Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Athxx

01-17-2011

Did he delete his fb? lol

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownface View Post
Actually, the restaurant manager would most likely fire the guy on the spot, and go back to the table, apologize to the customer, comp the meal, and inform them that the individual in question has been put on suspension/fired.

That, of course, depends on the quality and prestige of the restaurant.

Riot is like a restaurant that has received millions of dollars in financing from prestigious investment firms around the world.

Exactly, and that's why handling this with a paragraph and basically saying "that's that, now move along" is a poor business practice.

Ryuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-17-2011

This should be pinned.

Corcupine

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post
At least half of the people commenting on this situation have never endured a hardship or had a real experience with morality. Do they qualify? I think the response is no, this thread should not have made it past page one.
Ok then, you've said all your going to say, bye!

Hülye bolond, soha nem jön vissza!

Minrog

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
He deserved termination for both his abuse of power and his attitude in the game. No sympathy.
This is also the best thing that could have happened to him, so maybe a bit of empathy but not too much. He was never going to work out in customer relations with such a volatile personality. If it didn't happen today, it would have happened in 6 months or a year, after he had finally snapped.

My wife has been in the customer relations area of an insurance company for 10+ years, and only about 1 in 3 candidates have the emotional fortitude to deal with it. It's not the place for someone who has rage issues, truly.

Candy Panda

01-17-2011

Lol I thought its ByonicHero ;P

TheYango

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkits View Post
So much for that.

What's even more funny are the dates; he managed to screw up his new career in just a matter of weeks.
This is the sort of post that makes me dislike this thread.

You can praise Riot for making the correct professional decision. But when you drag the guy's personal misfortune in as a source of humor, that's crossing a line.

Crownface

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
Exactly, and that's why handling this with a paragraph and basically saying "that's that, now move along" is a poor business practice.
Not sure what side you're arguing with that post, but Riot seems to have handled this in an appropriate way. They made a public apology for the employee's actions, and let everyone know that they're going to be revising their training methods, and left an open thread for people to discuss stuff in. If they had said "Yeah, he's gone. Any threads regarding this matter will be closed and the thread posters will be banned for 24 hours.", then that would be bad.

Dirty Foot

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Or for that matter he could go into any position that doesn't require customer contact - I suppose there's a reason why Riot hired him in the first place so he must have some skill or contacts. If you want to succeed you will.
I'm assuming those skills couldn't possibly be for customer service though.

The irony would be delicious.

ZergHydra

Master Recruiter