(Guide) An intricate guide to going mid as Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pgaru

01-24-2011

It was an interesting take on ww that I've seen before. About the argument that someone owns with it though shouldn't be reason that it is good. If you see grasshyren vids, you see sometimes him owning with an as/ad annie XD. Magewick solo imo is a fun build but will have trouble in a more competitive match. A good player can easily harass ww and keep out of his q range(it is bigger than most think, but it's still pretty small).

I definitely like how you stress on last hits. You would think by the time people get to lvl 30 they would know to last hit o.O, but so many people still auto attack.

Malady at first seems like a good item for ult and q, but if you recall in games, most of the time when you ult as ww, it usually is the first move you do, meaning malady isn't as effective. Yes, there will be times that you can attack the target first, reducing the mr before you ult, but it won't happen as often as needing to ult quickly in first.

The reason why bloodrazor is so good on ww is cause every hit of the ult procs, meaning that is a lot of dmg in just one ult. It also greatly increases dmg for ww starting at lvl 6(which for sure you will be higher by the time you get one though), which means getting bloodrazor is a viable item pre-mid-late game. I'm sure you know this but in the guide, you did not really say why malady was better, just what malady does. But I realize that since it is a magewick build, (which I hope you specified it more in the guide =/)bloodrazor is a low priority item.

Your strategy I think for magewick is spot on, in that you balance aggressiveness with cautiousness, something that is easily overstepped in boundaries. Also the tip on high hp non mr tanks using your q is great haha. I remember before playing ww, there was a mundo just stacking hp; i wasn't building ap but I still healed a chunk of dmg.

You are right about ww not being as good a ganker pre lvl 6 compared to a lot of other junglers but that means magewick solo lane should only be done when for sure your team DOES have a jungler. But I still think another champ who really needs to farm like ashe, trist etc should get solo lane, instead of competing last hits with a lane partner.

But this is only if you are really wanting to win and want to get all advantages possible. All in all this guide is fun and I am gonna try it out, but I think it is more of a fun alternative build in a fun game, then in a ranked match or a serious game where you really want to win. Just giving my 2 cents and thoughts on your guide.

Alyzar

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgaru View Post
It was an interesting take on ww that I've seen before. About the argument that someone owns with it though shouldn't be reason that it is good. If you see grasshyren vids, you see sometimes him owning with an as/ad annie XD. Magewick solo imo is a fun build but will have trouble in a more competitive match. A good player can easily harass ww and keep out of his q range(it is bigger than most think, but it's still pretty small).
They can spend all the time they want harassing me me. I could really care less.

Quote:
Malady at first seems like a good item for ult and q, but if you recall in games, most of the time when you ult as ww, it usually is the first move you do, meaning malady isn't as effective. Yes, there will be times that you can attack the target first, reducing the mr before you ult, but it won't happen as often as needing to ult quickly in first.
I almost never initiate with his q. I save it for when I need it to stop a fleeing target, to keep a problem character held down, or to stop myself from dying. I use it more like the way Sona would use hers rather then as a form of initiation.

Quote:
The reason why bloodrazor is so good on ww is cause every hit of the ult procs, meaning that is a lot of dmg in just one ult. It also greatly increases dmg for ww starting at lvl 6(which for sure you will be higher by the time you get one though), which means getting bloodrazor is a viable item pre-mid-late game. I'm sure you know this but in the guide, you did not really say why malady was better, just what malady does. But I realize that since it is a magewick build, (which I hope you specified it more in the guide =/)bloodrazor is a low priority item.
You can't really compare a 4k item to a 1.8k item

Quote:
You are right about ww not being as good a ganker pre lvl 6 compared to a lot of other junglers but that means magewick solo lane should only be done when for sure your team DOES have a jungler. But I still think another champ who really needs to farm like ashe, trist etc should get solo lane, instead of competing last hits with a lane partner.
Okay. You assume that there is ALWAYS going to be a competent ashe on my team.

Quote:
But this is only if you are really wanting to win and want to get all advantages possible. All in all this guide is fun and I am gonna try it out, but I think it is more of a fun alternative build in a fun game, then in a ranked match or a serious game where you really want to win. Just giving my 2 cents and thoughts on your guide.
Your two cents on a build you've never played. No offense meant.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Any way you could record some game segments? It would be really neat to actually see it in practice. Youve pulled it off a lot moreso than any of us, so I wanna see it work against a variety of opponents mid.

Alyzar

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Any way you could record some game segments? It would be really neat to actually see it in practice. Youve pulled it off a lot moreso than any of us, so I wanna see it work against a variety of opponents mid.
I could get a livestream up.

Pgaru

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzar View Post
They can spend all the time they want harassing me me. I could really care less.
I mean outharassing, as in you cannot go really get cs cause the dmg is more than the heals. You may say that doesn't happen but many times some champs, ie chogath, think they can just outheal with vorpal, etc, but many times it is easy to harass cho so much that he cannot just vorpal spikes the minions.

Quote:
I almost never initiate with his q. I save it for when I need it to stop a fleeing target, to keep a problem character held down, or to stop myself from dying. I use it more like the way Sona would use hers rather then as a form of initiation.
I meant initiate with ur ult. I.e. ganking. When you go in and gank, it is hard to go up build the malady stacks, then ult. Usually you might have time to do 1 atk, but many times you have to ult outright, meaning the malady stacks that do occur will benefit mainly from the q.

Quote:
You can't really compare a 4k item to a 1.8k item
But that is what you were doing in the guide....

Quote:
Okay. You assume that there is ALWAYS going to be a competent ashe on my team.
I am not assuming there will always be a competent ashe on the team. I never said goin solo as magewick is NEVER viable. Please, I was just giving some input, but I feel like all you are doing is taking offense and just trying to negate what I say with quick, nonconstructive remarks. But if say, there as an ashe/malz/mf/vlad/ etc etc is on your team and you do not know if they are competent, would you really still demand for mid?

Quote:
Your two cents on a build you've never played. No offense meant.
Anyways, like I said, I am going to try your build out (although I did do magewick before, not with malady)and all I was doing was giving some input. One beauty of the internet when you DO post something, is getting lots of feedback to either improve upon it, or to re-establish its merit.

Anyways I would appreciate if you do give a more detailed response though instead of what you have here so far, cause it doesn't really help me see how you are seeing with the response you gave.

Alex Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

What the hell is a "bread and butter" reason?

USS BUTTPEE

01-24-2011

Quote:

I mean outharassing, as in you cannot go really get cs cause the dmg is more than the heals. You may say that doesn't happen but many times some champs, ie chogath, think they can just outheal with vorpal, etc, but many times it is easy to harass cho so much that he cannot just vorpal spikes the minions.
What on earth? Who are these terrible Cho'Gaths?

Alyzar

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgaru View Post
I'm pretty sure I can outheal an ashe's harrass with my Q + Passive.

Quote:
I meant initiate with ur ult. I.e. ganking. When you go in and gank, it is hard to go up build the malady stacks, then ult. Usually you might have time to do 1 atk, but many times you have to ult outright, meaning the malady stacks that do occur will benefit mainly from the q.
Okay.

Quote:
But that is what you were doing in the guide....
Please quote where I directly compare malady to Bloodrazor so I can fix it, then.

Quote:
I am not assuming there will always be a competent ashe on the team. I never said goin solo as magewick is NEVER viable. Please, I was just giving some input,
Actually, you implied that he ISN'T viable because characters like Ashe and MF need it.

Quote:
but I feel like all you are doing is taking offense and just trying to negate what I say with quick, nonconstructive remarks.
It's not that I'm taking offense to it, it's simply that I'm not going to take the comments of someone who hasn't even played it seriously. You're more or less doing the same thing as the people who point at a character who hasn't even came out yet and say "This character sucks because of xyz."

Quote:
But if say, there as an ashe/malz/mf/vlad/ etc etc is on your team and you do not know if they are competent, would you really still demand for mid?
Yes, because the only time that happens to me is when I only have 4 people to premade with, and I'm not fond of changing who I'm going to play, based on one randomer who is, based on personal experience, probably going to be awful.

Quote:
Anyways, like I said, I am going to try your build out (although I did do magewick before, not with malady)and all I was doing was giving some input. One beauty of the internet when you DO post something, is getting lots of feedback to either improve upon it, or to re-establish its merit.
That's good.

Quote:
Anyways I would appreciate if you do give a more detailed response though instead of what you have here so far, cause it doesn't really help me see how you are seeing with the response you gave.
Anyways, I would appreciate if you tried the build out before giving feedback, as stated in the OP. I'm not going to respond to your arguments because I haven't actually put them into practice yet. Unlike you, I don't base everything on theory crafting and hypothetical situations.

Quote:
What the hell is a "bread and butter" reason?
FUUUUUUUUUUU

Alyzar

01-26-2011

Bump for updates.

Fiendolo

01-26-2011

props for the concept, but WWs late-game viability even with mid advantage is almost exclusively as an anti-carry - which IMO is not the best use of mid