A Guide to Resolving Patcher/Launcher Issues

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 46
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-06-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thumbs-Up!

goosse

01-06-2011

Eambo = op <3

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2011

Please let me know if it's helped you out or not, as I haven't had time to test the files this time round. Hopefully will do that today! :-)

Palasit

01-06-2011

Bump, this is really useful. Pinworthy?

Smellysocks9

01-06-2011

I downloaded the latest patch today and afterwards I started to experience a script error saying something about Line: 485 Char: 6 Error: "time" is undefined Code: 0 URL: file:///C:/Riot%20Games/League%20of%20Legends.old/html/js/launcher.js Do you want to continue running scripts on this page. I searched the forums and found other people have had to problem as well but could not find a solution. I'm in the process of downloading the entire LoL folder via FTP. However, I never used FileZilla before and am having some difficulties with failed transfers and constant disconnects. I really want to play soon. I hope this works because it's taking a long time.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2011

Hi Smellysocks,

The fact that you're getting disconnects and failed transfers is probably the same reason you're getting the 485 error - the game is unable to keep a connection. I advise making a new thread for your issue and we'll run a few tests to see what's going on with your network =-)

Smellysocks9

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
Hi Smellysocks,

The fact that you're getting disconnects and failed transfers is probably the same reason you're getting the 485 error - the game is unable to keep a connection. I advise making a new thread for your issue and we'll run a few tests to see what's going on with your network =-)
Thanks for the quick response. That's possible. Honestly I don't know much about this kind of stuff to know for sure. I haven't played for several days. It worked fine Sunday when I last played then all of sudden I am having this error after downloading the patch today. Prior to today, I've never experience problems with the launcher or within the game. If this helps, I've found it in the patcher.lib

01/06/2011 22:09 [WARNING] Maestro Error [MAESTROERRORTYPE_AIRHEARTBEAT] Contact with Air lost version 2.

01/06/2011 22:12 [WARNING] ScriptFacadeWindows::Execute() error. invoke error [__launcher_reportLauncherError]

I've tried installing Adobe Air with the latest updates but that didn't correct the problem.

Thanks

Eambo

01-06-2011

Yeah that's the exact error I was thinking of, basically it's lost contact with the server. Make a new thread on the forums and we'll go through some stuff =-)

Kynaeus

01-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
- Replacing the errored file manually [100% working when files are tested]

This will work pretty much always, assuming the file doesn't corrupt when you download it, and it wasn't corrupted when I upload it. If you get an error after replacing the file, delete it and download it again. If it happens again, post the file here along with your patcher_lib.log
...\League of Legends\game\LEVELS\Map2\Scene\CFG
Suspected corrupt file: ObjectCFG.cfg

Launcher consistently throws an error on this file at 100% of copying LoL.game, patcher error log is attached here.

PigFarts

01-10-2011

I just used this thread to fix my LoL stuff and I have to say, fantastic work. Easy to follow instructions, 100% functional now.
Thanks for saving my LoL!

12345612 ... 46