Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cbr1000rider2

01-17-2011

omg psyonichero deactivated his facebook page..

Truth now on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/c...ll_banned_kid/

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
As a result of this unfortunate situation the employee in question is no longer with Riot Games.
In real life, there are real consequences.

I would expect nothing less in any serious line of work. Kudos to Riot for once again showing exemplary professionalism.

TOIIIHOTA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Actually i like that we have a precedent here. All other power abusers will think twice to rageban someone in the future. Also. I'd like to see banned for good some flamer or rager who ruin game for others. With thousands of threads and internet popularity. This will make so much good things in LoL-game generaly.

sammich kek

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYango View Post
This is the sort of post that makes me dislike this thread.

You can praise Riot for making the correct professional decision. But when you drag the guy's personal misfortune in as a source of humor, that's crossing a line.
The trolls parading around this thread seem to disagree, they are showing you with their onslaught of downvotes and internet acronyms.

Along with their "lol i've been here since the story unfolded guys, it's funny, trust me, or don't, here i'll try and force it on you"

This is turning into more of a "show" than anything else.

Dirty Foot

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
he doesnt type much in game, he can say all the **** he wants on his stream, they can't do anything about that
I actually never even thought about it like that. So many gamer livestream now, I seriously neglected the fact that voice com systems are not tied to Riot in any way. As such, they technically cannot be used as justification for a ban.

Wow. I feel kind of stupid, I really should have realized that on my own.

Corcupine

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post
The trolls parading around this thread seem to disagree, they are showing you with their onslaught of downvotes and internet acronyms.
You are still here? And don't even talk about acronyms, if you are so butthurt over stuff like that, why are you named ThinkSAMMICH. That isn't how you spell sandwich, stop using internet slang.

Vindrel

01-17-2011

Xii has been sacked, those responsible for the sacking have been sacked.

Glasse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYango View Post
You're saying that Pendragon's handling of the situation should be based not on Psyonic's behavior, but on how the community responded to it? I definitely disagree with that.

Psyonic's punishment should have been determined by what he did--acting out against a customer, not by the fact that a bunch of forum trolls decided to whine about it. Riot's decision should be totally independent of that, and based on their own investigation and judgment. Making a thread to publicly announce Psyonic getting fired sets a bad precedent (forumers thinking they can bully Riot into firing people), and makes the decision feel less like dispensing justice, and more like an attempt to appease the lynch mob.
No that's not what i meant at all. I meant that he had to answer the community. Even if they kept him instead of firing him, he had to be public about it because if he was not i hope you know the backlash would have been even bigger because even more people that don't give a **** about the whole story would add up (99% of the posts in the other threads were people seeking for attention, hopping on the bandwagon and nobody really gave a ****). Obviously the decision wasnt made because of the community, but because of all the ****storm it caused there had to be a public answer/apology or whatever the **** you want to call it.

Athxx

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
I actually never even thought about it like that. So many gamer livestream now, I seriously neglected the fact that voice com systems are not tied to Riot in any way. As such, they technically cannot be used as justification for a ban.

Wow. I feel kind of stupid, I really should have realized that on my own.
Even so, the fact that it has a high possibility that it was him (in this case it was 100% him), it doesnt make Riot look good at all. He did all the actions including banning live on stream. Though we dont have a video footage, someone was able to take screen shots of his actions.

Evensguard

01-17-2011

Never be made an example of, you get punished unfairly for it every time. Life is so fair eh?