make it more auto-attacker friendly (to give it a more direct comparison to Madred's).

Agg

02-13-2011

i think % penetration is capped at 50%, regarding that dual % pen item stacking with the other % pen items. i could be wrong? don't remember where i heard that cap.

WTB caster item with a ward use, caster item with a heal debuff use (same passive as exec calling), ap/spell vamp item (soulthirster or something).

Liath

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg View Post
i think % penetration is capped at 50%, regarding that dual % pen item stacking with the other % pen items. i could be wrong? don't remember where i heard that cap.

WTB caster item with a ward use, caster item with a heal debuff use (same passive as exec calling), ap/spell vamp item (soulthirster or something).
qft