The Top 10 Most Powerful Champions (Lore)

1234511 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

02-08-2011

As the title indicates, who are top 10 most powerful champions in the League (while in lore)? There are no assistance from summoners or additional items. Other than that, there are no restraints.

My Top Ten:

1. Jax (with a real weapon)
2. Fiddlesticks
3. Xerath (without the sarcophagus)
4. Cho'Gath
5. Kog'Maw
6. Mordekaiser
7. Anivia
8. Brand
9. Nasus
10. Renekton

Sepik121

02-08-2011

I can't think of the top 10, but I have to agree with you lore wise on Jax being number 1. Hundreds of wins until he gets banned from using normal weapons.

madstermind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

I'm not too sure if Jax is the most powerful though. Are all of the champions in the league allowed to use their full power in the fields of justice? Or are their power levels somehow capped?

Now having their powers capped doesn't make sense with Jax's story, or the fact that only a select few are allowed to become champions of the league. If power could be balanced, I could enter it and get all the champions nerfed to my level to make it a fair fight. No bueno. Of course, this also means that the capped champions are more powerful out of combat.

So are we forced to conclude they're uncapped (expect for Jax)? This would seem to imply that the league takes in applicants who are at the highest levels of proficiency in combat in the universe, so their power levels are comparable and they can fight fairly. That seems unbelievable. A team of divine creatures able to lose against humans with mere physical weapons?

I don't know the answer to this (red pls clarify!), so I'll assume the capped variation.

My list then goes -

1.) Anivia,
2.) Karthus
3.) Nasus
4.) Cho Gath
5.) Renekton
6.) Annie
7.) Kassadin
8.) Malzahar
9.) Soraka
10.) Veigar

(underlined is godlike powers aka tier 1, * is tier 2, ** is tier 3 in raw power)

Dracozero

02-08-2011

Nasus is either a god, or close in power to one.

Renekton managed to defeat 3 champions on his own during his Judgment.

Malzahar and Kassadin both are infused with the power of the Void.

Zilean is immortal and controls time.

... And Veigar is just the most powerful mage in Valoran.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

02-08-2011

Seeing how the levels only go up to 18, I'd say there is a power cap. If there was no cap, I'd imagine some champions would go up to level 30 and above.

In regards to Jax, as long as he had a weapon, he was still winning consecutive matches even with the level 18 cap. By restricting the weapon he uses, the other champions now at least have a fighting chance.

So the difference was, everyone has the same "power cap", but Jax is the only one with specific "restrictions" on what he can use.

Hotarukin

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem1324 View Post
Seeing how the levels only go up to 18, I'd say there is a power cap. If there was no cap, I'd imagine some champions would go up to level 30 and above.

In regards to Jax, as long as he had a weapon, he was still winning consecutive matches even with the level 18 cap. By restricting the weapon he uses, the other champions now at least have a fighting chance.

So the difference was, everyone has the same "power cap", but Jax is the only one with specific "restrictions" on what he can use.
You know, I always thought that it was the characters slowly working their way up to their base power, and that their base power was 18. I never thought that 18 was just the point which all champions were able to make it to. That's an interesting idea.

DoransTroll

02-08-2011

Too many humans and constructs are ranking above gods and guardian spirits. That just doesn't sound right.
Lore-wise, shouldn't a demi-god like Malphite or Anivia (or the devil himself like Karthus) be able to wipe the floors with any human champions?

Sepik121

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoransTroll View Post
Too many humans and constructs are ranking above gods and guardian spirits. That just doesn't sound right.
Lore-wise, shouldn't a demi-god like Malphite or Anivia (or the devil himself like Karthus) be able to wipe the floors with any human champions?
You would think so, but depending on the mechanics of how the rules of the fields of justice (aka whether champions have to hold back in the arena) can vastly change the strengths.

If there is a limit on their strength, then the demigods are far more powerful. If not, Jax easily is the strongest. Winning hundreds of matches consecutively far outshines any other champion.

True Ethos

02-08-2011

I think everyone is forgetting that lore wise Sivir is a very powerful champion. "Time and time again, Sivir proves that she has earned the right to call herself 'The Battle Mistress'." this was said none other by the entirely awesome Grandmaster at Arms Jax.

Now I'm not a big fan of Sivir personally but lore wise I think this comment holds some weight.

Shishienjin

02-09-2011

Well, there is currently not enough information about some characters to make a safe "Top ten" list, so i'm gonna do this in a tier-style system.

Deities, Demideities, Horrible creatures that could likely destroy the planet etc.:
Anivia, Malphite, Nasus, Renekton, Mordekaiser, Cho'Gath, Soraka, Fiddlesticks, Kog'Maw.

Super-humans, beyond anything a 'mortal' should be:
Amumu (His apparent immunity from bad luck, etc), Jax, Karthus, Kassadin, Malzahar, Morgana, Kayle, Ryze, Vladimir, Zilean, Warwick.

I believe just about everyone else would fall into the "I am an incredibly powerful mortal" role.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: totally forgot Warwick existed when I made this.

1234511 ... 33