ashe infinity edge x2 ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

01-09-2010

Infinity Edge is the only item in the game besides Atma's Impaler that gives both Critical Hit Chance and Damage. As Atma's Impaler would be an odd choice for the squishy Ashe, you COULD make an argument for a second IE. However, Phantom Dancer gives a much bigger boost to your sustained DPS (giving a ton of attack speed and the highest single-item crit chance in the game), while Bloodthirster and Black Cleaver are much more cost-efficient ways to improve her guaranteed-crit burst damage.

Ennbeard

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
I've seen a few gangplanks stack Infinity edges, kinda makes sense too because I believe it's the only high-tier damage+crit item in the game right now.
Eh, still not that great an idea. A bloodthirster or Cleaver adds more static damage, or if you need crit chance there are other alternatives.

IE is 4080. I'm sure there's something you can cook up that's cheaper.

Solus

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroN7 View Post
Eh, still not that great an idea. A bloodthirster or Cleaver adds more static damage, or if you need crit chance there are other alternatives.

IE is 4080. I'm sure there's something you can cook up that's cheaper.
Bloodthirster is 20 more attack damage higher(Max stacks). Cleaver has even less attack damage than IE. The thing with gangplank is that you never auto attack with him. You just dance around until you can shoot someone in the face again. 4 IEs, sorceror boots, and a sword of the occult is 90% increased crit damage, 360 attack damage~ and 88% crit(Without runes).

The problem with cleaver is his parrley is magic damage, so armor reduction doesn't help anything but his auto attack.

The problem with Bloodthirster is it provides no crit%.

The problem with Phantom Dancer is that it provides no damage.

Not that I'm saying 4x IEs is the end all be all build, but it's extremely attractive for a parrley pirate, as it provides everything he can possibly need. The only item I can think of that would warrant replacing an IE for a parrley pirate is Void staff incase they get a lot of magic res.

Basilisk9466

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4rdcor3 View Post
Ashe's passive is pretty weak. It only affects the first target you hit and then you have to wait 3 seconds for the crit chance to start building up again. Getting an item to work with her passive really wastes a lot of Ashe's potential. I would much rather have a black cleaver to help team mates slice through champions.
Which is a perfect reason not to stack high damage items - waitwhat?

Ashe is not a DPS carry. Pretty much every Ashe that I've seen that tries to operate like that didn't exactly feed, but was never particularly scary. She merely slowed me/stunned me to the point where her teammates could finish the job.

Consider this. It'd be a very long-term build, but I'm exaggerating to make a point.

Infinity Edge, 2 Bloodthirsters, Last Whisper, Sheen, Sorceror's Boots, crit damage runes.

Get your crit to 100%.

Find target.

Ult - stuns, deals 625 damage.
Autoattack - nearly 1300 damage.
Volley - 480 damage.
Autoattack - 500 damage (1300 if you crit, which you have a 33% chance of doing).

You just dealt nearly 3-4000 damage in maybe 4s to a lone target, regaining up to 1300 health in the process.

Take out Last Whisper and a Bloodthirster, to take it down to a more reasonable cost (10k, easy if you get some serious farming with volley and bounty in), and we get

Ult - 625
Autoattack - 925 damage
Volley - 355 damage
Autoattack - 375 (925 on 33% chance crit)

2-3k damage in 4s.

Wow, I may have just convinced myself to go buy Ashe <_<

Still say it's a weak passive?

GENERAL NUTBAKED

01-09-2010

I havent played ashe in ages but when i do, I typically rush B.F. sword while starting out with long sword and a health pot, and when get boots 1, black cleaver, either swiftness of greaves depending on how I feel, and then start rushing infinity edge.

After that, I start building phantom dancer/last whisper. I tend to try to hit as hard as possible because I find that all of early/mid game is just me playing chasing games with opponents, which means the ability to hit super hard > ability to hit super fast. Late game, when I have a last whisper ready and a phantom dancer being built, I find myself needing the attack speed, as its more about team fights then.

Tornsoul

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
Thus is a perfectly decent passive wasted.

Ashe sucks as a DPS carry. She's support and burst (from guarunteed crits and abilities). If you want sustained DPS, play Teemo (who has blind and poison to back up his damage) or Tristana (Rapid fire, 'nuff said). A well played Ashe can ruin my day - but unless she has a big level/gold advantage, not solo.

You sir obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I generally get plenty of killing spree's using the items I mentioned. Ashe's passive affects the FIRST attack you do and thats it, so in a team fight your going to try to mow one guy down then what? One person on each team always gets bursted first.

You take your stacked damage and try killing a 4k hp malphite I can gurantee he will probably laugh at your pea shooters and just kill you unless you can run away. Meanwhile I can stand there he can try to toe to toe me and I will still kill him...

Wait what? Yes he will die, because sure maybe my damage is only 220-240ish but when I have 2.1 or so attack speed, ignoring 40% of his armor and have a bloodrazor, "if he has 3k hp 4% on bloodrazor is 160 extra damage a shot, two shots a second thats 320 just from bloodrazor" add in my regular attack damage of 220 thats 420 for both attacks, subtract armor minus last whisper so lets call that in the ballpark of 30% reduction still and he is taking 600+ a second? And that is a fully geared tank.

Ashe is a soft carry she isnt Yi, or Jax she doesnt get in there and destroy the whole team by herself, so I let my team go after their targets, I mow down the tank then play cleanup. Its really the best role for ashe IMO. So dont try to tell me about how such and such is bad when you dont even know how her passive works.

Also for us smart people. If you stack attack speed on ashe guess what! Nobody can run away from you, even if they have cleanse as soon as they cast it they are already frozen again, they either need to flash over a wall or have ghost.

It will last for the first shot in a team battle and maybe a shot later chasing a running.

ImmaRobotLOL

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
Which is a perfect reason not to stack high damage items - waitwhat?

Ashe is not a DPS carry. Pretty much every Ashe that I've seen that tries to operate like that didn't exactly feed, but was never particularly scary. She merely slowed me/stunned me to the point where her teammates could finish the job.

Consider this. It'd be a very long-term build, but I'm exaggerating to make a point.

Infinity Edge, 2 Bloodthirsters, Last Whisper, Sheen, Sorceror's Boots, crit damage runes.

Get your crit to 100%.

Find target.

Ult - stuns, deals 625 damage.
Autoattack - nearly 1300 damage.
Volley - 480 damage.
Autoattack - 500 damage (1300 if you crit, which you have a 33% chance of doing).

You just dealt nearly 3-4000 damage in maybe 4s to a lone target, regaining up to 1300 health in the process.

Take out Last Whisper and a Bloodthirster, to take it down to a more reasonable cost (10k, easy if you get some serious farming with volley and bounty in), and we get

Ult - 625
Autoattack - 925 damage
Volley - 355 damage
Autoattack - 375 (925 on 33% chance crit)

2-3k damage in 4s.

Wow, I may have just convinced myself to go buy Ashe <_<

Still say it's a weak passive?

Wow this is a long game

Basilisk9466

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornsoul View Post
You sir obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I generally get plenty of killing spree's using the items I mentioned. Ashe's passive affects the FIRST attack you do and thats it, so in a team fight your going to try to mow one guy down then what? One person on each team always gets bursted first.

You take your stacked damage and try killing a 4k hp malphite I can gurantee he will probably laugh at your pea shooters and just kill you unless you can run away. Meanwhile I can stand there he can try to toe to toe me and I will still kill him...

Wait what? Yes he will die, because sure maybe my damage is only 220-240ish but when I have 2.1 or so attack speed, ignoring 40% of his armor and have a bloodrazor, "if he has 3k hp 4% on bloodrazor is 160 extra damage a shot, two shots a second thats 320 just from bloodrazor" add in my regular attack damage of 220 thats 420 for both attacks, subtract armor minus last whisper so lets call that in the ballpark of 30% reduction still and he is taking 600+ a second? And that is a fully geared tank.

Ashe is a soft carry she isnt Yi, or Jax she doesnt get in there and destroy the whole team by herself, so I let my team go after their targets, I mow down the tank then play cleanup. Its really the best role for ashe IMO. So dont try to tell me about how such and such is bad when you dont even know how her passive works.

Also for us smart people. If you stack attack speed on ashe guess what! Nobody can run away from you, even if they have cleanse as soon as they cast it they are already frozen again, they either need to flash over a wall or have ghost.

It will last for the first shot in a team battle and maybe a shot later chasing a running.
And yet putting the same items on Teemo or Tristana and going against them, you'll lose unless you use your ult to stun (cleanse!), while they won't need theirs.

I'm not saying you can't play her like that, as obviously you can. I'm simply pointing out that she is outclassed (Trist just plain outdamages you, Teemo blinds and poisons). There is nothing Ashe has that specifically aids being DPS over burst. You can load up Last Whisper, Black Cleaver and whatever on any ranged champ and your results won't be too different, except you have a built-in slow and a little more attack speed than a caster. And a caster could probably even it out with nukes.

All right, now I'm being silly, but my original point (that she's not the best in the category) stands.

On the other hand, stacking raw damage helps Volley and improves that initial shot. Improved attack speed giving your slow a boost I'll give you - but I wouldn't call that reason enough to head purely in that route. At higher levels, Volley has such a ridiculously short cooldown that it's a viable backup slow.

ZGBudai

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
The reason why is because a lot of Ashe players are bad.
The thread should've ended here.

bobthegood

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBudai View Post
The thread should've ended here.
I sadly say, "you are correct sir!"