Casseiopea, simple item build idea feedback please

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zamaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

My build generally goes:
- Doran's Ring
- Sorc Boots (Finish these before starting any other item)
- Rod of the Ages
- Rylai's
- Deathcap or Abyssal
- Abyssal or Deathcap (Which ever was not gotten before)
- Sell Doran's and get a situational Item: Hourglass, Will of the Ancients, Banshee's, etc.

9/0/21 Masteries
Glyphs: 5x Mana Regen per Lvl 4x Flat AP
Seals: 9x Mana Regen per Lvl
Marks: 9x Magic Pen
Quints: 1x Flat AP, 2x Movement speed

Spells: Flash + Ignite

This enhances her catching and getting away from other champs a bit more, and gives her a bite more AP during early game for some extra damage.

MBirk

02-11-2011

There are a number of good ways to build/play her.
I think the others all gave good advice.

I play the 9/0/21. With tp/clairvoyance. Tp lets me lane hardcore. and react well late game.
mpen red, mp/5 yellow, cdr blue, and move speed quints

sorc boots like 100% honestly.
I like chalice first. Cheap and a ton of mana regen. With mp/5 yellows, and 21 ut, this is like 40-50mp/5 average, 60-80 when low on mana, and like 150-200 with blue. haha.
keeps you zoning/harassing/farming in lane for more gold, and lane control early. Farm more then ap at this point will.
I was watching some vids of people playing lux, and saw phil stones. 22hp/5 and 10mp/5. and 5g/10s.
I am really considering phil stone. Cass has decent farm, but to really succeed does need a ton of cash. rylais, lb, deathcap. +will/elixers/chalice is not cheap.
Will's spell vamp goes a long way, esp after you have a def item to survive burst. But early that hp/5 probably is more hp regen then spell vamp can give for a long time.

I like lb, rylias, and will has her core. Ive said many times. lb and will both can start as partials with sheen/hextech nicely. And I consider LB my #1 item. But choosing which depends on my team, and theres. If I have protection, ashe with stun/slows. sona with heals/stun, lux with bnding/slow, strong tanking with rammus/shen etc. then lb is clearly the highest dps. and the speed on it will let me kite/chase better then rylais. While if I dont have that strong support, and/or the other team has alot of burst/can dive me then rylai's hp is needed faster.
And the same with hextech-will. cheap great ap. and if you aren't being burst down the vamp is better then total health. If you ARE being burst down, then you do need higher total hp over vamp.
hourglass, banshees, and aegis are totally options as well.

Dont ignore cdr totally. NB does have a 3s duration, that doesnt stack. but you CAN hit more then one person. NB on 3 people nonstop in a team fight is PAINFUL.
Same with W. 9s cd, 7 s duration youll want at least 25% to get below 7s cd.

Long range Poke++++ cass does work too.
500 ap is 685 over 3s. that is a silly amount of poke damage.
Karthas's Q is 420 aoe, or 840 single. Alone, yeah +wall that will burn someone down faster. But cass's is aoe, and she has long range W too.

MBirk

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anivias Chosen View Post
Summoner Spells are Exhaust and Ignite, allowing you to go up against most champions 1on1. You should be able to cope without Ghost and Flash and learn to play better because of it. "If you need to escape youv done something wrong" Though ofc if you already use those spells and it works for you use em. Try that combo out for a bit though.
I like alot of the other stuff, but not this.

Exhaust and ignite both have shorter ranges then all your spells.
Ignite is more damage. And yes, healing reduction. but cass is DPS+++ I certainly dont need more dps. And I can out dps mundo's ult.
Exhaust. could be useful. mr reduction. And reduce damage dealt.

If I am playing long range ap cass. AA+deathcap. id want flash to meke sure I stay out of range and no one can touch me. exhaust isn't really going to do the job.
Short range cass. flash to avoid a skillshot cc will work more then exhaust. flashing away from a katarina + letting you turn and ult now with 300 range gap is way more functional then trying to exhaust her to reduce it. or flashing over walls.

Granted I personally go for team/game utility of tp/cv.

Asylumseeker

02-11-2011

I can see chalice being useful but with the speed cass spams spells i would go tear everytime as it builds into AA and gets you a massive mana pool. Allows you to go 9/21/0 which means you can survive more therefore do more damage.

MBirk

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylumseeker View Post
I can see chalice being useful but with the speed cass spams spells i would go tear everytime as it builds into AA and gets you a massive mana pool. Allows you to go 9/21/0 which means you can survive more therefore do more damage.
if you are going aa+deathcap, then tear is ok.
You wont be using E as much. you are too soft to get too close. So your mana use right there is less.

AA's 25mp/5 is decent and will get you around 40mp5. but tear is way way less then chalice.
Its a much slower ramp up in power. Aa+deathcap is very expensive. Esp when you consider how little tear increases your offense.
If you are planning on rylais, or lb its even worse. as again, the ramp up is so slow. Tear will give much much less benefit, and costs alot. Really slowing your lb or ryalis down.
Tear-giants belt for rylais. ugh. 2k gold(3k if you add boots and wards/pots) and no ap yet.
Chalice is like 15-30mp/5 average. spiking higher when low.

Mitch Bade

02-11-2011

Yeah, Tear of the Goddess for sure. It will give you a nasty mana pool, and all the regen you will ever need. Plus it builds into a massive AP boosting item later on, after you built some HP.

I prefer Flash/Teleport as my summoner spells. Flash can help you set up a perfect shot with her Ultimate, and it can get you out of very sticky situations. I usually have better results if I use Flash to set up a surprise Ultimate, because getting face to face to use R is one of the dangers of playing Cass, and adding the element of surprise helps you survive casting it more often.

Teleport is a MUST for me with every champion I play. I love being able to save towers, and switch lanes quickly. It also gives you a much higher Creep Score, because you are going to be the first one to get to the lane with the huge incoming Creep Wave. I also love TP so I can Blue Pill, and come back to my lane in the blink of an eye, thus not losing out on Experience or Gold. I can't play games without Teleport now, because the utility of it is priceless to me.

Medusa

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
I like alot of the other stuff, but not this.

Exhaust and ignite both have shorter ranges then all your spells.
Ignite is more damage. And yes, healing reduction. but cass is DPS+++ I certainly dont need more dps. And I can out dps mundo's ult.
Exhaust. could be useful. mr reduction. And reduce damage dealt.

If I am playing long range ap cass. AA+deathcap. id want flash to meke sure I stay out of range and no one can touch me. exhaust isn't really going to do the job.
Short range cass. flash to avoid a skillshot cc will work more then exhaust. flashing away from a katarina + letting you turn and ult now with 300 range gap is way more functional then trying to exhaust her to reduce it. or flashing over walls.

Granted I personally go for team/game utility of tp/cv.
I find i like it cause at some point youl always get up against some melee type or be able to use it in most fights anyway, while your other spells can be used to close the gap for ranged champs.

I guess how i play, i dont mind if players get close, cause i prefer to blast them down with my spells.

Either way, Flash is just as good a choice.

Zamaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
I like chalice first. Cheap and a ton of mana regen.
Unless i feel that magic resist is needed for the match, I think chalice can be a waste of an item. Cass' s passive plus seals and maybe a few glyphs or mp regen should be enough to keep casting for quite a long time. The trick is to spam Q even if there is no target, and only cast her W and E when needed. If you let her passive stacks diminish then your mana will be hit harder then next start of casting, but if you spam Q, should mana should level off and not go down so much.

Argodis

02-11-2011

I see a 9/21/0. Interesting. I need to try that out or at least something similar.

I see a lot of MP yellows on Cass players. I've honestly never had any MP problems once I got AA. I just run flat armor reduction instead. I only have mana problems early-mid game where mana regen per level isn't going to help me there anyway. I just try and play smarter.

I always start with Meki and 2 HP pots. I take Ignite and Ghost for my summoner spells. I rarely use ignite mid-late game but it helps me harass and ensure kills during the laning phase. I'm considering switching to Exhaust/Ghost though.

I think everyone should take Mejai's on Cass. It's relatively easy to get stacks from assists from your Q and W. As long as you maintain at least 6 stacks, it's not a waste imo. It's not uncommon for me to be running around with max stacks and not even be the main carry on my team. Just wait until you get 600 AP... Got my first quadra kill. lol Cass with at least 550 AP is fearsome.

I get tear, basic boots, and start saving up for Mejai. Once I buy Mejai's I finish up AA, and finish up my boots(Sorc boots).

This is the part where I evaluate the other team and my team and see if it is worth it to keep building up more DPS. If my team is doing well then I'll go for Deathcap next. If not and the enemy team mages are wrecking my team, I'll get Abyssal Scepter or at least go ahead and buy a Megatron Cloak to lessen the pain. If their melee dps is wrecking my team, I'll get Frozen Heart. If their team is balanced, I'd just build RoA.

There are special items I do get for certain champs. If the enemy Karthus is doing well then I'll get Banshee instead of Abyssal Scepter. If Tryndamere/Yi are causing havoc, I may consider getting a Thornmail over Frozen Heart.

Tear->basic boots->Mejai's->sorc shoes->AA->Deathcap->Survivability item. Ideally.

Asylumseeker

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
I see a 9/21/0. Interesting. I need to try that out or at least something similar.

I see a lot of MP yellows on Cass players. I've honestly never had any MP problems once I got AA. I just run flat armor reduction instead. I only have mana problems early-mid game where mana regen per level isn't going to help me there anyway. I just try and play smarter.

I always start with Meki and 2 HP pots. I take Ignite and Ghost for my summoner spells. I rarely use ignite mid-late game but it helps me harass and ensure kills during the laning phase. I'm considering switching to Exhaust/Ghost though.

I think everyone should take Mejai's on Cass. It's relatively easy to get stacks from assists from your Q and W. As long as you maintain at least 6 stacks, it's not a waste imo. It's not uncommon for me to be running around with max stacks and not even be the main carry on my team. Just wait until you get 600 AP... Got my first quadra kill. lol Cass with at least 550 AP is fearsome.

I get tear, basic boots, and start saving up for Mejai. Once I buy Mejai's I finish up AA, and finish up my boots(Sorc boots).

This is the part where I evaluate the other team and my team and see if it is worth it to keep building up more DPS. If my team is doing well then I'll go for Deathcap next. If not and the enemy team mages are wrecking my team, I'll get Abyssal Scepter or at least go ahead and buy a Megatron Cloak to lessen the pain. If their melee dps is wrecking my team, I'll get Frozen Heart. If their team is balanced, I'd just build RoA.

There are special items I do get for certain champs. If the enemy Karthus is doing well then I'll get Banshee instead of Abyssal Scepter. If Tryndamere/Yi are causing havoc, I may consider getting a Thornmail over Frozen Heart.

Tear->basic boots->Mejai's->sorc shoes->AA->Deathcap->Survivability item. Ideally.
Hmm mejajs. I dont usually like stacking items as when i dont buy them i feel i should have and when i do buy them i wish i hadnt in the past, but ive been playing pretty well with her so i might try it out.

9/21/0 i think is the best masteries for her. She doesnt need any of the mana regen in utility if your building tear so its wasted. I do think though you should stick rylais into your build. Keeps people around long enough to take them out. Without it they escape too often. You can also permanently slow an entire team quite easily. It really turns the tide of combat when they cant get to half your team. You also have an amazing escape mechanism with it as if your being chased you just shove W behind you and it blocks the path slowing all chasers down and making it easy to escape. Manage to survive a gank by sivir and tf when sivir was using her ult because i had rylais. Its just it gives massive CC to you, health and AP. Really is the best item for her.

123456 ... 9