Udyr.. wtf riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiggawatz

01-16-2010

Not only do you release a new, overpowered character. You overpower one that is already there... badly. I just got out of a game where an udyr, same level as us... level 11, with no kills no assists, just soloed 3 people on him, no creeps. So lets get this straight, 570 move speed, 3.2 attack speed, 350 damage crits, stun, 25% move boost, 300 damage bubble spammable every 4 seconds.... thats your idea of balance. Lol do you even play the game you develop anymore?

Jiggawatz

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout View Post
I've seen Yi do the same.

I've seen Tryndamere/Jax/Ashe/Teemo/etc do the same.

Udyr is a mad carry, counter him as you would any other.
Yii cannot kill towers at level 10 you liar, I am level 30, 412 games played and yii cannot backdoor towers until level 16 with feeding, and he needs his ultimate to do it. O and he also comes away seriously injured, I have seen udyr tank inside turrets at level 11 with no damage done to him so dont even try and compare.

Jiggawatz

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larynth View Post
Udyr
  • Bear Stance Movement Speed burst decreased to 15/18/21/24/27 from 18/22/26/30/34
  • ^That is a nerf not a buff
  • While Phoenix Stance’s activation effect is active, Udyr’s ability power is increased by 24/36/48/60/72 and attack damage is increased by 12/18/24/30/36
  • ^That is an insignificant buff in and of itself, Pheonix stance was a bit weak
  • Monkey’s Agility’s effect will now stay stacked if you continue swapping abilities
  • ^ that was a fix not a buff
  • Monkey’s Agility Dodge Chance decreased to 4% from 6%
  • ^ That's a nerf and a big one 33% to be exact
  • Shared ability Cooldown lowered from 2.5 to 1.5
  • ^ again minor buff and insignificant by itself
  • Shared ability Cooldown will only apply to abilities with cooldowns less than it
Look you guys kill me if you played Udyr once in a while you would realise that over all this was a huge nerf. He lost speed on bear, and dodge from monkey. The shared cooldown is for stances you havn't just used, and needed to be done 2.5 sec with the nerfs and he would have been UP. And the Phoenix stance stuff is nice, but really only usefull with an AP build.
Just because someone owns you doesn't mean the champ is broken, and I personally act like a noob for the first 5 min intentionally to get people to overstep, so just cause you think the guy sux doesn't mean you are right.

Lol nice try, not only did you forget to change what really matters in your lil guide, turtle bubble, but you also managed to say he deserves yet ANOTHER shared ability cooldown? he already switches to fast it needs to be 4.0 instead of 2.5... 3.5 at max

Jiggawatz

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostos View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong, but they didnt change turtle.

Udyr
  • Bear Stance Movement Speed burst decreased to 15/18/21/24/27 from 18/22/26/30/34
  • While Phoenix Stance’s activation effect is active, Udyr’s ability power is increased by 24/36/48/60/72 and attack damage is increased by 12/18/24/30/36
  • Monkey’s Agility’s effect will now stay stacked if you continue swapping abilities
  • Monkey’s Agility Dodge Chance decreased to 4% from 6%
  • Shared ability Cooldown lowered from 2.5 to 1.5
  • Shared ability Cooldown will only apply to abilities with cooldowns less than it
Why are you complaining about turtle then? Isnt it pstrike/as that is the prob? Or like others have said raise initial mana cost and remove dmg add to pstrike.

The shared ability cooldown lowering buffs turtle. Because he can switch to turtle stance more often, bringing his damage reduction through the roof. With golem buff which he can easily get, udyr can proc his turtle buff at 1.5 seconds.... thats about 300 damage reduction, every 1.5 seconds... you do the math... a battle usually lasts 5-15 seconds, if it lasts the median of 10 seconds, thats about 1800 damage reduction.... ontop of the various dodge buffs and other addons.

Twigg

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggawatz View Post
Lol nice try, not only did you forget to change what really matters in your lil guide, turtle bubble, but you also managed to say he deserves yet ANOTHER shared ability cooldown? he already switches to fast it needs to be 4.0 instead of 2.5... 3.5 at max
Larynth was right in some aspects. The big thing now is the shared cooldown. 4s would totally kill Udyr, it is too much. 2 seconds would be the best for his shared ability cooldown.

P.S. You fail, turtle wasn't touched at all

Yosher

01-16-2010

All they do is buy a few things, attack someone, and change their stance every few milliseconds. No matter the situation, you die. Way OP.

Twigg

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosher View Post
All they do is buy a few things, attack someone, and change their stance every few milliseconds. No matter the situation, you die. Way OP.
All he does is buy a few things, attack someone, and activate his ulti every time he kills someone. No matter the situation, you die. Way OP.

Please post something constructive

Unkol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

I agree as well that Udyr is OP. In my last game against Udyr, he practically was the only threat in the game. It literally took our entire team to take him down. Even though my team were getting some good champion kills, against the addition of Udyr on the enemy team, we still somehow lost . See attached:

Leoran

01-17-2010

To me it sounds like Udyr is the same as any of the stronger melee carries: Let him get going and you're steamrolled.

In fact, he sounds like EVERY potential carry.

I think some people are forgetting a major fact: Udyr dies to CC just like any other Carry (except Twitch).

Udyr's major weakness is his need to be in melee to do anything, which a lot of these matches I see linked have, at best, one stunner. One stunner who's stun is very situational.

When it comes to the stronger series of heroes (Udyr as an example for lower ELO), it's not uncommon to believe they are OP due to the RANDOM PUG GENERATOR tool you're forced to use.

If you don't end up with Snare/Stun heroes who know how to execute them, yeah. Heroes like Yi and Udyr will steamroll you if you let them get going.

To even say that spamming a "1.5" second 300 hp Shield is overpowered is ludicrous. At level 18 most heroes can decimate another depending on the opening. With Udyr needing to reach melee (Not an IMPOSSIBLE feat due to Bear Speed), he's easily shut down by ANY Tank with a Stun, Charge, or Taunt, while the rest of the party either unleashes on him during that lock down (Where he can't "spam" his Turtle Shield), or it's just long enough for the squishy he was charging to get back and open up a can of death on him.

Udyr just seems unstoppable to people due to their team compositions being heroes like Katarina and such who have huge damage outputs, but no CC. Yeah. He's likely going to steamroll those teams.

Get yourself a good tank with a Taunt/Stun/Throw, a ranged damage dealer with a Stun, and you've got a dead Udyr. (And really every other character in the game dies to this).

Worried about Cleanse and all it's might? Then make sure your tank is Malphite and hurl his ass in the air while your party tears him down.

It's really not difficult: Just hit him with a CC and watch him crumble. And if you're going to complain "Oh but he shouldn't need CC to die Q_Q", I direct you to Katarina, who's a monster against a Non-CC Party.

If we tone down EVERY Character who 'requires' a CC ability to shut down, doesn't that just make those abilities even more insane as it is? I know teams with plenty of stuns generally shut down those that don't.

Might wanna start nerfing Stun/Taunt/Throw =/

PS: Malphite REALLY is a major pain when I play as Udyr.

JackCrow

Adjudicator

01-17-2010

I think the biggest problem with the entire X is OP argument lays less in the individual characters and more in the MM and Blind Pick.

If I'm matched up with someone over 10 levels beneath me they dont have the same experience as everyone else in the match and have a higher probability of feeding the "OP" guy.

Blind Pick also makes it so we cant counter pick each other which was a good part of DOTA, it made the game more intense.

With Blind pick if you pick the wrong characters your team is a spot on the pavement and theres not much you can do about it.