[Guide] - Poppy "The Midget Linebacker" (Hybrid)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VMan7

Member

01-15-2010

Take all four points out of alacrity. Alacrity blows on all heroes, except maybe Jax. Put one into 4/4 Sorcery and one into 1/1 Arc. Knowledge, then the other two into the +ap in Archmage's Savvy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CalveenKush

Member

01-15-2010

Quote:
Also, Poppy's passive gets WORSE as you get more HP. so a low hp tank build is much better for her.
Not true. Actually so wrong i can't believe someone said it, and that people agree with it. Her passive states 10% of her current health. so if you have 4k hit point max, but you are down to 2k that means anything over 200 does have damage. I can't believe all you noobs scream these dps builds when hit points make her unkillable. I can tell you haven't tried my build and yet you are so fast to make corrections.

I don't disagree that there are good dps builds that make her hit like a train, but if you want to scream trinity force go scream it somewhere else. The only person to actually make an intelligent criticism is Vman7 he said...

Quote:
Take all four points out of alacrity. Alacrity blows on all heroes, except maybe Jax. Put one into 4/4 Sorcery and one into 1/1 Arc. Knowledge, then the other two into the +ap in Archmage's Savvy.
I will update the guide with this because it is better than the mastery i originally put. Credit will be given where it is deserved.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Granrok

Senior Member

01-15-2010

First, I really like the toon - although her voice is not what I expected.

Next - no matter what the build choice is overall I agree with the Sheen part (I like to yell all "CHARLIE SHEEN IN THE HOUSE" when I buy it). If timed right you get in a charge, followed by a full normal hit procced with Sheen, then devastating blow, then sheen hit. If you go with the rest of your build that puts you at your 4k ish life (btw I have thought of this as well as a hp regen build, which I have been working on which includes three sets of armor) at which point you are way above your target on the life ratio.

So the question here really is as follows:
1) Focus on burst damage (combo illustrated above)
2) Focus on Health and maybe armor
3) Focus on Health regen and maybe armor

Thanks for the write up. I have had great success with her in one game, and not great in two others. Still getting the hang of her.

G


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalveenKush View Post
Not true. Actually so wrong i can't believe someone said it, and that people agree with it. Her passive states 10% of her current health. so if you have 4k hit point max, but you are down to 2k that means anything over 200 does have damage. I can't believe all you noobs scream these dps builds when hit points make her unkillable. I can tell you haven't tried my build and yet you are so fast to make corrections.

I don't disagree that there are good dps builds that make her hit like a train, but if you want to scream trinity force go scream it somewhere else. The only person to actually make an intelligent criticism is Vman7 he said...



I will update the guide with this because it is better than the mastery i originally put. Credit will be given where it is deserved.
It still technically makes her passive weaker until they've burned through 2000 hp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CalveenKush

Member

01-15-2010

Quote:
It still technically makes her passive weaker until they've burned through 2000 hp.
Here are your choices:

1. Have 4k... make them burn through 2k so your passive starts working and they have used their cooldowns.

2. Have 2k and get your passive working right away even though they are nuking the hell out of you with all their awesome abilities.

She becomes exponentially harder to kill the more health she has. If you are any good at math and can see the patterns then you know what i'm taking about...

One last point: How many time have you been hit with a spell that hits harder than 400 or crit? Late game thats pretty much all of them. So your passive is working the whole time. Don't be so blind.

Maybe there character is too new for people to understand her true strengths and weakness.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pagefault

Junior Member

01-15-2010

If you are stacking AP, why don't you add a Lich Bane to the mix?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalveenKush View Post
Here are your choices:

1. Have 4k... make them burn through 2k so your passive starts working and they have used their cooldowns.

2. Have 2k and get your passive working right away even though they are nuking the hell out of you with all their awesome abilities.

She becomes exponentially harder to kill the more health she has. If you are any good at math and can see the patterns then you know what i'm taking about...

One last point: How many time have you been hit with a spell that hits harder than 400 or crit? Late game thats pretty much all of them. So your passive is working the whole time. Don't be so blind.

Maybe there character is too new for people to understand her true strengths and weakness.
10% of 4000 = 400
10% of 2000 = 200
Threshold for damage is increased, amount reduced is increased.
Lets say damage taken = 800

With 4000 hit points...
(800 - 400) *.5 = 200 = 200 + 400 = 600 damage taken.

With 2000 hit points...
(800 - 200) *.5 = 300 = 300 + 200 = 500 damage taken.

So yes, her passive is technically weaker with more health and mitigation.

Yes, she is much harder to kill. However, you are wrong in saying her passive gets "stronger" with more health.

Please, correct my math and show me how her passive is exponentially better as you get more HP. I'd like to learn something today. (PS -1ing my posts is not valid math to disprove my math)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RikkuHime

Senior Member

01-15-2010

Her passive procs less with higher HP. However higher HP means Poppy will take longer to kill than with lower HP.

Lets say damage taken = 800

With 4000 hit points...
(800 - 400) *.5 = 200 = 200 + 400 = 600 damage taken.

With 2000 hit points...
(800 - 200) *.5 = 300 = 300 + 200 = 500 damage taken


Yes you can see the difference, however:

4,000HP - 600 = 3,400HP

2,000HP - 500 = 1,500HP

You get hit for 800 damage again:

3,400 HP:

(800 - 340) * .5 = 230 = 230 + 340 = 570 damage
3,400 - 570 = 2,830

1,500 HP:

(800 - 150) *.5 = 325 = 325 + 150 = 475 damage
1,500 - 475 = 1,025

The difference gets bigger and bigger as you continue getting hit for that damage. So although lower HP means the passive procs more, it doesn't change the fact that you will survive more hits with higher hp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CalveenKush

Member

01-15-2010

Quote:
10% of 4000 = 400
10% of 2000 = 200
Threshold for damage is increased, amount reduced is increased.
Lets say damage taken = 800

With 4000 hit points...
(800 - 400) *.5 = 200 = 200 + 400 = 600 damage taken.

With 2000 hit points...
(800 - 200) *.5 = 300 = 300 + 200 = 500 damage taken.

So yes, her passive is technically weaker with more health and mitigation.

Yes, she is much harder to kill. However, you are wrong in saying her passive gets "stronger" with more health.

Please, correct my math and show me how her passive is exponentially better as you get more HP. I'd like to learn something today. (PS -1ing my posts is not valid math to disprove my math)
Last edited by Bagga; Today at 04:02 PM..
I think you guys got the math wrong. The passive states any damage that exceeds 10% of Poppy's current health is reduced by 50%.

So if i am any good with word problems that means that

Scenario:
You have 4000 health ------------- 4000 x 10% = 400
You get hit by a 800 damage spell 800>400
The damage is reduced by 50%----- Damaged taken = 400

I dont know where you guys are getting this (800-400) *.5 = 200 + 400 = 600

It does't say take quantity of the damage and subtract 10% of current health then multiply the answer by 1/2 then add 10% of current health.

The reason i said exponential is because i believe the time survived is exponential. This may not be true with an auto attack critter, but abilities have cooldowns. The more abilities you survive the more cooldowns you get through.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CalveenKush

Member

01-15-2010

Quote:
If you are stacking AP, why don't you add a Lich Bane to the mix?
Lich bane is expensive and you really aren't getting a whole lot of AP in this build. Its only enough to make the DB and HC hit a bit harder. The focus is being a tank and still being a threat, but leave the hardcore dps to the well... dps. I know that Poppy can be a hardcore dps but there are a lot of heroes that can't tank like she can. So if you are in a situation with no maliphite or alistar and you have a lot of squooshies on your team. Try this build. The reason i get the AP is because you can get AP and health while only the frozen mallet gives hp and damage (and not much damage).