Clever Girl: Jungling as Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor402 View Post
I don't see what "misconception" you are talking about. Everything said about Sheen is true: it helps burst/jungling, it's viable before Rylai's, and you should only build it with the intent of upgrading into Lich Bane.
The misconception: The procs from a rushed Lich Bane do less damage than the procs from Sheen. This is false unless you farm so slowly you don't buy it before level 12-15.

The original wording of the final sentence in my Lich Bane bullet point was poorly written and the most natural reading appeared to fall into this misconception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post
quick question, since you are going pure AP, would will of the ancients theoretically be better than gunblade? It has a lot more spellvamp altho loses out on the active. But since you already have slow from rylais, i would think the 300 damage nuke every 60 seconds is not that big a deal in exchange for more AP and more spellvamp. What do you think?
Will of the Ancients only gives 20% Spell Vamp. Hextech Gunblade is 32% Spell Vamp (20% + 12% from AD) and 20% Life Steal. The personal benefits of Hextech Gunblade are far, far greater than those of Will of the Ancients.

Burbinator

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
Will of the Ancients only gives 20% Spell Vamp. Hextech Gunblade is 32% Spell Vamp (20% + 12% from AD) and 20% Life Steal. The personal benefits of Hextech Gunblade are far, far greater than those of Will of the Ancients.
**** lol my bad for some reason i was thinking WotA had more spellvamp than it did (just checked again now). So my question seems a lot more stupid than it did when i asked it.

It's pretty cheap, almost half the cost of gunblade, but I guess her passive really makes gunblade a lot better of an option.

Shoniboi

02-03-2011

Holy **** this thing was a lot longer then i thought it was going to be when i started reading.

stonedoncalpol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Interceptor what spells do you take alongside smite?
Exhaust is the only one i can get the mastery for with your setup without losing archaic knowledge.

AkitaNeru

Recruiter

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedoncalpol View Post
Interceptor what spells do you take alongside smite?
Exhaust is the only one i can get the mastery for with your setup without losing archaic knowledge.
I can't speak for Interceptor, but for my somewhat similar build, I don't get the masteries for my second summoner spell. I usually just run the Smite mastery.

On a vaguely related note, I finally got enough IP to swap my runes to match his. Trading 1.8-ish AD (and, like, 0.4 AP) for 7 armor seems alright to me. :P

Blink Winkel

02-03-2011

Quote:
It is. Your homework is to construct an argument as to which mastery you would sacrifice a point in to pick it up and why.
Alright, good to know, was just wondering if those exact masteries were vital to the jungle route, thanks i'll go experiment around then.
Edit:
Looks like i'll either give up a point in defensive mastery or harden skin mostly defensive mastery as harden skin works on champs as well, as having the one point in the exp mastery will let me start at different camps.

Montegomery

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink Winkel View Post
Alright, good to know, was just wondering if those exact masteries were vital to the jungle route, thanks i'll go experiment around then.
Edit:
Looks like i'll either give up a point in defensive mastery or harden skin mostly defensive mastery as harden skin works on champs as well, as having the one point in the exp mastery will let me start at different camps.
Excellent work. Generally the exp mastery is so that you can level off blue or the small golems, though I suppose that's close to your stated reason. Maybe you just worded it funny.

Ebonclaw

02-04-2011

Quote:
The misconception: The procs from a rushed Lich Bane do less damage than the procs from Sheen. This is false unless you farm so slowly you don't buy it before level 12-15.

The original wording of the final sentence in my Lich Bane bullet point was poorly written and the most natural reading appeared to fall into this misconception.
You are a true man amongst peasants, good sir. :P

I just like to argue that point a lot, as many people even state Lichbane as doing LESS damage than Sheen, if you buy it too early, which is functionally impossible if you start with 20AP in runes.

I still think that in some circumstances, it makes sense to rush straight to Lich. Though personally, not on Akali, as I generally will go straight to Rylai's without a detour to Sheen in the first place, which negates the entire theory of a rushed Lich!

This is all so brilliant, I want my runes now! I'm just struggling with it, since Riot has cost me innumerable IP in runes that I no longer see as competitive (ie- Clarity runes), and I don't want to buy a bunch more for a single champ, only to have them rendered useless sooner or later. 8(

Eledhan

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
You are a true man amongst peasants, good sir. :P

I just like to argue that point a lot, as many people even state Lichbane as doing LESS damage than Sheen, if you buy it too early, which is functionally impossible if you start with 20AP in runes.

I still think that in some circumstances, it makes sense to rush straight to Lich. Though personally, not on Akali, as I generally will go straight to Rylai's without a detour to Sheen in the first place, which negates the entire theory of a rushed Lich!

This is all so brilliant, I want my runes now! I'm just struggling with it, since Riot has cost me innumerable IP in runes that I no longer see as competitive (ie- Clarity runes), and I don't want to buy a bunch more for a single champ, only to have them rendered useless sooner or later. 8(
I finally finished my rune page to follow this guide yesterday or the day before. I can't wait to try it out!

On a side note...

Your clarity runes should still work just fine...you'll have more total regen than you did before the patch for all levels unless you used Seals and Glyphs, or if you used the Mp5 mastery.

Ebonclaw

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
I finally finished my rune page to follow this guide yesterday or the day before. I can't wait to try it out!

On a side note...

Your clarity runes should still work just fine...you'll have more total regen than you did before the patch for all levels unless you used Seals and Glyphs, or if you used the Mp5 mastery.
I'm not looking for a total amount of regen though, you've been duped.

You can now swap out those nerfed runes, for other, more valuable runes, because your -base regen- was increased, alongside the nerf in the runes. So for almost all champs, it's 100% clearly superior to swap them out now, which renders the runes obsolete.

Don't get lured into looking at what you get if you take them, that's just the Riot propaganda line to make you comfortable with the big fat nerf we were handed. Look at what you gain if you trade them out. It's simply impossible now, to get a meaningful amount of regen -from the runes themselves- at the early levels where they make the most impact on the game.

You get rewarded with IP for playing the game, then you get punished with nerfs if you spend that IP wisely.