Can Trist beat Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EasymodeX

01-13-2010

Quote:
Generally its the Trist trying to get close to the Teemo to trade blows with exploding shot DoT against blind then backing off.
The key here is that blind has a longer range than the exploding shot (unless my memory is off). However, the exploding shot wins in the HP tradeoff.

So, it basically depends on who has more balls and who can predict the precise movement of the other player.

Basilisk9466

01-13-2010

They're more or less the same - since quite often we end up hitting our abilities and approaching each other at the same time, I swear that they happen simultaneously. If there is a range difference, it's too small for Teemo to abuse.

Quote:
Nope he just has a Sprint, Mushrooms to slow, and a stealth. No escapes at all.
Sprint turns off when you hit him, mushrooms have a delay and are avoidable, stealth only happens if you sit still, taking damage quietly for 4.5s.

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Theory-wise, I'd say under ideal conditions Tris wins.

If you're 1v1ing, you can respond to his blind with a Buster Shot or a Rocket Jump. If you're not blinded, you're going to decimate him in dps given equal gear.

bobthegood

01-13-2010

I don't see teemo just running up to a trist and start attacking. I think most teemos would try to bait trist to do a rocket jump on top of him where a mushroom would be. Follow that up with a blind and now she can't attack or move quickly and she used her escape mechanism to initiate.

Trist has more burst damage, which forces teemo to be more defensive. Stacked up in a lane I think trist has an advantage. But, I think teemo would have an edge in jungle fighting, using his mushrooms and stealth to get the drop on trist.

Anywho, my 2 cents.

trumpetFrog

01-14-2010

I felt like I should post a reply to this thread because Trist and Teemo are my two most used characters. I've played 80+ games with Trist and 40+ games with Teemo. I've been on all sides of this equation. So here are my thoughts.

Assuming both teemo and trist are soloing middle.

Teemo has early advantage level 1-5
-teemo's toxic shot means one shot from him will do more damage than one shot from trist.
-teemo has blind meaning 1v1 you will loose unless you have something to debuff
-items are going to be relatively equal at this point
-trist doesn't have a noticeable advantage in range

Lvl 6-10ish Mostly equal, slight advantage to Trist
-teemo's mushrooms are a great way to prevent ganks but if you are paying attention as trist you won't have trouble avoiding them... plus you can afford a ward if they are getting too numerous.
-Items are now in favor of trist most likely because of explosion shot. I know teemo has poison but I find it unreliable for farming at best... even at level 4 or 5 you'll find it troublesome to farm with it.
-Trist's range is now giving her a noticeable advantage for harassing. Unless teemo want to waste his precious mana harassing back with blind, he won't be able to counter your regular attacks.
-Trist can can use active explosion shot to prevent lifesteal from being useful for teemo.
-Buster Shot can be used to knock teemo back when he blinds you, push him into a tower, or just knock him back to escape.
-Teemo's Move quick can be easily countered when he is chasing you by minion's, towers or even you when he is still outside of attacking range. Unless he can one shot you with blind or a regular attack, you are good to go.

Late game Equal but different.

-At this point you won't often find teemo and trist 1v1ing it.. battles with consist of teams unless an unlucky solo is caught off guard in a forest somewhere.
-Teemo has advantage of having mushrooms for intel and for securing escape roots
-Trist will likely be dealing out more damage at this point.
-Teemo's blind will still be annoying but since you'll want to say in the back with trist and her amazing range. It'll take a lot of work for teemo to get to you without a disabler on your team from spotting a squishy teemo wanting a piece of it.
-Trist has slight advantage by being able to stay farther away from the disablers in a team fight. Also has more reliable escape moves.
-Teemo has an advantage in mobility. Move Quick means getting between lanes or joining a team fight in the jungle won't take long.

Other points:
-Trist has the farming advantage, especially early game. However by level 10, and with some good items teemo can also farm quite well. If you want to take out a big group of creeps, you can always lay a mushroom as well.
-Trist can often harass with explosion shot when teemo goes in for last hit on creeps. Not just the active skill, but by killing a range minon that he may stand near. Most people won't expect trist to counter by killing minons for some delicious magical damage.
-Teemo can counter agressive trist by standing on mushrooms. Aggressive trist may rocket jump in and try to take out a half health teemo. I think this is a bad idea vs teemo because of the mushroon and blind combo that will likely mean your death.
-Teemo's camouflage can be useful if trist is back at a tower and you are outside of her seeing range. You can camouflage so that when you start the assault you are within range for autoattack and blind. But beware of wards and oracle elixirs.

Hope this is helpful to all the Teemo's and Trist's out there. I wouldn't mind getting some feedback from others.

Holepuncher

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthero View Post
jump + ignite gives an easy first blood.
This.

I consider myself a half-decent teemo. Against bad trists I do fine. But, against good trists I have to be very careful.

Jump + ult + ignite, and I'm in trouble.

Zouave321

01-14-2010

tristana range is really really bad at low lvl.
tristana range is 541+9*level

Nezbot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

As a regular tris player, I only can say hands down that Teemo > Trist 1 v 1 at harrassing early game, no question about that.

fsbben

01-14-2010

I play Trist and the exploding shot+normal shot will get Teemo to pretty much 1/2 life at level 1 (Seems like exploding shot requires Trist to be closer than her normal shot). Most Teemo's won't go back to heal and at level 2, I immediately jump, explode shot and kill. Even if she casts a heal spell, her health is still around 1/3. If Teemo sticks around, I repeat for the kill.

How many players do you know that will heal at half? Not many.

MeanBean

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezbot View Post
As a regular tris player, I only can say hands down that Teemo > Trist 1 v 1 at harrassing early game, no question about that.
As a regular tris player, I only can say hands down that Trist > Teemo 1 v 1 at harrassing early game, no question about that.

See whut I did thar?