Renekton Guide - Tank Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

01-19-2011

Two huge, glaring issues I have right off the bat:

Quote:
Instead of mana or energy, he has a fury bar (World of Warcraft anyone?).
No. I was tempted to stop reading here... but I wanted to read the rest of what you had to say. Fury, is actually quite different from Rage.
1) Rage is required to use many abilities. Fury is not.
2) Rage was generated when the warrior was hit. Fury is not.
I appreciate Blizzard's efforts in making the most ubiquitous MMO of all time, but they are not the end-all, be-all of innovation.

Moving on...

Starting with Regrowth pendant is generally a bad idea, on any champion. It leaves you squishy and easily burst, predicated on competent enemies. The regen is, decent... but you'll be easily zoned away from your minions by ranged harassment.

That said, you obviously put a lot of effort in to making this guide, however as said above, no guide should be made without a few weeks of play time on the champion. Otherwise, it's just a build recommendation, not a guide.

Fredgerd

01-19-2011

Thanks for the Guide. While I'm sure it will be obsolete after a couple weeks unless it is edited, its really nice to have some guidence for playing him.

omega369

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Two huge, glaring issues I have right off the bat:

No. I was tempted to stop reading here... but I wanted to read the rest of what you had to say. Fury, is actually quite different from Rage.
1) Rage is required to use many abilities. Fury is not.
2) Rage was generated when the warrior was hit. Fury is not.
I appreciate Blizzard's efforts in making the most ubiquitous MMO of all time, but they are not the end-all, be-all of innovation.

Moving on...

Starting with Regrowth pendant is generally a bad idea, on any champion. It leaves you squishy and easily burst, predicated on competent enemies. The regen is, decent... but you'll be easily zoned away from your minions by ranged harassment.

That said, you obviously put a lot of effort in to making this guide, however as said above, no guide should be made without a few weeks of play time on the champion. Otherwise, it's just a build recommendation, not a guide.

First off, I never said Renekton was a warrior from World of Warcraft. His fury bar just reminded me of that.

Second, Regrowth Pendant is a viable option if you are against a single champ. Most champs lack the required damage output early game to out harass your Q + regen. There are a few exceptions. Kennon, for example is someone Renekton would have a large amount of difficulty with. Also, no items are set in stone. These are my personal opinions.

Third, a guide is meant to help people, whether its released 1 day or 3 weeks after a champions release. So hopefully my guide helps.

Cheers

omega369

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsanchez View Post
I dont mean to take away from the guilde but after looking at your match history it looks like you havent played anything but custom games with Renekton?
You can't play custom games against high level opponents and friends to thoroughly test a champs abilities and roles?

omega369

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debraunn View Post
What about atma impaler in this build? He has a lot of bonus health (and alot of healt) and this will result in high AD plus crit plus armor. All for cheap 2.4k g.

I was thinking to take it as a fourth item, after frozen mallet. What do you think?
The only time it would be safe to do this is if you are against a heavy physical dps team and even then a sunfire or randuin's would be more useful. Against a magic heavy team, this item is a bad idea. Also the crit chance is not a useful stat imo. Hence, why I have this item listed 7th.

beYAWNce Stoles

01-19-2011

i'm finding an 11/11/8 setup gives him all the surv he needs early on....late game, you're a YI basically so it isn't ur job to be 'tanky'...unless that is the setup you are going for with your team. Also, his Q heal is terrible and the dmg is bad as well. I'm maxing E first for the CD reduction on it + it helps with escape/chase.

Items, i'm going just like any other AD carry tbh...starting with a d.shield rather than a blade for the extra armor. W/o going in order, i get Cd boots, BT, starks, y.ghost, frozen, madred's/any other situational item vs the opp team. This gives me all the LS i need, AS + AD as well, and the CDR + Hp. Madred's is a good item to rock just b/c W procs it each swing during the stun + it just wrecks tanks...again, situational. A BC could work just as well against non tanky teams since you just destroyed their armor that much more along with the use of the E during fury.

Either way, I'm building him as a broken Yi/Tryn....works, but Rene runs into the exact same issues as they do...trained and sat on, so it's either you build him as a tank and do squat for dmg with no control or an AD semi-carry with lil surv but rockin LS to stay in the fight.

Redenbacher

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega369 View Post
First off, I never said Renekton was a warrior from World of Warcraft. His fury bar just reminded me of that.

Second, Regrowth Pendant is a viable option if you are against a single champ. Most champs lack the required damage output early game to out harass your Q + regen. There are a few exceptions. Kennon, for example is someone Renekton would have a large amount of difficulty with. Also, no items are set in stone. These are my personal opinions.

Third, a guide is meant to help people, whether its released 1 day or 3 weeks after a champions release. So hopefully my guide helps.

Cheers
Nope, you didn't say he was a warrior, but you inferred that rage = fury, or that the idea was stolen. Perhaps that wasn't your intention, but that's how I interpreted it...

Regrowth Pendant may be viable against a single champ, but I'd rather have Doran's Shield, or even a bead + 6 pots, which will build in to Warden's Mail, and subsequently Randuin's Omen, which I would rather have over FoN or Warmog's Armor.

Side note, you mentioned Warmog's takes a huge CS to feed - yet it feeds off of assists/kills now, and takes far less to do so - I wouldn't advise Warmog's either way, but that was a small oversight in the guide's information.

I didn't intend to come off as trolling the guide, but if the guide's intent is to help people, it should do so with a healthy background of experience in playing the champ in most possible situations. Anyone can look at skills and suggest items, much fewer can explain how those suggestions play out in a live game. That said, I'm sure you'll update the guide accordingly as you get more time in with him and test new strategies/builds. The layout and language in the guide is well written, and I don't mean to undermine the amount of effort that obviously went in to making it

Sykomyke

01-19-2011

Quote:
I didn't intend to come off as trolling the guide, but if the guide's intent is to help people, it should do so with a healthy background of experience in playing the champ in most possible situations. Anyone can look at skills and suggest items, much fewer can explain how those suggestions play out in a live game. That said, I'm sure you'll update the guide accordingly as you get more time in with him and test new strategies/builds. The layout and language in the guide is well written, and I don't mean to undermine the amount of effort that obviously went in to making it
Bolded for truth.

omega369

01-19-2011

Quote:

Its been tested and will continue to be tested and updated accordingly. It is impossible to make a perfect guide 1 day after the champion's release. This guide is intended to be used as a reference for new players who might need help with this hero.

That being said, thanks for the constructive feedback.

Sykomyke

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega369 View Post
Its been tested and will continue to be tested and updated accordingly. It is impossible to make a perfect guide 1 day after the champion's release. This guide is intended to be used as a reference for new players who might need help with this hero.

That being said, thanks for the constructive feedback.
But you yourself are a new player, there's no way you have enough information after ONE day to write any guide.

Ever hear of the saying "Abiding in the midst of ignorance, thinking themselves wise and learned, fools go aimlessly hither and thither, like blind led by the blind." ?