DPS Janna: Screw Tornados, I Can Crit

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by looney View Post
just imagine Janna with 4 seconds casting ultimate and ap ratio of 0.35,
now imagine Janna with an ultimate casted for the whole duration bam that is ap ratio of 1.4 ... TOO IMBA IMO.

Also dps janna = fail
Crowstorm does damage which one would imagine has a less friendly AP ratio than a heal . . .in fact, over the full duration it has a 2.0 ratio.

No matter how you slice it the AP ratios on Janna are garbage. BTW, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not so I just responded as if you were serious.

DPS janna is not = fail. There's no difference between a DPS janna and a Mana/AP Janna except what she gets to do between tornado and zephyr casts (AKA whether or not she's useless during that time period).

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juubjuub View Post
Really fun; incredibly situational.
It's not that situational. . .You either play her right and have a team that can take advantage of your supporting spells, or you don't. I don't see people calling Ashe situational, and lets draw some quick comparisons:

Both can keep their target in range indefinitely, via slows (and in Janna's case, extreme speed). . .Both auto attack, with a significant range.

Ashe has a powerful, semi-long cooldown stun with a nice damage component.

Janna has a line-based knockup and a targeted damage + slow on a short cooldown, an aoe knock back + heal, and a shield.

How is that MORE situational than Ashe? Just because the point of comparison (ashe) has less going on as far as capabilities doesn't mean she's less situational. Less versatile, perhaps. . .

EDIT: although I can't argue with really fun

Morzas

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymtgplayer View Post
Incredibly useless against a high-ish elo bracket. You end up failing to do anything useful at all points of the game.

No ap means no dmg on nukes, no health on shield, and uselessness of spells all around.

Early game...and dps character just messes you up.

Please do not use this strategy :|
Tell that to agip33.

Ceasegen

01-24-2010

Thanks for this. I've been doing really well with DPS Janna this will give me some new ideas to play with.

Chai

01-25-2010

For those that think DPS Janna is garbage in higher tier games, care to face me or agip33?

x OZ x

01-25-2010

DPS Janna works but I rather play AP

drunkie

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by reziel View Post
The primary thing to understand is that Janna's spells do not scale in damage. Their AP ratios are so ****tastic that you are better off ignoring AP entirely. Someone at riot decided that a 4-second channeled healing spell (her ult) should have an AP ratio somewhere in the neighborhood of .35 to 1, and well, who am I to judge?
Howling Gale 0.75
Zephyr 0.8
Eye of the Storm 0.8
Monsoon 0.35 (each second, 1.4 over 4 seconds)

Those are bad ap ratios? rofl

Chai

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkie View Post
Howling Gale 0.75
Zephyr 0.8
Eye of the Storm 0.8
Monsoon 0.35 (each second, 1.4 over 4 seconds)

Those are bad ap ratios? rofl
When you consider how **** the base damage on Howling Gale and Zephyr is, that's a different story.

Razerwind

01-25-2010

Why no lifesteal? I'd get a Vampiric Scepter in there at the very least.

I've never even spawned as Janna after 250 games played. I think I'll try this in a bot match tonight. Thanks

Ligr

01-25-2010

This sounds so f(cked up that it might actually work. Will test it out for the lulz.

123456 ... 9