How many matches are completely one sided?

All (>90%) 37 19.79%
Most (>70%) 114 60.96%
Some (>30%) 34 18.18%
None (>0%) 2 1.07%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Most matches are completely one-sided beatdowns.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightRiderJ

01-04-2010

I agree with this...tbh tonight I feelt bored of Lol because of this...

my first game:
IDK the levels but it was just OK game we won by a noticable difference, but it wasnt that hard nor a slaughter.

my second game:
we got slaughtered, mainly because their team had two people lvl 26 while we had two 16 and even one lvl 6 who fed like if there was no tomorrow, IDK the other levels but you can clearly see teams arnt paired quite fair...

just about every 2-3 days I get an intense even game, seriously.

CaptainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

I think the problem is new players are put on teams with good players. The good players carry, and the losing team complains.

Matchmaking is 100% ****ed.

Say you have a team of 4 lvl 30s and a lvl 5.

Against a team of 5 lvl 20s. Because of the lvl 5, the first team very well may lose. Even if the other 4 are professionals.

In my opinion lvl 10 and below should never be in a match with anyone over level 10 (unless pre-made)

Nobody in 11-20 should be in a match with anyone outside of that.

And nobody 21-30 should be in a match with anyone below 21 unless pre-made of course.

At least the worst level 21-30 would know how to play well enough, so that they aren't completely horrible.

I'm not exactly sure how matchmaking is done, but in my last game there were 2 lvl 11s and I'm a lvl 30, it just didn't seem fair that I was against them, they did very blaitant rooky mistakes.

Heat n Serve

01-04-2010

All these scores you are posting don't mean a whole lot b/c scores can be easily inflated.

Example: one team is clearly able to win, but doesn't push, drags out the game so that 4 more team battles take place and the other team wipes all 4 times... that's an extra 20 kill difference all b/c one team didn't go for the quick win.

This is why scores are not used in the matchmaking rating system. Zileas has posted on this subject multiple times.

As it turns out, math PhD's are pretty smart people, and without a doubt will make a better rating system than you ever could. That's why Riot is paying them and not you.

Bálefyre

01-04-2010

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3915/73492153.png
^
|
tell me where this is justified? no one on my team was above lvl 10.

NightRiderJ

01-07-2010

this needs to be looked on just got my ass kicked again and check out my team and their's lvls

mine: 5/7/16/24/25

theirs: 22/23/25/29/30

I mean is it that hard to just shuffle the teams so both got an equal quantity of low levels, mid levels and high levels? is it that hard for a lvl 5 an 30 be on one team while the lvl 7 and the lvl 29 be on the other?

this is very messed up and NEEDS to be looked on by riot so badly.

UrsaMinor

01-08-2010

I have to agree about this topic, but even with noobs on my team I will still win. While leveling up from 1-20 my ration was like little above 1:1, but after level 20 I started to win a lot more than before. Some games are very even for 20 minutes until someone on either side messes up and a carry kills everyone in a single fight.

edit: I think matchmaking is flawed because of premades. If you play with a friend at a low level, you will be set up with highers levels on both teams. Sometimes it even sets me up with a 2-3 person premade on my team, and a 4-5 person premade on the other team. Those games are the ones when I lose horribly.

Shadowglyph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2010

Most broken matchmaking system ever. Try the one one Quake Live, it works really well. Gives you a 10 minute test to gauge your abilities then GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO PICK FROM 3 OTHER SERVERS with other people around your level.

In this game I don't even know what level or skill the other people on my team are...its a complete mystery, until about 5 minutes into the game when one of them dies. And dies again, and again, and again..and im like..how did this happen?

I have a folder with 30 game screenshots in it of failed matchmakes. I love LoL but if this continues i'll need to go back to dota.

CMON RIOT FIX THE BUG PLEASE WE HAVE FAITH!

Borommakot

01-08-2010

Its because the matchmaking is based on you win to loss ratio and where ever your queing with partners or teams. This leads to a lot of dead weight players being placed way up in the bracket. My win/loss ratio is currently about 2 losses to every win but I usually dominate every game even if I lose because most games I play with really low levels or just plain dumb players. They need to either take player level into account in their grand calculation or divide it up into level brackets like mentioned above in this thread. I think it would severely cut back on the amount of landslide games.

inhiarashi

01-08-2010

i die or they die. by alot usually

SonaOnly

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainT View Post
I think the problem is new players are put on teams with good players. The good players carry, and the losing team complains.

Matchmaking is 100% ****ed.

Say you have a team of 4 lvl 30s and a lvl 5.

Against a team of 5 lvl 20s. Because of the lvl 5, the first team very well may lose. Even if the other 4 are professionals.

In my opinion lvl 10 and below should never be in a match with anyone over level 10 (unless pre-made)

Nobody in 11-20 should be in a match with anyone outside of that.

And nobody 21-30 should be in a match with anyone below 21 unless pre-made of course.

At least the worst level 21-30 would know how to play well enough, so that they aren't completely horrible.

I'm not exactly sure how matchmaking is done, but in my last game there were 2 lvl 11s and I'm a lvl 30, it just didn't seem fair that I was against them, they did very blaitant rooky mistakes.
Theres a large topic about matchmaking explained by Riot read up on it because people posting here obviously are confused and don't know what to blame so they just blame the entire matchmaking system as a single system.

The ratings are not level based you are matched based on your Elo (Skill) rating. If there is a level 5 in the match its because they somehow managed to reach/show the same skill as the 25/30's in the matches. Instead of blaming the matchmaking system blame the Elo rating system that assigns scores because the matchmaking is doing its job and pairing people together with about the same skill and attempting to make it 50/50 odds on either side.