Patch semi-broke Eve?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearlessBunny

01-18-2011

Since I haven't played Eve with the changes I can only speculate based on the numbers we've seen and from my own experience playing Eve.

I've played mostly AD eve and i've both jungeled and been in lane with her, and of course i've tried with AP as well.

Changes are the following:
Evelynn

* Base mana reduced to 180 from 212
* Mana per level increased to 42 from 38
* Base damage reduced to 48 from 53
* Damage per level increased to 3.3 from 2.9
* Base armor reduced to 12.5 from 14.75
* Hate Spike mana cost increased to 12/15/18/21/24 from 8/10/12/14/16
* Shadow Walk duration reduced to 10/20/30/40/50 from 20/30/40/50/60
* Shadow Walk cooldown reduced to 12/11/10/9/8 from 12 at all ranks upon breaking stealth
* Malice and Spite duration reduced to 10 seconds from 15

So looking at this it shouldn't effect her late mid/late game at all, rather make her stronger, but nerf her early game and jungeling. What Riot said before the patch notes was that they wanted to take Eve out of the jungle and force her into the lane so I assume she's unable to jungle now.

The huge problem with his of course that Eve is quite possibly the worst laner in the game, I can't think of anyone that's worse. Her farming is horrible, she's squishy as hell, her only harass is going stealth and stunning and running away before they jump on you which won't work at all if said enemy is someone like Pantheon, Irelia, Xin etc with a blink skill. Her damage early game is also pretty **** laughable and she won't beat anyone in a 1 vs 1 confrontation.

But i've been able to use her in lane eitherway by pretty much ignoring minions and keeping myself in stealth or in a bush so i'm "SS" as much as possible. All lanes either get afraid to push, or someone doesn't care and pushes anyway and if my team's lane has someone that can deal some damage we can get a kill (e.g Xin, Sion, Pantheon, Leblanc etc). So majority of my gold comes from kills and assist and it's enough.

The biggest issue is actually her mana issues, you'll run out of mana fast after any confrontation, using stealth+ravage will drain your mana a lot and follow that up with hate spikes and you have to either wait. for your abysmal mana regen or blue pill

Now this is a non issue later on for AP builds since they generally get mana from their items unlike AD items.

With these changes I predict you really need to either CS a lot which is very risky with eve, and last hitting with her isn't optimal either or you need to succesfully gank someone because otherwise you will have to bluepill and try again wasting a lot of time.

My opinion is this, Eve needed some change, not because the champion itself was overpowered, she isn't/wasn't, but the way you played her made her a pain in the ass and she would feed on any lesser skilled player in the game and carry her team to victory by early game dominance

Removing her from the jungle is one step in the right direction, but since she already is the worst laner in the game, did you really have to nerf her laning even more? A better change would've been keep her basestats and change hate spikes so they do 50% damage to neutrals.

She's out of the jungle and while she'll still suck in any lane she won't be any worse than she is now

Qmusic

01-18-2011

I love the new Eve changes. Her towerdiving ult is so OP and didnt got nerfed. But by nerfing her early game she will be like vladimir. Weak early game, but strong mid and late game. Now it's easier to deny her farm so things will be for the better.

IoFlux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-18-2011

poppy's laning phase i think is worse. same goes for jax as well

lxDarkMagicxl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

rylais=mana?
lol

samsterlicious

01-18-2011

ya this guys dumb. rylais gives u no mana

Eydolon

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoFlux View Post
poppy's laning phase i think is worse. same goes for jax as well

A good jax can stopm you in lane if you do one mistake.

hyliandanny

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessBunny View Post
Removing her from the jungle is one step in the right direction, but since she already is the worst laner in the game, did you really have to nerf her laning even more? A better change would've been keep her basestats and change hate spikes so they do 50% damage to neutrals.
The above summarizes the original poster's sentiment.

-Danny
recalls that Morello, in the patch preview, stated that they were out to keep turret-hugging from happening

xTheMadHatter

01-18-2011

any laning eve is going to be tower hugging unless she has a super range like ashe/cait/cass etc with her, i don't see how this fits morello's ideal. IMO this was a change to silence the QQers not because they wanted to.

Speedysteve

01-18-2011

I posted this earlier, but I think many of my views differ from yours 0.o

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=455500

taiya

01-18-2011

I dont agree with the changes at all. I'm fine with stat changes here and there but both reducing her mana pool and increasing the cost of hate spike while also reducing stealth duration (10 seconds LOL) while not reducing the cost just seems a little backward to me. She already has an astronomical amount of mana problems early game, now it's just going to be worse. I dont know why Riot thinks every single Eve player jungles and plays AD. I've never done either. I play roaming AP and I do perfectly fine. Thanks for nerfing that too Riot. Now I'll have my 10 second stealth and I'll have to bluepill every 2 minutes. Thanks!