What does a period feel like?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

01-10-2011

The one thing I wished I didn't have as a woman...

Curse you nature and evolution.

Gazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2011

http://www.divacup.com/

divaaaaaaa cuuuuuuup.

facepalmextreme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzi View Post
http://www.divacup.com/

divaaaaaaa cuuuuuuup.
don't buy into the gimmick, it's just a tiny plunger... save your money.

Corinthea

01-10-2011

I get terrible cramps sometimes to the point where sometimes I don't go to school. xD

Gazzi

01-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by facepalmextreme View Post
don't buy into the gimmick, it's just a tiny plunger... save your money.
I just think their ridiculous. the testimonies make me laugh.

now if they came up with a little portable Period Vacuum...

FishPasta

01-10-2011

Thanks for answering, girls (and thanks for making the topic, person who I'm too lazy to go back and find). This is something I never would have cared to know if someone hadn't brought it up.

Is it more of a constant ache or more of an on-off thing throughout the day (obviously, I mean when menstruating)? Do you get any abnormal things happening (I'm thinking cravings for food right now, but I don't really have any idea) when you get your period? Is just being nice to girls the best way to accommodate them in this time?

SmokingJoeNL

01-10-2011

Like a comma but without the tail.

Scarlena

01-10-2011

My periods last 4-5 days. I take birth control, so they're shorter than they would be 'naturally'. For me, for the first two days (the day before I actually start bleeding and the first day) I have very bad lower back pain. It feels like if I were to lay onmy stomach and out 200lbs on my lower back. This is the result of straining my back when I was younger. If I worked on strengthening my back more, this would go away and my periods would be relatively pain free. If a girl uses pads, the whole thing can be a bloody, disgusting, smelly mess. If you use tampons, it's much more clean-feeling, and you don't.... Spill? as much.

As fas as what Ssraeshza is saying, he's right. However, the few times I had *** while on my period, the smell was too much of a turn off (I don't know, maybe I'm super sensitive to the smell of blood). I haven't tried the shower strategy.

In my opinion, it's overplayed. It's not party, but whatever, life goes on.

FearCatalyst

01-10-2011

I have a funny story about ladyjuices and sexy times. It's a little too dirty for the forums, though. MESSAGE ME IN-GAME IF YOU WANT TO SAY "EW".

Dracorya

01-10-2011

For me it tends to be a constant ache that sometimes flares up briefly...at that point I just find a nice soft surface to curl up on until it goes away.

...or pop a some painkillers if its REALLY bad which is rare thankfully.

I don't get any weird cravings other then I suddenly avoid heavy foods. And yes, being nice and understanding to a girl during this time is a good idea.