Release Notes v1.0.0.70

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chadus

01-12-2010

Good patch, remember guys they can't fix everything all at once! Balancing a game takes time. Anyways, the one aspect of the game I would like to see changed in some way is the 5 man team fights. In many games I have played I find that it ends up in the teams walking around in 5 man squads pushing and ganging. The only problem with this dynamic of gameplay is that the team with the most disables has a distinct advantage. Countless times I have lost games even when outkilling enemies by 10 or more kills because they started running around together and no matter what we did, we could not win a 5v5 team fight. I just find that when teams are losing, they stick together the whole game and it is not as fun because EVERY fight is 5v5, never any 1v1's or 2v2's and so on. I don't know if it is possible to create a premade of 5 heroes that are uncounterable, but it sure feels that way in a lot of games that turn into 5v5's, where just purely based on the champions selected they will win and we will lose and visa versa (Obviously if a team picks 5 mages they will lose...but i'm talking about reasonably balanced hero choices, not obscure ones). This is of course assuming each team has skilled enough players on it.

PS: It's not OP...but when the games do turn into 5v5's blitzcranks grab is the best spell in the game.

Multisingularity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post

Twitch
  • Spray and Pray Cooldown increased to 105/90/75 from 90/75/60
  • Spray and Pray Attack Speed reduced to 40/60/80 from 60/100/140
  • Twitch has new updated particles
[/LIST]

Now just reduce either the range or the splash percentage and he'll be good... I feel he should have kept the attack speed and lost the splash. Instead make it target able. This would make him completely wipe one hero, like an assassin. Though less useful in team fights, it would make him fit more to what he was built to be and make him more balanced when comparing him to heros like eve.

yay kat nurf

Mugsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Thanks for releasing the notes slightly ahead of the patch, it gives me some time to get the changes updated to Leaguecraft.com before servers go offline

PinkyThePig

01-12-2010

The thing i think should happen to twitchs ult is that the target he selects should be the same range as his normal attack range and then the projectile fires behind the target.

AKA same ult projectile range, closer you have to be to use it.

Alystan

01-12-2010

Quote:
The thing i think should happen to twitchs ult is that the target he selects should be the same range as his normal attack range and then the projectile fires behind the target.
It is a skilled shot, there is not target. The player choose the direction he is firing and everything it touches gets damaged.

So this suggestion is impossble.

Angustus Prime

01-12-2010

please tell me they just forgot to put warwicks buff in the notes

GNOY

01-12-2010

Quote:
Automatic Requeing – While in Champion Select, if another Summoner leaves the game, all other players will be placed back into the matchmaking queue with the same settings they had previously selected. This also works for arranged teams unless the leaver was a part of the team.
This makes me feel endless love to Riot.

Phenie

01-12-2010

Nice update, but I really wanted more maps and more modes. It's been ages since the last update and we just get a new champ and some tweaks?

At least take Twisted Treeline out of BETA, I'm so sick of Summoner's Rift. I honestly think you needed at least 5 maps before release. I can't believe there is still one and its been released for so long. Come on Riot; just a few more maps/modes for a bit of change!

And to all the Katarina nerf-haters, that ultimate was very OP at low levels (6-10)- if Kat went mid it could easily get her nicely fed from level 6. It was a needed nerf in my opinion. Although I admit at high levels, and versus tanks... she is gonna have more trouble now. ^^;

One Who Balls

01-12-2010

I guess they hoped to release this patch alot earlier, but got alot of feedback from the Test realms (And so many Twitch complaints) they decided to re-work a couple things and add more, though really, for such a wait, it's lacking alot of things I expected would be in it.

I swear I heard somewhere there was gonna be 2 patches, maybe one soon on it's way.

Judah the Lion

01-12-2010

Great patch.