Anti-Friend List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King K Rool

01-05-2010

I would like to be able to put certain players on a list that allows me to never play with them again.

You could make it so that you had to attach reasons as well and if someone received enormous amounts of negative feedback well maybe something could be done.

bobthegood

01-06-2010

That's a great idea! Let me add you as an anti-friend.

See the problem with that?

GNOY

01-06-2010

A good decision would be to allow banning in the way that you CAN play VS banned ppl, but never WITH them. This way you cant abuse this to dodge good players, but you can avoid terrible people joining your team.

Kuru

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
A good decision would be to allow banning in the way that you CAN play VS banned ppl, but never WITH them. This way you cant abuse this to dodge good players, but you can avoid terrible people joining your team.
I generally put people on ignore that are ridiculously terrible, or extremely offensive/racist etc. In the latter case, they will continue to behave as they did when they were put on ignore regardless of what team they are on, so the problem really would not be solved. Additionally, while it is always bad to have someone on your team who has poor map awareness, always misses skill shots, never buys oracles/wards against stealth heroes etc, for the sake of competition it is equally bad to have them on the opposing team.

I understand wanting to discourage abusing this to queue dodge when facing good opponents, but if someone is really bent on playing against only bad players then I say let them. The fact that they will never improve their gameplay should be punishment enough, as well as the likelihood of them being constantly ridiculed by upper tier players if they manage to get into the upper elo's by doing so.

Lovely Dolphin

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru View Post
I understand wanting to discourage abusing this to queue dodge when facing good opponents, but if someone is really bent on playing against only bad players then I say let them. The fact that they will never improve their gameplay should be punishment enough, as well the likelihood of them being constantly ridiculed by upper tier players if they manage to get into the upper elo's by doing so.
It will not make u face only bad player,if more ppl have more bads on ignore list means that less bads get on teams either side

Brokroma

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Dolphin View Post
It will not make u face only bad player,if more ppl have more bads on ignore list means that less bads get on teams either side
...What?

Kuru

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Dolphin View Post
Agreed. That second paragraph was more towards queue dodging by say, putting good players on your friend's list, and then if you see them in champion select at the same time that you are hitting alt f4 so you don't have to possibly play them. Regardless of whether they implement an ignore feature that allows you to only play against people on your ignore, queue dodging as mentioned above could still be done, which is partly why I don't see the point of making this feature so that it only restricts those you play with.

If an ignore system simply made it so you didn't see them on your, or the opposing team, then you wouldn't have to deal with feeders on either side, hopefully increasing the overall competitiveness for you.

Kuru

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokroma View Post
...What?
I think dolphin was pointing towards how if someone is really bad, it is likely that not only you, but many of the people you are to potentially play against would have them on their ignore lists. So if a system were to only make people on you ignore list not on your team, the fact that many other people are likely to have them on their ignore lists as well means statistically you are less likely to see them on the opposing side.

Feel free to correct me here dolphin.

Brokroma

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru View Post
I think dolphin was pointing towards how if someone is really bad, it is likely that not only you, but many of the people you are to potentially play against would have them on their ignore lists. So if a system were to only make people on you ignore list not on your team, the fact that many other people are likely to have them on their ignore lists as well means statistically you are less likely to see them on the opposing side.

Feel free to correct me here dolphin.
Ah, alright. That makes sense.

I feel that there'd also be quite a few instances where people have so many on their ignore list that a team could be actively deprived of possibly good players just because they insulted some scrub player who put them on their ignore list.

Like, if some scrub ignored 500 great players, that's going to hamper the rest of their team.

King K Rool

01-06-2010

Ya i see the possible negative consequences.

I only posted in the first place because lately have played with a couple people who feed intentionally if you do not follow their exact instructions on how to play, or if you do not successfully 1 shot/disable opposing team to save them. This is by bad players who think they are good not good players being negative.

I would really like a way to punish intentional feeders. Maybe a vote kick system involving both teams because intentional feeders ruin the game for both teams.