[Guide] Nasty Nidalee - Top Tier AD Build

12345612 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flankd

The Council

01-09-2010

Kijik, yeah I need to clean the guide up... I made it last night while I was really tired so it's definately unfinished, i'm also thinking about putting a couple fraps'd clips into the video.

Gandalf, I never said anything was wrong w/ AP Nidalee... i've seen good ones too.. I guess I just prefer AD Nidalee... idk maybe I need to play AP Nidalee more.

Basilisk9466, Honestly going Phage before sheen is a mistake anyway you look at it if you ask me... i'm pretty sure the general population will agree with me. The extra mana pool is just too good early game, not to mention it adds a little burst. Also I don't feel Nidalee needs a Frozen Mallet... she already has very little problem chasing down most enemy champions. I don't think i'd ever get Frozen Mallet on her... if I wanted to be tankier I'd get Trinity + Banshee's probably.

K brb breakfest.

Gandalf 007

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankd View Post
Gandalf, I never said anything was wrong w/ AP Nidalee... i've seen good ones too.. I guess I just prefer AD Nidalee... idk maybe I need to play AP Nidalee more.
Likewise, maybe I just need to play AD more

Basilisk9466

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankd View Post
Basilisk9466, Honestly going Phage before sheen is a mistake anyway you look at it if you ask me... i'm pretty sure the general population will agree with me. The extra mana pool is just too good early game, not to mention it adds a little burst. Also I don't feel Nidalee needs a Frozen Mallet... she already has very little problem chasing down most enemy champions. I don't think i'd ever get Frozen Mallet on her... if I wanted to be tankier I'd get Trinity + Banshee's probably.
I've toyed with straight Trinity, ignoring Frozen, and the difference is noticeable. The ability to shift to human, slow a target (guarunteed, no skillshots, no anything) with an autoattack, then switch back to finish is very nice.

As for Phage before Sheen, it does slow your progression a little, but frankly, against the vast majority of champs you'll be laning against (unless it's a really horrible combo), you don't even need Sheen to start killing. The extra health, damage and slow provides consistent help to both forms. I take your point about the mana, though.

The thing about Nidalee is that she's not a hard carry. Items certainly boost her (particularly Sheen, of course), but she doesn't rely solely on them as Twitch and Tristana might. Her base abilities can tear opponents apart quite quickly without boosts - I don't know of any other character that's quite so dangerous at lvl 6. So I think you can make a valid argument for both. On the same argument, I think that the extra health of Frozen is very valuable, as you're not quite so critically reliant on damage items as, say, Ashe. I can remember one match where I outdid the Twitch on our team with rushed Frozen and a Banshees, with very few deaths and utterly dominating the opposing Niddy.

AFKray

01-09-2010

So I got a quick question Flankd, what summoner skills do you go? I'm personally rocking Exhaust/Ghost right now and going AD. Now i'm not doing too well, but I attribute that to it being my first 3 games as her and well, I took a month break from the game. Anywho, I definitely agree with the style you use, and switching in and out to heal reminds me of how much I hate druids in WoW. However, what summoner spells do you normally go?

flankd

The Council

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFKush View Post
So I got a quick question Flankd, what summoner skills do you go? I'm personally rocking Exhaust/Ghost right now and going AD. Now i'm not doing too well, but I attribute that to it being my first 3 games as her and well, I took a month break from the game. Anywho, I definitely agree with the style you use, and switching in and out to heal reminds me of how much I hate druids in WoW. However, what summoner spells do you normally go?
Haha thanks, Yeah I was tired when I wrote it I knew I forgot something, I still need to do a lot of editing, but yeah I just updated it w/ Summoner Spells. Thanks for the feedback.

flankd

The Council

01-10-2010

I'll be updating it more this evening.

Ataraxy

01-10-2010

Seems like a great guide so far! Keep up the good work I can't wait to try it out!

Jigsaw

01-10-2010

bumping because i can!

NeoIllusions

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

01-10-2010

Tell flankd to stop pouncing.
Cat is too imba.

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

Too many people forget how much damage she can put out with just ranged auto attacks as AD. 500-700 crits with her insane attack speed in human form is devastating while you're waiting for spells to go off so you can switch to cougar.

12345612 ... 38