Where Has IronStylus And Grumpy Monkey Been? I Miss Them

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2nd Chance

06-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Chance View Post
I may ask, is there any news on kennen, malphite or alistar ironstylus using parrot friend of mine?
Well sonva gun, I guessed right asking this o-elll ali has a new skin comin'...

captain buggyy

06-04-2014

just wanna say hi to Grumpy Monkey.

Guiotine

06-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobeat View Post
edit 2: or mafia teemo "you mess with me and u get the shrooms"
Riot pls

Name:  reborn.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  7.3 KB

Colonel J

06-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumachi View Post
You make women in armor really wonderfully so she'd be in great hands if she ever got a VU.
Nice joek.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-04-2014
18 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekekioshima View Post
Well i'm pretty new to knowing riot employees but since everyone is greeting them, here's my greeting "What up!"

With that being said, How you guys been doing lately(personal life, not work life)?
The next question will be what's your next project you guys are excited to show us?
Welp, I'll echo what Josh was saying. Things have been busy, especially since PAX East. Relaunch, now called Champion Update has really picked up and our team is chugging along with a decent mandate on the continued improvement of the game from all three angles of character content. It's a very exciting time, one which has it's share of high moments and real challenges.

Personally, things for me have been mixed. My wife recently lost her job and that's been a big punch in the gut for us. Job loss is often coupled with feelings of depression, anxiety and other troubling emotions. It's obviously difficult for the person going through it, but it's also tough for the couple in general.

We're doing our best. My wife is working through a lot of tough emotions right now amidst the job search and I'm trying to help where and when I can. I know what she's gone though, intimately, and we're trudging through as a unit. Things are tough out there in general for a lot of people.

I'm not going to make it out like it's anything worse than what others who've been hit by the general economic downturn have faced. In many, many ways we're very blessed. We have friends, family and mechanisms in place to help us. Support is everything when someone goes through this sort of situation. It's hard to not feel devalued or unsure of one's self when losing a job. Often the psychological effects are just as traumatic as the economic ones.

That said, we're holding in there. I'll be honest. The personal situation with my wife and I has kept me away from the forums in general. Family always comes first. There's a lot that I've been tending to on that front and it's left me with little time and energy to come out here into the community as much.

So yeah. Moving on, wheel keeps turning. Thanks for asking

Rhodyn

06-04-2014

When will Kha'zix get he's newest skin. I have his mecha skin, thats getting old. Look at Lucian, he's already getting a 2nd skin, then look at kha. He came out on 2012 and he hasnt got a skin for 2 years?

Ethann

06-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Welp, I'll echo what Josh was saying. Things have been busy, especially since PAX East. Relaunch, now called Champion Update has really picked up and our team is chugging along with a decent mandate on the continued improvement of the game from all three angles of character content. It's a very exciting time, one which has it's share of high moments and real challenges.

Personally, things for me have been mixed. My wife recently lost her job and that's been a big punch in the gut for us. Job loss is often coupled with feelings of depression, anxiety and other troubling emotions. It's obviously difficult for the person going through it, but it's also tough for the couple in general.

We're doing our best. My wife is working through a lot of tough emotions right now amidst the job search and I'm trying to help where and when I can. I know what she's gone though, intimately, and we're trudging through as a unit. Things are tough out there in general for a lot of people.

I'm not going to make it out like it's anything worse than what others who've been hit by the general economic downturn have faced. In many, many ways we're very blessed. We have friends, family and mechanisms in place to help us. Support is everything when someone goes through this sort of situation. It's hard to not feel devalued or unsure of one's self when losing a job. Often the psychological effects are just as traumatic as the economic ones.

That said, we're holding in there. I'll be honest. The personal situation with my wife and I has kept me away from the forums in general. Family always comes first. There's a lot that I've been tending to on that front and it's left me with little time and energy to come out here into the community as much.

So yeah. Moving on, wheel keeps turning. Thanks for asking
Always good to hear from The Parrot...

but...

Thats tough sir. Hope everything turns out well for you guys!

namielise

06-04-2014

Can we know please if there is any champ who have his VU in advanced stages (a yes or a no would do the trick )because every champ asked about the answer is always "he/she is at early stages" and that goes for:
taric(still really really early)
eve(hard to set a theme for her)
kassadin(not even started i think)
leblanc(one concept is floating around)
irelia(one concept floating around)
morde(slotted MAYBE for next year)
singed(that sculpt was a fan art from grumpy)
mogana(i don't remember anyone responding about her having a VU)
ryze(not even started if i remember correctly)
ww(will not be ready until late this year or next year=still early stages)

i know you guys are doing your best but i just need a yes or no please
PS:keep up the good work that karthus VU is just great (i don't even like karthus'theme or gameplay but i love the VU)

dustwind

Recruiter

06-05-2014

Since the update team is growing, could the team consider spending time on giving the 975 skins some more oomph? I'm not saying create all new effects and animations, "just" change their colour. Karthus for example, has completely new colour schematics for his abilities, and a way that you could have done "traditional" Karthus for his abilities was to make Grim Reaper Karthus have purple/pink/red colours.

The updated models are great, but it starts up the whole skin price debate with 750/975 price again. I think with the exception of Goth Annie, and the Tibbers outfits, all 975 skins from VU champions are 750 quality. They're 975 models, but without the effects, which is what 750 skins are. I get that inconsistencies will happen (the value of 975 skins continues to grow, and ability recolours are being phased out for completely new spell animations where possible), it just seems like there's always going to be a disconnect in terms of the value of updated 975 skins, and their cost. Maybe you could meet with the e-commerce team, and figure out what to do with price changes/extra work to bring them to 975 quality.

Rastamon Ganja

06-05-2014

Will there be an ultimate skin this year? please i have to know so i can make sure i have enough money in my wallet when the time comes to throw it at my screen...