Garen is underrated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Hearts11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

His current scaling isn't 1.2 AD per tick, just to be clear its 0.6 per tick.

Lance Eliot

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublelift View Post
Why take him over Malphite or Shen?
Why would I take just about anyone over Malphite or Shen? I wouldn't.

Shaella

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Hearts11 View Post
His current scaling isn't 1.2 AD per tick, just to be clear its 0.6 per tick.
Yeah, its 1.2 per a sec, and his judgment is 220 per a sec, its just dealt every .5 as 110 damage with .6 scaling

Judgment is a weird skill

Lance Eliot

02-12-2011

All Garen needs is a lategame scaling buff. They did the whole nerf the bases up the scaling deal that he needed, just.... minus the upping the scaling.

King of Hearts11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Yeah, its 1.2 per a sec, and his judgment is 220 per a sec, its just dealt every .5 as 110 damage with .6 scaling

Judgment is a weird skill
No it does damage every 0.5 seconds. Riot just listed it as 1.2 per bonus AD to confuse idiotic people into thinking he's fine and has a ZOMG HIGHEST AD SCALING SKILL IN GAME. Its 0.6 per Bonus AD, that's his actual scaling. That's also why AD items don't benefit him as much as Armor Penetration items do still, since his scaling is so **** low.
The actual formula is:

6 x (110 + (0.6 x your bonus AD) = Total Damage from Judgement before Armor.

Riot's description implies or confuses people into thinking that Judgement hits 3 times, but it actually hits 6 times.

LordUraj

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRVII View Post
Honestly, I would really like to see item effects get proc'd by Judgement, even if it meant lowering his tanky values (base armor/MR/HP).
I'd personally love this, but I think the devs would shudder at a Bloodrazor Garen spinning through an entire team.

wheresmyfreename

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Yes. This is what we call TANKY dps, he has to build both TANK items and DPS items, he's the only one that's balanced for **** right now

Ryze suffers from 'Is compeltely outdone in every way by other mages sysdrome'

Shaco suffers from.. Nothing? Dude is still lethal.

Vlad suffers from BEING ANNOYING AS ALL HELL SYNDROME

Xin suffers from.. You idiots not playing him Syndrome? Xin is really good.
Wow you obviously did not get what I was trying to say.. lmfao...

All those heroes that I listed obviously didn't go down the same path as garen. They still maintaned their degree of usefulness, while Garen DID NOT.

wheresmyfreename

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeiKz View Post
casters need to be buffed because if they build full tank they cant do damage
Misinterpretation.

Full tank Morde does loads more damage than full-tank Garen. And Morde is even widely considered a bad hero by most XD

Shaella

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Hearts11 View Post
No it does damage every 0.5 seconds. Riot just listed it as 1.2 per bonus AD to confuse idiotic people into thinking he's fine and has a ZOMG HIGHEST AD SCALING SKILL IN GAME. Its 0.6 per Bonus AD, that's his actual scaling. That's also why AD items don't benefit him as much as Armor Penetration items do still, since his scaling is so **** low.
The actual formula is:

6 x (110 + (0.6 x your bonus AD) = Total Damage from Judgement before Armor.

Riot's description implies or confuses people into thinking that Judgement hits 3 times, but it actually hits 6 times.
thats exactly what I said

Judgement deals 220 a second with 1.2 ad scaling

But its split into .5 ticks of damage that deal 110 damage with .6 scaling

But hey, stay mad bro

Girls Generation

Recruiter

02-12-2011

Every melee dps has a dash-like skill that can help them chase people. garen doesn't have **** except a 2 second speed boost that cancels out his low base movement speed. besides if you do build damage what are you going to do? spin for 3 seconds then auto attack with your .8 attack speed for 8 seconds? I think you make these threads for attention because you obviously don't get enough in real life.