Who's the Toughest Initiator?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2010

I guess all these hero's have some initiation potential, I guess I just prefer playing a hero that I don't have to even back out of a fight with, So I stick with Rammus.

h3w0

01-30-2010

I'd say rammus if he wasn't so hit or miss depending on the enemy team. For all around great initiation I'd take a malphite.

Nullname

01-30-2010

Best initiator : Malphite

Best at soaking up damage (best tank) : Alistar

Alistar is too good right now.

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullname View Post
Best initiator : Malphite

Best at soaking up damage (best tank) : Alistar

Alistar is too good right now.
That's just his ult.. and i've said it before people can easily just ignore him when he does. Rammus is a bit more difficult to ignore, especially when you're slowed and/or taunted, team almost always goes in to try to save him.

If Alistar had a really good earlygame and was dominating in fights, then yes his ult would make him better. People are inclined to kill the thing causing them the most problems, a fed alistar would do that, rammus doesn't need as much gear to do this well though.

PrawnWonton

01-30-2010

Best initiator: Blitzcrank, hands down.

Turn any 5v5 into a 4v5 instantly, with almost zero threat to himself. Malphite is really good, no argument, but nothing beats a Rocket Grab. It is pretty much a guaranteed instant kill. Also, Singed is good at initiating. He can be a really tough egg to crack.

Damage sponge: Alistar, obviously. Rammus is also good. Singed, too.

private

01-30-2010

Rammus w/ boots chalice (only if you dont have melee), 2-4 wardens mails and maybe banshees and a magic resist item if they have casters

Nasus built like this --- http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?p=216513

Nanatsu

01-30-2010

Singed

Nullname

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akedomo View Post
That's just his ult.. and i've said it before people can easily just ignore him when he does. Rammus is a bit more difficult to ignore, especially when you're slowed and/or taunted, team almost always goes in to try to save him.

If Alistar had a really good earlygame and was dominating in fights, then yes his ult would make him better. People are inclined to kill the thing causing them the most problems, a fed alistar would do that, rammus doesn't need as much gear to do this well though.
In high ELO our tanks always lead. In alistar's case he always flashes. As soon as he flashes and pulverizes people are going to instinctively focus the big bull because all the dps will be off to the side or behind him. Not as hard to ignore as it would seem. If you try to get behind the tank you get cc'd and raped by DPS while trying to get to their DPS. In theory, of course.

betrayedprince

01-30-2010

Rammus. Judging from how your post is worded, you want someone who can go in and stay til it's over or at least die when more than two heroes has been eliminated from the opposing team.

Your best choice is Rammus. Rammus can Powerball in and deal initial damage to multiple enemies, provided you came in the right way. There's also the trick of powerballing then using flash to get in the middle and hit everyone. Then you have your Puncturing Taunt and Curl. Curl will increase both armor and magic resistance, making you harder to kill. With the right equipments (ie multi-Thornmails, sunfire capes, mercury treads or guirdian angel) you will definitely emerge from a 5v5 battle alive with health to spare for pushing.

Sure Alistartand Malphite can knock people in the air, but can they lower a tough hero's defense and keep it away from your dps player? No. Rammus not only gives your dps time to land killer blows, but he also let's you reduce his armor and take the damage so your other teammates can own him. Then there's his ult, which is Earthquake. This deals damage to any enemy nearby(and enemy buildings). This makes him able to attack and defend at the same time.