Karma Think-Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

02-01-2011

well if your going to be using that passive of hers, its important to get 1 hp item, a bunch of mr/armor items, and maybe some ap

im thinking building her a lot like tank swain would be built

9/0/21 flash/ghost

dorans ring
glacial shroud
boots
blasting wand or giant belt depending on how ur doing
spirit visage
rylai's
frozen heart
will of the ancients
hourglass/abyssal/void staff

the concept is fairly simple. since u'll be up close and personal, u need survivability, then u need some ap for ur shield/dmg. then u need the heals to stay alive. add in void staff/abyssal as necessary against MR stacking teams.

Keendo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2011

I just played a good bit with her. I know she can be built as a burst AP caster but I like to play her as support.

For summoner spells I usually take Fortify and Teleport. Teleport for obvious reasons. Having a support capable of jumping from place to place is great, I only take Fortify because usually no one else is willing to grab it and combo that with a slow beam and you can use the tower to kill an overzelaous opponent. Other nice options are Clarity (she is VERY mana hungry early game) or any of the usual defensives (ghost, flash).

I do Meki's and 2 pots to start. Turn that into a Tear and grab Boots of Lucidity. I grab Glacial Shroud after that. I found that she can go through mana very quickly so I grab those first. Then I work into Spirit Visage and upgrade Tear into Archangel's. Beyond that I leave it for situationals, Banshee's most of the time, and another depending on the game. Either more defensive items or a Deathcap for some added AP.

Meki's> Tear> Boots of Speed> Boots of Lucidity> Glacial Shroud> Spirit Visage> Situationals

I myself have found great success with this. Let me know if anything works better for you all.

Wonton55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2011

Anyone figured out her ratios yet? I heard 0.6, 0.7, 0.9 as ballpark values, and that sounds about right. That shield is really really powerful, I love it. W doesn't seem to have that much effect in fights unless you Mantra it, and that's taking away from the E and Q you really should use Mantra on.

Rushing Rabadon's like Phreak said kinda screwed me over, cause I'm bad at farming and got it kinda late.

She has huge mana problems if you get CDR (unsurprisingly), so AA staff or constant blue buff is necessary IMO. Without it I would literally go from full to empty in the course of a short fight.

Survivability helps a lot. I might try going for a more standard build involving RoA, because that'll still give her impressive burst while giving her plenty of mana for fights and enough health to actually stay alive for a bit.

I'll play more tomorrow...

Adaelphon Delat

Recruiter

02-01-2011

I have played one game with her. And my impression is that she has to be very willing to adapt. The enemy team comp and her team comp will determine who and when to w, and use her other abilities, and what to mantra.

Anyway, i went 5/5/16 with a tear, ionian boots, rabbadons, and the components of abyssal scepter at the end. Overall, shes a lot of fun to play. The mantra is awesome managing, as is her leash. Leasing a mundo, ghosting, then the two of you runnning at the enemy just gives this awesome feeling of pwnage.

Cenerae

02-02-2011

I've played a few games with Karma and came to the following conclusions:

- She needs CDR, in order to refill her mantra stacks quickly as well as make all her spells cool down quite fast (Q drops under 4 seconds once it is maxed).

- She needs survivability. Her spells are pretty short ranged, so if you want to get in there to do your job you're going to need to be somewhat tanky.

- She doesn't need a lot of mana regen items. I found that I had no trouble handling her mana with any build I tried, except in the very early game if I tried to spam too much.

- She needs AP to keep her abilities relevant. Less important but still necessary, since her shield scales pretty nice with AP, along with the associated nuke. The damage on her Q will rapidly add up with a bit of AP behind it, since it has a stupidly low cooldown and is a full aoe unlike Sona's Q.

- The Mantra heal on Q pretty much sucks unless you're using it to heal your whole team with a spare mantra charge before you anticipate fighting anything. Even with some AP behind it, it doesn't heal for much. Nevertheless, you'll still be using it in teamfights since a heal is a heal and you probably have your shield on cooldown when you'd need to react in this way anyway.

- W is a 1 point wonder. The % doesn't scale very well, the only good part about levelling it is the cooldown. 1 point is enough to make a big difference, especially if you Mantra it (20% boost/snare). Unwieldly to use for damage, but it's good to throw on your tank as they go in to initiate. He's bound to make it damage at least 1 target. Useful to throw on pretty much anything - jungle creep, ally/enemy minion, another player, when you want to get around the map quicker. Leash range is a lot higher than the cast range, but it will snap if you go too far away. I think the snap range is about the same as Leblanc's E.

- E can be cast on minions. This means you can actually use Mantra'd E to harrass with in the laning phase. The aoe is bigger than you'd expect.

- Mantra'd E + a normal Q makes for pretty efficient farming once you have a few ranks dropped into both.

So far I've yet to settle on an item build. I'm liking a sapphire crystal + 2 pots start, rushing Catalyst then getting CDR boots and Rod of Ages. After that, I'm undecided between Shurelya's and Soul Shroud. I guess it would depend on how important the extra mobility would be for the game. Then Deathcap after that. Could probably mix a Mejai in there somewhere, but I think it's a bit risky given her short range. Might need to look into a slightly tankier build, since even with the 3k or so hp at lvl 18, she's kinda squishy like that when attacked.

HanzGruber

02-02-2011

Lichbane looks like it has great synergy with her passive. Mantra procs it, and Q has a relatively short CD for it. You can rush it right after RoA if you're shooting for an AP build.

Cenerae

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzGruber View Post
Lichbane looks like it has great synergy with her passive. Mantra procs it, and Q has a relatively short CD for it. You can rush it right after RoA if you're shooting for an AP build.
Lichbane could indeed be a good choice - she can proc it pretty much on command assumming she has capped CDR.

I would put it as a late game luxury item rather than core, though. I don't think she has the makings of a fantastic AP carry (though I could be wrong, she's only been out for a day after all)

BadgerDrool

02-02-2011

Blindly reposting from a thread in the general forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDrool View Post
Karma is very skill order dependant.

Phreak's spotlight video seems very accurate for skill orders. Here's how it boils down.
-Always get 1 rank in everything by level 3 for every Karma build
-Always know when to mantra appropriately. There will be leanings depending on playstyle but all 3 have their uses.
-CDR is a very important stat for every Karma build.
-Level Spirit Bond first if you want to support. Then Shield. You will have Spirit Bond at a 6 second cooldown with 40% CDR and a 5 sec duration at rank 6. You should be able to slow/dealdamage/speed boost entire team fights with good placement.
-If you support karma your likely to use mantra on Heavenly Wave and Spirit Bond primarily. Often mantra heavenly wave out of combat. Using non-mantra shield's as appropriate.
-Damage dealing Karma wants Heavenly wave maxed first. The low cooldown, good mana to damage ratio really works well. In lane you will also harass with it, often mantra'd. The range isn't that much worse then your auto attack, and taking damage on the way in gives you more AP. Mantra'ing it removes some of the harass. You then get shield and leave spirit bond for last.
-When harassing in lane expect your HP to hover around 50-75%. It's very hard to top people off as Karma but easy to keep them at middling health with Mantra Heavenly Wave.
-Damage Karma will likely heavenly wave Shield and Heavenly wave the most.

Other assorted tips
-The target you anchor takes no damage. Anchoring an enemy champion directly may be the best idea especially when you just want to snare them. However, it's always preferable to make them cross the line somehow. Thus melee Allys (with short range CC) are often the best targets.
-Anchoring a dangerous melee enemy like Tryndamere with a Mantra Spirit Bond is a great way to keep him from killing anyone. Just hope you allies know to kite and try to hit them with the tether.
-TELL YOUR ALLIES WHAT THE TETHER DOES. Karma is new hopefully a quick overview helps them utilize it effectively. (Karma is reliant on allies that can to get the best effect)
-Damage dealing Karma does all her damage AoE. Her single target burst is weaker then say Annie or Ryze, but you can do it to multiple targets.
-Karma's in general all do AoE in some form or another. The more of the targets in a clump you can hit the better.
-Positioning is tricky on Karma. Many of her abilities are short range and it's often tempting to walk past enemies to hit them with spirit bond. Be careful not to put yourself in a bad position.
-Karma is weak at escaping alone and strong at escaping with an ally due to spirit bond needing a target.
-YOU CAN SHIELD MINIONS! You should IMMEDIATELY know why I am saying this if you have played her at all. Pretend your a Zilean that also stops last hits....
-Try to predict how you'll need mantra. Keeping 1 on cooldown can be a good idea, but then having 2 to spam in a fight is great too.

Overall Karma is tricky to use and get used to. Just practice with her.

Further AP and Support karma primarily diverge in item and skill order. You can start Doran's ring with both and then boots 1 + pots + ward with both. As you should also get 1 rank in everything by 3 it becomes very easy to switch plans on the fly. Knowing how to play both and going for what is appropriate in your game is a great plan.

Oh and
ALL KARMA BUILDS BOTH DEAL DAMAGE AND SUPPORT. IF YOU ARE NOT DOING BOTH AT THE SAME TIME YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

your mileage may vary.

Shiroikiri

02-02-2011

Can anyone post her current abilities stats & scaling?

Nightdancer ND

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroikiri View Post
Can anyone post her current abilities stats & scaling?
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...nlightened_One