Garen is underrated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathlordx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

This is AWESOME!!!11!1!11

Shaella

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Hope View Post
Nah you are just an idiot.
>implying Garen doesn't have a good midgame and a decent endgame

Also, you guys are like

Omg, all he does in laning phase is sit in the brush!

And if you're doing it right, you're zoning out the other team from EXP

FastaPasta

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
There. I said it.

You all underrate him because he suffers from "Was previously very Strong/OP" syndrome. Just. Like. Galio.

He's a fine tanky champion with a great midgame, and remains scary to carries endgame because they don't wanna get blown away by his ult

He's fine, you guys need to l2p. I've seen some Garen players doing just fine recently.
Garen is alright but gets ROFLPWNED by a team that knows him. Garen has no real chase, no real CC, and no real damage.

would take a champ like Malphite over him any game, at least Malphite has excellent CC

MoreIlo

02-12-2011

Downvoted Shaella

wheresmyfreename

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
There. I said it.

You all underrate him because he suffers from "Was previously very Strong/OP" syndrome. Just. Like. Galio.

He's a fine tanky champion with a great midgame, and remains scary to carries endgame because they don't wanna get blown away by his ult

He's fine, you guys need to l2p. I've seen some Garen players doing just fine recently.
No, he does not suffer from "was previously strong/OP syndrome"

So ryze does too?
Shaco?
Vlad?
Xin?

Completely wrong. He does not suffer from that, he suffers from can't-do-damage-itus if he builds full tank. And if he builds full DPS, he suffers from dies in less than one second-itis, that and you CAN'T disregard the fact that he is ALL MELEE, and that only hurts his cause.

Red VII

02-12-2011

I play Garen quite regularly, and I still do well with him even after his nerfs. Morello wants to buff his Decisive Strike though, which I'm all for.

If they wanted to make Garen more tanky-DPS, I think something needs to happen to Judgement, or something needs to happen to all the other tanky-DPS champs out there. Kinda like you mentioned, all the other "bruiser" champs outshine him - even though he is balanced.

Honestly, I would really like to see item effects get proc'd by Judgement, even if it meant lowering his tanky values (base armor/MR/HP).

People complain about his passive, but that - also - is incredibly balanced. It's not Sadism by any means, but it's not meant to be an incredibly fast, over-the-top, regen.

Overall, I really like where Garen is right now. Though, he doesn't fill the roll of "tanky-dps". More or less fills the role of "tank with an amazing ult".

Add: People also don't realize the zoning power of Courage -> Judgement.

Addition 2: I feel as if Courage needs an early game buff. 10% at first level is laughable, but you have to take it in order to reach that coveted 25% damage reduction, which is insanely awesome. The added AR/MR from Courage is nice, albeit, negligible. Perhaps leaving the damage reduction values where they are at and giving him some CC reduction when Courage is active would be interesting to play around with.

FastaPasta

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacExcant View Post

So ryze does too?
Shaco?
Vlad?
Xin?

Completely wrong. He does not suffer from that, he suffers from can't-do-damage-itus if he builds full tank. And if he builds full DPS, he suffers from dies in less than one second-itis, that and you CAN'T disregard the fact that he is ALL MELEE, and that only hurts his cause.
+1 for truth, I said something along these lines in another Garen thread. Glad that someone else understands

Shaella

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastaPasta View Post
Garen is alright but gets ROFLPWNED by a team that knows him. Garen has no real chase, no real CC, and no real damage.

would take a champ like Malphite over him any game, at least Malphite has excellent CC
This just in, some champs don't have everything.

Garen may not have great chase or CC, but you're an idiot if you think he doesn't have any damage
660 AOE damage that can crit and scales at 1.2 bonus AD is A LOT OF DAMAGE, we're talking rivaling Death Lotus amounts of damage here, l2p and learn to use his abilities

SeiKz

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirisaacexcant View Post
no, he does not suffer from "was previously strong/op syndrome"

so ryze does too?
Shaco?
Vlad?
Xin?

Completely wrong. He does not suffer from that, he suffers from can't-do-damage-itus if he builds full tank. And if he builds full dps, he suffers from dies in less than one second-itis, that and you can't disregard the fact that he is all melee, and that only hurts his cause.
casters need to be buffed because if they build full tank they cant do damage

Shaella

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacExcant View Post

So ryze does too?
Shaco?
Vlad?
Xin?

Yes. This is what we call TANKY dps, he has to build both TANK items and DPS items, he's the only one that's balanced for **** right now

Ryze suffers from 'Is compeltely outdone in every way by other mages sysdrome'

Shaco suffers from.. Nothing? Dude is still lethal.

Vlad suffers from BEING ANNOYING AS ALL HELL SYNDROME

Xin suffers from.. You idiots not playing him Syndrome? Xin is really good.