Can Trist beat Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morteth

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
a good tristana beats a good teemo. they key is farming better.
Yeah, for the most part I agree. If you are laning against a teemo and you are tristana, focus on your advantages which is your superior farming ability. Otherwise, I have a feeling teemo can eat you up pretty quickly; not to mention his blind hurts when you are getting ganked.

WesleyC

01-12-2010

I used to have some trouble laning with Trist but not any more. I think the key is starting with Boots and 3 Health pots.

The extra mobility on top of your massive range makes all the difference.

Premonitious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

In a battle of Trist vs Teemo is goes down alot to item and spell combinations (assuming both players are of equal skill). Firstly, Trist's range does matter. Against a good player who has higher range Teemo will never be able to counter-harass. The Trist player won't even have to use rocket jump to back off.

That said Teemo can initiate his own harasses with his invisibility and just by surprising the Trist player (no chance of hitting her with traps if she gets wards or oracles).

Secondly Teemo's blind will be utterly negated by a cleanse. I always get it when I go any dps because a good disable is the ultimate counter to them.

So really Trist has a natural advantage against Teemo except for the fact that the cd on blind is lower than that of cleanse :-P

Vermifax

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synxxx View Post
You shouldn't have any problems keeping him under control. You outrange him, so harassing him is easy; and he doesn't have any escapes; so he'll need to either play defensively or die.
The lvl 1 bonus is not significant, it gets better as you level, but at the initial laning phase it doesn't help enough vs teemo. Teemo's farming via poisoning multiple creeps in the wave is just as effective as early levels of explosive.

As far as cleansing the blind, that is why teemo should have exhaust.

I don't see trist as having an advantage. They're pretty evenly matched and unless the teemo is AP (god forbid) it will turn out as who has the better laning skill.

Kersei

01-12-2010

I don't get the question, there are different goals during laning: are you talking about last hitting, or going for the kill, etc - and specifically, even in the early game there are different phases.

Fannypak

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post
^This.

Tristana is, hands down, the best harrasser in the game. She has more range than any other character, in terms of auto-attacking.

If they try to be aggressive and kill you, make them pay for it with Rocket Jump + CANNON2FACE Buster Shot. Not to mention she has the healing reduction Explosion Shot..which will make any regen they do moot.

This is false. Tristana doesnt out range Anivia, Annie, or Ashe until ~level 10 or so. Her range scales with her level, and during the laning phase, she has fairly normla range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermifax View Post
The lvl 1 bonus is not significant, it gets better as you level, but at the initial laning phase it doesn't help enough vs teemo. Teemo's farming via poisoning multiple creeps in the wave is just as effective as early levels of explosive.
Also of note, Tristana does not get a range increase at level one.

MeanBean

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteth View Post
A good teemo will beat a good tristana. Although tristana's range is longer, it isn't by much. Teemo can quickly run into range which takes 1/10th of a second and auto-attack, blind and continue auto attacking until he feels the need to get out of tristana's range. Rinse and repeat and you have tristana aiming blindly while her health goes down through his abrasive tactics. Give it a minute and you will either be out of mana from jumping out of his way, or low in health from trying to take his damage.

All applies before level 6 of course.
This wont happen to a good trist, though. Generally its the Trist trying to get close to the Teemo to trade blows with exploding shot DoT against blind then backing off. Which will leave teemo low enough for a quick kill at level 3-4 from a rocket-jump + exploding shot.

Most people dont understand that Trist is played like a caster when she goes for a kill during laning. At 6 she can burst you for 5-600 damage, not counting autoattacks.

Basilisk9466

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteth View Post
A good teemo will beat a good tristana. Although tristana's range is longer, it isn't by much. Teemo can quickly run into range which takes 1/10th of a second and auto-attack, blind and continue auto attacking until he feels the need to get out of tristana's range. Rinse and repeat and you have tristana aiming blindly while her health goes down through his abrasive tactics. Give it a minute and you will either be out of mana from jumping out of his way, or low in health from trying to take his damage.

All applies before level 6 of course.
This, kids, is a perfect example of what you don't do. The reasoning behind it is also the reason why you don't see many good Tristanas.

Quote:
Most people dont understand that Trist is played like a caster when she goes for a kill during laning. At 6 she can burst you for 5-600 damage, not counting autoattacks.
This. Her early game is caster based, her midgame sucks, and her lategame is right-click-win. Early on, Teemo's blind and poison make him formidable as a solo opponent - apart from maybe Fiddlesticks, I'd definitely classify him as the second best harasser and solo mid. Later on, that advantage is reduced to Blind only - apart from that, a DPS Teemo is inferior in capability to Trist.

MeanBean

01-13-2010

In fact, the only champs I have issue with when soloing mid is Corki. Im suspecting its because Im simply not used to facing him, but yesterday I was humiliated. He simply has too much burst/harrass.

As for starting items when soloing, I will suggest dorans shield IF you expect to be facing a caster in mid like annie, veigar or annivia. You can go for a kill against these only if you can survive their triple spellcombos, so starting with only lifesteal in this matchup is dangerous.

Purutzil

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synxxx View Post
You shouldn't have any problems keeping him under control. You outrange him, so harassing him is easy; and he doesn't have any escapes; so he'll need to either play defensively or die.
Nope he just has a Sprint, Mushrooms to slow, and a stealth. No escapes at all.