Casseiopea, simple item build idea feedback please

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyasbawlztilaidy

02-10-2011

I've been playing casseiopea for some time now and have been fiddling with items to see what works best. I'm just suggesting a simple item progression and would like some feedback or helpful advice how to progress the best and if this seems like a reasonable build.

I'm not level 30 just yet so please don't flame me xD

I run 9/19 right now getting movement speed increase and cd reduction in utility

I also run 2 movement speed quints, cause i haven't unlocked the third, all red mp, and yellow mana regen, and blue mana regen mixed with cdr

I used to start with a meki>tear of the goddess then get boots of swiftness then rush a rylai's.
That's pretty much the core build. I focus a lot more on movement speed then ap because cass needs to mobile in my opinion.

However, I'm starting to run a new build. Pretty much same thing switching out boots of swiftness for sorc. after rylai's I am going abyssal scepter for mr debuff aura instead of getting will of the ancients.

Just wonderin what you think, and if any of you guys can offer me a better build path and such as I haven't seen this in any builds online.

Thanks

Mitch Bade

02-10-2011

I also play Cass a lot, and I'm still trying to find that perfect build myself. I have the strategy down and I know how to play her efficiently, but sometimes I wonder what items are the best for her.

Rylai's is great for her though, because adding a slow to her Q and E rocks and the HP is much needed for her survivability.

Will of the Ancients has been growing on me lately. For the price, it's one of the most cost effective AP items around, and the Spell Vamp works well with her Twin Fang. The problem is it doesn't do that much for her survivability, so I only get that after I have enough HP.

Sorc boots are a good pick for her. Abyssal Scepter is good too especially after Rylai's and if the enemy has some hard hitting AP champs. Sometimes it is better to get Banshee's Veil, but Abyssal Scepter is usually the better choice since it makes you hit harder.

After that Rabadon's Deathcap is a must.

One item I have toyed with is Lichbane. Since Cass can spam her spells it makes the Lichbane proc nonstop. If the game lasts long enough then buy this item, and your auto attacks will start hitting for 400+. The movement speed is great, and its got great AP. You can time it so your autoattacks in between Twin Fangs add tons of damage. The problem is that Cass isn't usually in range for autoattacking, so this is a luxury item I decided. It does let you destroy towers late game too.

Sounds like you are on the right track, and I wish you luck fellow Cass player.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-10-2011

I like to get spell steal and some tanky/ caster items, Zohnya's hourglass, Rylais crystal staff, Abyssal scepter, I even tried her with a Warmog's living armor worked very well actually.-----Super squish snake needs anti-squish items------- after that she can basically stack the archangels.

Hyasbawlztilaidy

02-10-2011

ya mitch i've tried lichbane myself. my original full build was tear>boots of switft>rylai's>will of the ancients> lichbane because i noticed that twin fangs resets your aa. However i found it to be just TOO expensive for the minor damage increase. I just played 2 games with the changes to boots and addition of abyssal scepter. I found myself having problems early game but doing a whole lot better late game once i got the scepter and will. i might try that warmogs idea cause an antisquish cass would be godly, but idk where to place it in my progression or how much damage ill lose

ZXPrototype

02-10-2011

Thats really not "rushing a rylais sceptor." since you start other tiems first.

also note that as an AP caster you must always have the option to get a mejais. A lot of people simply say "get this item if your team is doing well", but what you can adjust for it is 1)pick up the amp tome 2)if you get early kills/great farm, than pick up the mehais. 3)if you die horribly, the go ahead and "rush"into the rylais.

Medusa

02-10-2011

My main set-up is Mana Regen per lvl Quints/Seals, Mpen Marks and Magic Resist per lvl Glyphs.

I have found i dont need to get CDR and any little you get from glyphs doesn't make enough of a difference to bother, since most of her skills are low enough CD already.

I start with a Meki -> Tear+boots -> Sorc Shoes+Blasting wand or Negatron Cloak -> Abyssal -> AAS

And thats the core build iv settled on, hasn't led me wrong once. Going back/getting those items together at each stage ^

The 4th item is usually defensive and its often something with Armor since you have good Magic resist at this point.

5th item if it goes this long would be Haunting Guise for further and much needed Magic pen.

The AP you have at this point is enough to get by so Hourglass could be a good choice for more durability and a good amount of AP. Though if you took something like Frozen Heart or Randuins for your 4th item you could just as easily go Rabadons Deathcap.

For masteries to make yourself not as squishy you should try at some point 9/21/0 its is just as viable if not more then 9/0/21.
The standard 9 in Offense then:

Resistance,
Hardiness,
Strength of Spirit,
Harden Skin,
Defensive Mastery,
Veterans Scars,
2 points in Ardor
Tenacity.

Summoner Spells are Exhaust and Ignite, allowing you to go up against most champions 1on1. You should be able to cope without Ghost and Flash and learn to play better because of it. "If you need to use them for escape youv done something wrong" Though ofc if you already use those spells and it works for you use em. Try that combo out for a bit though.

If you havent done it already, Smart Cast all 4 of your skills, and Summoner Spells as well. It saves you valuable time and makes you play better (having a faster reaction time/learning where spells take effect) Also it is essential for Twin Fang

Lastly practice something called "Noxious Casting" where you constantly use Noxious Blast to keep her passive at 5 stacks. (cast it on minions of course but if none are around, perhaps your travelling a fair distance, cast it as your going since it wont interrupt your movement.)

With my set-up i can do it reliably by lvl 6. And also gain some mana back at the same time. The big point in this technique is waiting until the passive is about to expire before casting NB again. This allows for about 4.5 seconds of regen in which time you will gain back the cost of NB (22 at lvl 2 which is where i keep it until AAS).

You can substitute a NB for say Miasma once in a while to keep up that passive.

Noxious Casting isnt mandatory by any means, and you can still farm well without it but its a play-style that should be mastered by all Cassio's.

Hope that answered your questions/gave you new things to try. If you have any more feel free to add me.

Edit: I should just make a guide i can link to each time, this is getting tiering typing stuff out each time :S

Mitch Bade

02-10-2011

I forgot to add that Smart Casting ALL four of her abilities is a must for Cass. Anivias Chosen is right, and it makes you a much better player when you get used to it.

Although I haven't thought about smart casting my summoner spells, because I didn't even realize it was an option. I will be doing that for sure.

Hyasbawlztilaidy

02-10-2011

Thanks a lot guys, I've been testing out all your suggestions. Although I've been getting some badly organized teams so I still can't assess how well these items are helping me just yet.

Gunflame

02-11-2011

The items I use on her are:
- Rylai
- Lichbane
- Will of the Ancient
- Deathcap
- Banshee's Veil
- Guardian Angel
- Zhonya's Hourglass
- Abyssal Staff
- Chalice

That's in order of prefference. Obviously they are situational depending on the game

Asylumseeker

02-11-2011

mine is pretty much always
meki + 2 hp pots (quite often i never use the 2nd one though)
tear
sorc boots/merc treads depending on cc of the enemy team. usually mercs though.
rylais
will of the ancients
finish AA.
randuins deathcap/BV depending on how its going.

9/21/0 is pretty good actually as once youve got tear built up a little you wont have mana issues anyway. only thing that is better for 9/0/21 is the experience bonus.

usually use ghost/flash aswell, but im thinking i might try ignite/exhaust. should be able to get some nice kills with it.

As they said smartcasting is a must with her. Just make sure to let go of it when you want to move. A few times i have just stood there when im trying to chase or escape..

Problem is as youve stated cass is very team dependent.If you dont have a half decent team you will need to change to get more MR and health really.

12345 ... 9