Feature Request: Shift Click Move Queing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

typhoid fever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

In many other RTS games, shift + clicking allows a player to que up several actions and for any given unit. This allows a player to produce more useful actions in total and therefore the macro and micro of any given player increases. The que can be broken by simply performing a regular click action without shift.

Even though the player in Lol only controls one unit, this would still be very useful. Not only so, but especially in the top 500 I'm sure this feature could make the games even more interesting. I feel this simple feature is essential to improving the control players have over their heroes.

typhoid fever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

So no one thought this was a good idea? Very quiet in here.

Demandred

01-12-2010

Just a guess, but this will most likely be added-- It's just that there are many other things for them to do-- namely everything that all the whiners on this forum won't let them forget (not that they would. Good idea, and see you ingame!

Ganthorn

01-12-2010

Being able to micro how your guy is going to move through the jungle ahead of time would be nice instead of clicking farther away and having your guy walk a ****py way or having to manually steer him the entire time. Would allow you to setup a decent path and then look at the map for missing heroes etc.

McComb

01-12-2010

As you said ther's 1 unit to control in Lol.So what do you want to do while your champion is performing his queued action?

coel

01-12-2010

Riot still thinks this is a MOBA not RTS. So all things we have grown to love in the Dota-like games and RTS's are missing and most likely wont make an appearance. :'(

Others on this list:

denies- available in ALL RTS games

better control of multiple units- this is obvious, the alt+click is pretty clumsy and limits the potential of hero possibilities and items in general

shared control- help soraka/lich do her job since the icons at the left side of screen are a)too small and b) do not update often enough c) there isn't always enough time to go "SORAKA/LICH CAST YOUR ULT"

rally points- shift click from spawn or from tp anyone? This has kind of already been discussed

Can't think of any more right now. Those are just off the top of my head.

coel

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickenjal View Post
As you said ther's 1 unit to control in Lol.So what do you want to do while your champion is performing his queued action?
watch fights/ team positioning on the other side of the map

check people's health if you are soraka/lich/ashe to save/kill someone

more time to watch minimap

not have terrible pathing make you run a terrible way

talk strat with our team

queue up attacks, spells, etc

have time to control your clone or tibbers

the list goes on.... this is a good feature... don't worry you don't have to use it, and surely the majority of the Lol population would go on being oblivious to the minimap, and all the other things I listed.

typhoid fever

01-12-2010

Thank you for your support, this really would significantly alter the game in a positive way!

TerranMarine

01-12-2010

another use is for burst casting all your spells. dont know how many kills i missed with veigar because i clicked too fast and missed throwing my ult

Kajax

01-12-2010

One situation I see this being awesome in is as Kat, queuing up you shunpo-ult for maximum ult time. Things like that sounds great.