Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1000rider View Post
What is funny is he moved out to LA a month ago for this job.. now he is unemployed and will have to move back to his parents. Imagine the story he has to tell his family
His personal situation really does not matter when comparing it to a company's reputation. If anything it is a good lesson to learn how the real-world is before he takes a jump at another job opportunity. Regarding his actions there and when not there is equally important.

I still cringe at what my friends and family reveal on their facebook pages, I still hate the history I have piled up under this alias. People need to learn that anything you do now a days can easily come-back to haunt you.

Abusing power is just a entirely different topic, but grossly contributes to the situation. I work for Health Care and could look up Brittany Spear's Medical Record, but I won't because its protected, and illegal to do. My job is more important, and I know better. I do hope that he was at least informed about his rights by Riot, and that they have training for new hires to address issues like the one he was involved in to avoid future issues.

Sirixamo

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
Ad Hominem does not suit you. Now, there's two sides to every story, then there's the truth. We were able to see the truth from multiple third party perspectives.
You seem to be extremely confused at what is happening here, or you're trolling. I hope your brother in law actually reads all the material.

Propaganda War

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

This is rediculous, you fire someone for banning some snotty *****?

Silly.

BTW, u hiring bro?

Raptamei

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clustercluck View Post
It makes me kind of sad for him. He lost his cool and now he has to find a new job and possibly move. His life is ruined over losing his temper once and nobody should be happy about that. It's a video game, guys. Someone's life is ruined. It's not funny or good.
Someone else will join Riot in his place, someone else who now sees his life dream fulfilled instead and will probably have a brighter future than someone with a username like that, an avatar representing the evil version of the most famous ezmode jerk champion in the game and a superman pic on facebook. Even without this incident, I wouldn't have had much hope for his career.

If he's really committed, he can go into mod making, lead a team of like-minded people and hit paydirt that way, like the developers of Portal and Red Orchestra. Or for that matter he could go into any position that doesn't require customer contact - I suppose there's a reason why Riot hired him in the first place so he must have some skill or contacts. If you want to succeed you will.

Glasse

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP4ME View Post
GG Riot. First we get rid of hotshot for acting inappropriately, now this guy. Keep up the good work!

Oh, hold on a sec.
he doesnt type much in game, he can say all the **** he wants on his stream, they can't do anything about that

Corcupine

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propaganda War View Post
This is rediculous, you fire someone for banning some snotty *****?

Silly.

BTW, u hiring bro?
Move along here, he was trallin' the previous thread too.

Levnik Moore

01-17-2011

Thanks Riot ^_^

Zohariel

01-17-2011

If you move cities to take a valuable internship at a place you really want to work, you freaking behave yourself while you are there. That's real life, guys.

Areola

Recruiter

01-17-2011

Hahaha wait, how does he feel that you're still using his pictures in the merch store?

TheYango

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyTwenty View Post
So does that guy who was unjustly banned getting any compensation? I'd like to see him at least get $20 worth of riot points for the trouble of documenting everything. Probably deserves $50.
He was still in the wrong, given his behavior in the game. Psyonic's behavior was inexcusable, but that doesn't suddenly exonerate the other player from being a complete d-bag.

My opinion: I agree that firing Psyonic was the only reasonable response, but at the same time, I think people here are being far too happy about it. I definitely disagree with Pendragon's decision to make a thread about it on the forums. He deserves to be fired--he doesn't deserve to be publicly harassed and humiliated by the community.

To use the example that others have used--if you're working in a restaurant and you harass a customer, you're likely to get fired, but in most cases, it's going to be done discreetly, and with some respect to your dignity. The restaurant doesn't put up a big plaque with your name on it saying "don't worry, we fired this guy!"