@Riot - Is the "World of starcraft" thing true ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Digleto

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytorn View Post
Withing 36 hours of the story breaking Riot shot the guy an email, not to mention 2 public comments on the story so that everybody knows who's pulling this guy out of the muck. Brilliant PR play Zileas.
Unfortunately I agree with him. Im not saying its bad, its actually a great move for league of legends

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
It's not a PR play. I don't want this on a news article. We like employment discussions to be private. I don't know who Epak is, but it probably would have been better if they had kept that on the down-low.

- Zileas
This answer took me a while to come to

Epak, spell it backwards

Kape, what does that sound like

Cape, why is that significant?

It really is quite simple. Epak is the person who designed the item "Sunfire Cape."

Donyrage

01-19-2011

Quote:
It's not a PR play. I don't want this on a news article. We like employment discussions to be private. I don't know who Epak is, but it probably would have been better if they had kept that on the down-low.

- Zileas
Whatever you say, I'm really proud to be a Riot customer right now, ok?

newdumbo

01-19-2011

very nice

frisch

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXenocide View Post
This answer took me a while to come to

Epak, spell it backwards

Kape, what does that sound like

Cape, why is that significant?

It really is quite simple. Epak is the person who designed the item "Sunfire Cape."
Hm... i thought you just had to swap some characters in random order.

Then you would get "Peak" and since peak is a location, we could also take Rift. And theres a map called summoners rift and it surely has an author so in conclusion Epak must be the creator of the Sunfire Cape!!!

Kadzin

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlz View Post
PsynoicHero's replacement
Let's hope for no more "U're still banned kid."

SquirreI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
When I see a modder with a lot of drive that has done something cool, I tend to contact them. I shot him an email recently asking if he was interested in exploring an opportunity here. As to what comes of that, who knows -- that depends on the mutual fit and his own goals.

Regarding this trademark/copyright business, I don't know because I'm not a Blizzard employee, but I seriously doubt this is anything other than the fact he named the mod World of Starcraft, which has an air of legitimacy that borderline infringes on Blizzard. Blizzard is very supportive of their modders, but also vigorously depends certain aspects of their IP (as they should and must).
mad respect for ya bro

Letkhar

01-20-2011

God, I hate Activision...

renticletape

01-20-2011

Quote:
When I see a modder with a lot of drive that has done something cool, I tend to contact them.
Hey Zileas, have you seen this? Or what about this?
*hint* *hint*

Katana

Master Recruiter

01-20-2011

He should call it Globe of Ball of Gas Craft