How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Christabelle

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graedow View Post
Is it possible to create a simple programm or something that chooses the champions random?

If every week the setup would be like this (or something like this):
Mage: 2
Tank: 2
Melee dps: 3
Support: 1
Ranged dps: 2

It could check for new champions first, which will be free that week and choose random from all the champions that are left.

Because I don't think it will be nice to have a pattern in which champions that will be available that week, I think that gets boring, and this way you'll have a balanced line-up every week without getting boring.

Just a thought..

-Graedow
only one problem,RNG doesn't always work...like in WoW that's how heroic dailies were - random...until "random" meant you got the same instance 3 days in a row :/
its a great idea,you would just have to have a human look it over to make sure you don't get the same champs 2 or more weeks in a row

Phaackt

01-22-2010

Twitch should never be on the free list again. infact, twitch should not even be in the LoL store, twitch's power makes all LoL games completely F@@@ing LOL.
every game, nomatter how experienced the twitch player is, if 1 side has twitch and other doesnt, the game is over, if twitch is on both sides, flip a coin... i played with twitch, just once, to see if it was as easy as he seamed, without reading any guides or even planning what id buy/play like, i won that game 4v5 with 23/4/1

Nanners

01-22-2010

I think there should definitly be some champions that should be considered "rare" on the weekly rotation.

Including:
Karthus
Kassadin
Anivia
Shaco
Twitch
Alistar
Jax

Purely because its so annoying to see baddies play these champions, as they **** up with them so badly. (being baddies and all) They also think these champions are JUST THE COOLEST AND MOST FUN TO PLAY!!!!!! Honestly they usually end up feeding or doing something ******ed (headbutt enemies away during a gank w/ alistar)

Most bads just end up feeding with these champs

Arlando

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graedow View Post
Is it possible to create a simple programm or something that chooses the champions random?
-Graedow
are you serious? youre asking people who wrote a game that has a "random" in the champion select if they can write a program to randomly select champions each week?

why is handpicking a problem to so many people? i think its the only way to go. if every game you play has a twitch in it, then why have him available in a free week? these are the types of things a random selection cant account for. player feedback on which champions theyd like to try is the only way to go.

keep in mind, theres 10 champs each week. theres a little over 50 champs. so it takes a little over a month to see them all. if you bought the game, even less than that. or you could just drop 35 bucks and get them all but 3 and not worry about which ones are free each week.

i wish we could see the stats of people who say the weekly selection method sucks. i bet >90% of their games are with one champ. its also annoying to hear people talk about losing pugs with people who suck trying out new characters when the most likely reason they lost is because they suck with their "main". get over yourselves, youre going to lose some games.

riot, keep hand picking the weekly champs based on community feedback. its the only way to go. why does my opinion matter? because the weekly free champion list doesnt apply to me.

Ceurin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2010

so when you said something about champions may not be free forever does that mean that eventually you will have to use Riot points to unlock or would you still be able to use Influence Points?

Fortisimo

01-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyBoi View Post
i don't want to be a ***** or anything but lol would be cool if we can just choose 3 champs to keep forever and work our way up and there wouldn't have to be work into the champ switching each week.
Yeah you should at least give 3 free champions or at least 2...
and we'll play them at least until we can buy other champions.......

Lazdaa

01-24-2010

i think that to many of the same champs is rotated some champs has been rotated a few times and some have not even been free to play..

Azelf

01-24-2010

Give nasus sometime, will you? I'm looking to buy him...

Graedow

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graedow

If every week the setup would be like this (or something like this):
Mage: 2
Tank: 2
Melee dps: 3
Support: 1
Ranged dps: 2

It could check for new champions first, which will be free that week and choose random from all the champions that are left.

Because I don't think it will be nice to have a pattern in which champions that will be available that week, I think that gets boring, and this way you'll have a balanced line-up every week without getting boring.

Just a thought..

-Graedow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christabelle View Post
only one problem,RNG doesn't always work...like in WoW that's how heroic dailies were - random...until "random" meant you got the same instance 3 days in a row :/
its a great idea,you would just have to have a human look it over to make sure you don't get the same champs 2 or more weeks in a row
You could then when it's going to pick a random for each type of champion that isn't hasn't been used for like 2-3 weeks minimum and otherwise skip it. (Depends on how many champions there are.)

-Graedow

sephofdeath

01-25-2010

im wondering if you guys would have nidalee back on rotation sometime soon because i did not have a chance to try her out then one week she was released. since she is 3150 ip, i dont want to buy her then find out that i dont like her playing style... although she seems very intriguing.

i also bought twitch (6.3k ip omg) a couple weeks ago and am appalled at the number of bad twitches out there haha (along with blitz which i bought too with ip)