Only going to make fantasy champions..? Why not other time periods..?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Everborn

Senior Member

12-22-2010

I always thought a couple of champions NOT from fantasy backrounds would be cool, why not? Why not an army ranger with a M16 or something? id be cool. Why not have tons of champions from all different backrounds & time periods. Special Forces Ranger & so on.. stuff like that, anyone agree this would be a cool addon? They should release them in packs... present day pack...future space pack & so on. I dont think the downvotes are needed.. I think its a good convo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

12-22-2010

That wouldn't make sense


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Layotees

Senior Member

12-22-2010

Because they care at least a little bit about the lore?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Braains

Recruiter

12-22-2010

Space marine hero NAO!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rashok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everborn View Post
I always thought a couple of champions NOT from fantasy backrounds would be cool, why not? Why not an army ranger with a M16 or something? id be cool. Why not have tons of champions from all different backrounds & time periods. Special Forces Ranger & so on.. stuff like that, anyone agree this would be a cool addon? They should release them in packs... present day pack...future space pack & so on.
I think the new champ, Caitlyn, is going to be steampunk and have a sniper rifle. Close enough?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

12-22-2010

basically, its the same reason they don't put medieval knights in Halo
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanadel

Senior Member

12-22-2010

While we are at it they should add copyrighted material like Pikachu and Naruto.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Everborn

Senior Member

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
basically, its the same reason they don't put medieval knights in Halo
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
I dont see it as the same, thats a bit different..that has alot of story line in the game and that just wouldnt fit. there isnt to much story to this game..it would work & fit I think. Each champion has there own story in this game & its just a pvp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everborn View Post
I dont see it as the same, thats a bit different..that has alot of story line in the game and that just wouldnt fit. there isnt to much story to this game..it would work & fit I think. Each champion has there own story in this game & its just a pvp.
There's a lot of story in this game
You're just not paying attention


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Sloth MD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
basically, its the same reason they don't put medieval knights in Halo
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
You have clearly never seen Heroscape, which coincidentally is also about summoning various heroic beings to fight for you. Difference is, they don't give two ****s whether they're from the same time period, and that's what makes it awesome.

Who doesn't want to battle dinosaurs vs. robots vs. zombie dogs vs. Drow? Suckas, that's who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
There's a lot of story in this game
You're just not paying attention
The story is completely irrelevant to the game itself, all the lore is just an excuse to say why we've got snake ladies and tiny girls with demonic teddy bears duking it out. You can have champions from factions that are sworn enemies on the same team, that should tell you how important the "story" is.