Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getupstandup

01-17-2011

So.. what exactly happened?

ViolentlyCar

01-17-2011

While firing seems harsh, you have to realize that the guy didn't just rage and abuse his power, but he also used racist slurs. That's a line that you simply can't cross and any respectable company would fire any employees doing that.

GetMad

01-17-2011

I hope you "gamers" are proud - having someone fired from their job irl just because you can't take the heat. good job buy more kleenex. I've actually had the privileage to game with him - not only was he nice, cool and a good sport he played a great game and was a good experience.

Minrog

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP4ME View Post
GG Riot. First we get rid of hotshot for acting inappropriately, now this guy. Keep up the good work!
I think the raging part was actually possible to look past, as everyone can become irate during a competitive video game. Maybe a slap on the wrist for first time offense and a warning to stfu if you want to keep your job, ect.

The ban part they can't overlook, that's what makes it different than a high profile streamer. They have policies about how bans are handled and he breached their trust by doing it the way that he did.

Wyko

Adjudicator

01-17-2011

Good job Riot. Maybe a bit extreme; I'd hope for a temporary dismissal more than a firing to end his career. But at least there was a response.

Har

01-17-2011

Wow... same thing I would have done but... really didn't expect them to actually do it.

I'm... impressed.

Aftyn

01-17-2011

Retribution! Finally a sense of justice exists on these forums. Congrats gentlemen, you just scored 10 cool points.

Boatman Choosy

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentlyCar View Post
While firing seems harsh, you have to realize that the guy didn't just rage and abuse his power, but he also used racist slurs. That's a line that you simply can't cross and any respectable company would fire any employees doing that.
I didn't hear about the racist slurs. Is there evidence of this?

AdamantiumClaws

01-17-2011

what funny is that Riot still has Employees who use Racial slurs in there Forum & Online names they have done nothing to change the name "RiotJeffJew" or something like that.

I have ran into players who use the name "asian" in there online & forum names it still has not been changed.

xTheMadHatter

01-17-2011

Mundo is pleased.