Hero for a noob

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yana

01-07-2010

Check out Nunu. Tanky, and does a bit of everything, with a great AoE disable / damage ult. As a bonus, he's 450 or so (I think). He also lanes very well, since he gets spells for free with his passive.

Kelin

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yana View Post
Check out Nunu. Tanky, and does a bit of everything, with a great AoE disable / damage ult. As a bonus, he's 450 or so (I think). He also lanes very well, since he gets spells for free with his passive.
You didn't read the first post did you?

Still, it's normal to struggle with heroes @ start. Nunu IS a great hero to start out. The problems you state (placing his ultimate) will occur with almost every hero you play. Sure some are a bit harder because they lend themselves only for specific play but general rule in this game is: You need to play a hero quite a few times, sucking hard, before you understand what defines a hero.

mullsork

01-07-2010

If you pick Blitzcrank prepare yourself to be raged at if you miss a hook that your teammates think you should've hit. Noone seems to understand how much of a skillshot it really is when your opponents are consciously trying to avoid it.

But on the other hand I think you'll find Blitz is a lot of fun. I go with the same build all the time: mana crystal (400g) + 2 pots -> sheen (wards if I can afford) -> mercury boots -> Trinity Force. Usually when you've got your triforce the game is already decided.

Anyways you'll find that Blitz is a lot of fun, and an asset to ANY team. He doubles as a tank/stunner/chaserpuller/aoedmg (his active ulti is no joke). Here's a tip if you DO start playing him. If your team is pushing their inhib tower but can't quite get in there because of some hero, try this:

Bring a sight ward, you can place it OVER the wall to their base, from outside their base! Just make sure you don't place it so their tower will see it. Your opponents have to either hug their tower (and that's where they are most vulnerable), or they're pulled out and your free to bring their tower down.

Enough ranting I guess, too bad he's 6300 IP! He's worth the save though.

Istarune

01-07-2010

Well you get some new heroes each week to mess with, one of the ones this week is Alistar, and he's a king of survival.

Give the free ones a shot, figure out what about each one you like and what you don't, then look for similarities in other heroes and look at them.

Synxxx

01-07-2010

Really Really Really Easy Champions

Ranged

Sivir (450)
Ashe (450)
Twitch (6300)

Melee DPS
Udyr (3150)
Master Yi (450)
Sion (1350)

Mages
Ryze (1350)
Annie (1350)
Fiddlesticks (1350)

Tanks
Dr. Mundo (1350)
Kayle (450)
Nunu (450)

Pick any of these, grab a random guide, and you should be golden.

gun fu panda

01-07-2010

I'd like to chime in. As a new player, Taric is really good. I like support characters generally, and Taric is pretty straightforward at being an asset to the team. As a new player, I'd recommend not picking a character who others expect to be awesome at (Ashe, Kayle, Twitch, Yi, Trynd). Stick with someone fairly straightforward. Ryze, Taric, Soraka, and Nunu seem to be pretty newbie friendly.

Basilisk9466

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synxxx View Post
Really Really Really Easy Champions

Ranged

Sivir (450)
Ashe (450)
Twitch (6300)

Melee DPS
Udyr (3150)
Master Yi (450)
Sion (1350)

Mages
Ryze (1350)
Annie (1350)
Fiddlesticks (1350)

Tanks
Dr. Mundo (1350)
Kayle (450)
Nunu (450)

Pick any of these, grab a random guide, and you should be golden.
I disagree with about half that list...

Ashe is bizarrely, obscenely overrated. Her damage is subpar for a carry, her abilities take practice, and apart from her low price, I don't recommend her.
Sivir is not the easiest, as she needs some clever timing, but she's reasonable, I guess.
Twitch... no. Please do not spread this myth. An inexperienced Twitch feeds like nothing else. He himself isn't that hard, but you need to know every mutagenise trick, every champ, every inch of the map.

Udyr I have real doubts about. He has a weird set of build requirements.

Mages are ok, but in not sure I'd call Kayle 'easy'.

Tristana and Teemo are far easier to play than the carries there, and they scale well with skill.

Cooldude1234

01-07-2010

I would say Nunu he's cheap to buy and really easy to use. He's got a heal so if you are lanning against a ranged you should be ok. All his skills are easy to use as well.

DeathSheeps

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Alistar is a nice tank to use. The fact that he has a stun, push, and heal give you enough chances to help gank as well as escape when you need to. Combine that with spells like Ghost and Flash, catching up or outrunning people becomes alot easier.

I also believe that he is in this weeks rotation if I'm not mistaken.

DeathSheeps

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelin View Post
You didn't read the first post did you?

Still, it's normal to struggle with heroes @ start. Nunu IS a great hero to start out. The problems you state (placing his ultimate) will occur with almost every hero you play. Sure some are a bit harder because they lend themselves only for specific play but general rule in this game is: You need to play a hero quite a few times, sucking hard, before you understand what defines a hero.
Agreed. Nunu isn't always an easy character. He is a great support and gank, when played right. His ult, **** well combined with a stun it works great. Blood Boil as works as a nice boost to a pusher