Magic thornmail needed in the game?

Yes, the item is needed 33 25.38%
No, the current MR itemset is fine 68 52.31%
Uncertain, we'll need a bit more testing 29 22.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

So now that the casters have their big AP items...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KalastRaven

01-05-2011

Not like % based like Thornmail (because spellvamp is still too rare), but a good MR option would be handy. Think of something like a MR Sunfire Cape.

Moonfire Cape :
Negatron Cloak, Giant's Belt + 800g

55 MR, +450 HP
Unique Aura : Reduce enemy healing and regeneration by 20%.

ScarletAzure

01-05-2011

Well

Late game, it can actually kill a fully built karthus if all enemies have this magic thornmail and he uses his ultimate.

Same goes for all aoe ultimates...

There is thornmail and not magic thornmail because autoattacks cannot deal aoe based damage,
If this item is introduced, it can kill aoe based champs like annie, karthus or morgana.

So

NO

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalastRaven View Post
Not like % based like Thornmail (because spellvamp is still too rare), but a good MR option would be handy. Think of something like a MR Sunfire Cape.

Moonfire Cape :
Negatron Cloak, Giant's Belt + 800g

55 MR, +450 HP
Unique Aura : Reduce enemy healing and regeneration by 20%.
This is... interesting and awesome. I really don't think anyone disagrees that the in-combat regeneration game (Mundo, Vlad, Mordekaiser--or at least before they HARD nerfed that part of him) is pretty annoying to go up against.

I feel that another BV-esque item would really kind of make it impossible to use casters again. It's pretty **** hard already against tanks that stack MR, since Voidstaff does it's application after other magic penetration items.. so you can never really get them down to less than ~100 MR. With BV it takes a lot of time and work to bring a tank down with burst casting. With a mirror mail, everyone would get that and BV.

Raptamei

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thdrams View Post
Not enough tank MR items, honestly. When I see a team that is 5 casters or 5 ap champs, i get mercs, HoG, aegis, banshees, fon... don't know what to get after that
Yes, please, allow people to build tank and ignore caster damage. This has never been possible before.

This is Leblanc all over again. Finally casters aren't useless in terms of damage after the midgame and look at the qq.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Yeah, and how do you take down a tank with mirror mail then? Madred's? (Oh yeah, that deals magic damage hurrrrrrrrr)

Lulwy

01-05-2011

There should prolly be another MR item.

It shouldn't return magic damage, because a physical champion can just walk away if they're about to die, in theory.

When Annie goes to kill your carry and you happen to get caught in the AoE, she shouldn't be punished by taking half her life in damage for it.

Joxer

01-05-2011

while i think there should be more variety of MR items, thornmail/damage return is not a good idea, and would go further to make tanks the ultimate champion.

casters innately have lower hp
casters have cooldowns and auto attack doesn't provide enough supplemental damage.
there are not enough good items with spell vamp to counter "spellmail", and spell vamp is innately a worse stat than lifesteal because again: casters have cooldowns.