[Guide] Sivir the Battle Mistress - A Comprehensive Guide

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepaliguru View Post
My Sivir build is pretty similar to yours (I tend to go PD's for attack speed but I can see where you're coming from... I just don't have attack speed runes yet), and I'm curious about your thoughts on the banshee's veil. Whenever I go against a CC or burst heavy team I see it as essential (or at the very least infuriating to the enemy).

Also, I agree that chalice is better than manamune [Ior[/I] no mana regen item. It allows for much more freedom in your play style at the start at such little cost, and can be sold later on for your late game items when needed.
If you are up against a very CC heavy team you want to look at how good your own team is. If your team is good at keeping the enemies off of you, then at worst you should be getting targeted with 1-2 CCs per fight since the CCs in general will only reach you if you're out of position. In that situation, you'll have greater survivability by going with the Durable DPS build and Spellshielding one of the CCs that actually makes its way to you and tanking the other. In situations where you would have been nailed by 3+ CCs, nothing short of team member intervening is going to save you. Put another way, I find Warmog's Armor offers greater survivability than Banshee's Veil even against CC heavy teams, assuming you have a team that can protect you. Grabbing both items may be tempting, but a DPS champ with 5600 gold sunk in defensive items will not be performing their role nearly as well as one with only one defensive item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
I used to think this was a strategy. I've certainly done it before. However, I've come to realize that this is a tactic, not a strategy.
http://www.alanemrich.com/PGD/PGD_Strategy.htm

Short explanation:
Strategy is an immutable over-arching outlook on a situation.
Tactics are specific tricks and micro-plans used to facilitate strategy.

In your explanation, of how Sivir pull off backdooring, If you are treating it as a strategy, you're doing it wrong. This is a tactic that should only be used when the situation is right. It's certainly one of my favoted tactics

One of the major flaws with this tactic is an issue of map awareness. Most of the time, your opponents will be packing movement and teleport abilities as well and they'll be within a few seconds of coming to hit you at the tower. Only use this tactic against opponents with less mobility than your team. If they have superior mobility, squishy sivir will get chased off very fast.
I completely agree with his assessment.

Limonn

01-16-2011

what do you think on a guinsoo's rageblade on sivir? with fast enough attack speed it stacks pretty quick and rapes with ricochet

kwjnfkjsdg

01-17-2011

guinsoo's stacks up to 48%. with the money you spent on guinsoo's you might as well get 2 recurve bows if AS is what ur looking for..

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limonn View Post
what do you think on a guinsoo's rageblade on sivir? with fast enough attack speed it stacks pretty quick and rapes with ricochet
I suppose it -could- be viable to run it in a different build. But in the build I've suggested, you already reach 1.6 attack speed just from runes and Berserker Greaves, and 2.3 attack speed when On the Hunt is active. That means it benefits relatively little from additional attack speed, compared to additional attack damage.

ironblades

01-17-2011

have you tried going
Armor Pen Marks
Mana Regen Seals
Mana Regen
Health Quints
21/0/9 Avoiding the Crit Damage Mastery
Going E,W,E,Q,E Then R>E>Q>W
i've found this way you can skipp your Mana Regen Item and go to your BT

Xiand Achtai

01-17-2011

Armor Pen Marks
MP5/Lvl Seals
MP5/lvl glyphs
Health Reg Quints
masteries 0 9 21

as item build i go for

dorans blade -> boots -> warmogs -> atmas -> banshees -> BT -> sell db get lw

ur basically an offtank with amazing damage and pushing capeabilities since u most everygame you outfarm everyone else by atleast 100 creeps it should get u the advantage to still carry the game

Subdue

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironblades View Post
have you tried going
Armor Pen Marks
Mana Regen Seals
Mana Regen
Health Quints
21/0/9 Avoiding the Crit Damage Mastery
Going E,W,E,Q,E Then R>E>Q>W
i've found this way you can skipp your Mana Regen Item and go to your BT
Armor Penetration Marks aren't terrible, but attack speed is a better choice because it's more difficult to itemize efficiently than armor pen (Last Whisper alone is plenty of Armor Pen for most situations).

Mana regen Seals and Glyphs are viable, but you are giving up Dodge %, which synergizes well with your passive. Sivir is an amazing farmer. The 900 gold you spend on that early Chalice is pocket change for her in the long run, especially since you can use it to deny your laning opponent a lot of CS and give them a massive pain in the ass.

It's not worth it to level Spellshield over Boomerang Blade. You can't harass with a level 1 Ricochet and Spell Shield nearly as well as you can with a level 3 Boomerang Blade, which is essentially what you are giving up.

And as for the offensive mastery, there's just not much there that's useful for Sivir aside from the cap stone. The defensive tree is far more suited to her needs.

Subdue

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiand Achtai View Post
Armor Pen Marks
MP5/Lvl Seals
MP5/lvl glyphs
Health Reg Quints
masteries 0 9 21

as item build i go for

dorans blade -> boots -> warmogs -> atmas -> banshees -> BT -> sell db get lw

ur basically an offtank with amazing damage and pushing capeabilities since u most everygame you outfarm everyone else by atleast 100 creeps it should get u the advantage to still carry the game
I'm generally not a fan of getting warmogs and banshees on Sivir. She's a DPS champ, and having 5600 gold sunk in defensive items makes her less effective. The utility masteries and mana regen seals may be enough to handle her mana needs in place of Chalice, but that comes at the cost of dodge % and general tankiness early game. For 900 gold (400 since you can sell it back later), Chalice gives you early game magic resist and infinite mana, and allows you to take the defensive tree AND dodge seals. Also, the 4% damage reduction benefits Sivir a lot more than the cool down reductions from the utility tree.

Subdue

01-17-2011

If you try out this build and enjoy great success with it, please support it in the Quality Guides 2.0 thread. Thanks!

Cenerae

01-17-2011

Is the Chalice really needed? I run mana regen blues, yellows and the mastery and never find mana to be an issue outside of the very early levels, where I simply have to moderate my use of boomerang blade. Considering that while yes, Sivir is a pusher champ, trying to push towers at such a low level is often unwise in the first place (especially if there is an enemy jungler), I can't really see a major benefit to getting it.

By the time I'm at the point where I want to start pushing (somewhere around lvl 8 or so unless I dominated my lane), I don't need any more mana support.

I suppose I can see why you might want to get one, if you laned against say, a Kassadin that was kicking your butt in the lane (though how you'd lose to a low level Kass as Sivir is beyond me...), then maybe the early Chalice would be useful for safer farming and the MR for extra protection against harrass. But other than that...

12345612 ... 17