@Riot - Is the "World of starcraft" thing true ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lone Gunman

01-19-2011

so you need him to develop that new unexpected new breakthrough game you are working on the side?

Phatshady912

01-19-2011

inb4 he Valoran MMO

R66Y

01-19-2011

Well, knowing you guys are always on the lookout for talent, here's hoping you've found a gem in the rough.

dogbiter

01-19-2011

is he a new rioter then???

Jacobs Mom

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytorn View Post
Withing 36 hours of the story breaking Riot shot the guy an email, not to mention 2 public comments on the story so that everybody knows who's pulling this guy out of the muck. Brilliant PR play Zileas.
What sort of PR means do you think Riot is approaching?

This wasn't a ploy -- It was a move to get a hard working, self-driven and, most importantly, passionate person potentially on their crew. You can't see the positive, but you're only seeing the negative.

I think it's a great job by Riot -- passionate employees are the best employees. Keep on, keepin on.

Dragonglove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

I'm just curious...

After being shot down for both a Technical Designer and Software Engineer position at Riot, I've been planning on working on an independent game. If it's awesome will you reconsider? I keep wondering if I really didn't have all the skills you required or if I just didn't represent myself well enough.

VALOUR THE HERO

01-19-2011

Who is Epak? If Zileas doesn't know this Epak...

Hotarukin

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonglove View Post
I'm just curious...

After being shot down for both a Technical Designer and Software Engineer position at Riot, I've been planning on working on an independent game. If it's awesome will you reconsider? I keep wondering if I really didn't have all the skills you required or if I just didn't represent myself well enough.
A different riot employee, I'm not sure which, said that having a successful Indie game is much better than -not- having one. That being said, nothing will -guarantee- that you get a job anywhere.

DaGhost

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
When I see a modder with a lot of drive that has done something cool, I tend to contact them. I shot him an email recently asking if he was interested in exploring an opportunity here. As to what comes of that, who knows -- that depends on the mutual fit and his own goals.

Regarding this trademark/copyright business, I don't know because I'm not a Blizzard employee, but I seriously doubt this is anything other than the fact he named the mod World of Starcraft, which has an air of legitimacy that borderline infringes on Blizzard. Blizzard is very supportive of their modders, but also vigorously depends certain aspects of their IP (as they should and must).
Most of us thought you sat at your desk trolling us on the forums and not telling us things about the game

Glad to see you do have presence behind the scenes

(riotragebait)

tKIyTdVq32Bwegfc

01-19-2011

PsynoicHero's replacement