underpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

das Madchen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

Hey, I'm just wondering... who plays "underpowered" characters?

I actually really like kayle, janna, and jax, all of whome seem rare, and are considered "underpowered." But the thing is... I play them quite well imho. I once went a game (we lost) with kayle 4-0-23 ^^

What are your thoughts on these characters? Everyone says they need a buff... but I seem to do fine with them. Maybe it's just me <_<

OtisMcFat

01-15-2010

actually, kayle and janna are two of my favorite players too.. playing a support hero is sometimes the most fun... i love being able to constantly cast while playing janna.. as long as she has alot of hp, she can really dominate... she is really good at sustaining a push as well

Laue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

Evelynn needs a major buff, tho with a good team, she can dominate, but still, she is kinda on the meh side S:

HyperWeaponRance

01-15-2010

I enjoy janna, solo shes kinda underpowered, but if your paired with a good tank or a dps, you can spam your shield on them, and make the enemies waste mana/hp by attacking the shielded person, shes much less of a nuker, her moves just dont do enough damage, but if i get some decent AP and survivability you can go into a teamfight, not die and protect others, id love to see janna buffed so she can actually do some decent damage, but shes still fine as a support

Nayuki

01-15-2010

The problem with Janna nuke wise is twofold:

1) Howling Gale doesn't start CD until the spell is actually released which means that once you get enough AP it is pointless to charge it at all as simply instantly sending it off will do more damage due to CD resetting.

2) The much bigger issue, her spells are absolute rape-tastic early but taper off late. It's one of those situations where it's hard to scale her - just getting one or two Howling Gales (let alone gods a Howling Gale+Zephyr combo) early on absolutely wrecks whoever got pegged by them as well as the Gale most likely clearing most of the enemy creeps and allowing a nice push. Unfortunatly her spells seem to do more or less nothing late game except for Gale offering some very fun mindgames with the seemingly fairly long toss-up effect...

Maggeus

01-16-2010

Kayle isn't underpowered.
Someone who can make a glass cannon invincible during a team fight isn't what I'd comprehend as underpowered, if not totally viable.

But indeed, Janna, Jax (who was so powerful before :/ ) and Eve are really underpowered in this current state of the game.

Krosan

01-16-2010

Janna would really be slightly OP if she had real damage potential on top of everything else, I think. She's already an insanely good support. Maybe tweak the AP scaling of her abilities up a bit, add side effects to her ult; I've heard things like "slow enemies within Monsoon," "remove slow from allies within Monsoon," things like that. But she doesn't really need a major damage buff, it defeats the purpose of a "support" hero.

Janna doesn't need kills. Your carry needs kills. Janna's job is to make sure the carry gets to the fight, lives through it, and all through it, to spoonfeed those delicious kills to the carry with her slow and popup.

Matt

01-16-2010

The main fact is, people will always complain because of reason x. Reality is, any champion currently in the game can be played well enough at a competitive level such that it doesn't hurt your team. Hiemerdinger is a good example, for a long time people complained about how awful he was, but in actuality if played right can really help your team.

Chai

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan View Post
Janna would really be slightly OP if she had real damage potential on top of everything else, I think. She's already an insanely good support. Maybe tweak the AP scaling of her abilities up a bit, add side effects to her ult; I've heard things like "slow enemies within Monsoon," "remove slow from allies within Monsoon," things like that. But she doesn't really need a major damage buff, it defeats the purpose of a "support" hero.

Janna doesn't need kills. Your carry needs kills. Janna's job is to make sure the carry gets to the fight, lives through it, and all through it, to spoonfeed those delicious kills to the carry with her slow and popup.
Mine and agip33's Janna would beg to differ.

das Madchen

01-16-2010

Ya, I generally like to shield/disrupt with janna.

Kayle, I play support more than tank... Tanks need to take damage and to do that they need to be a threat. Kayle isn't. However, kayle does the job of support by making other teamates not dying.

Kalye is actually my second favorite character after annie, then janna