@Riot, Arranged lvl 7s VS. Arranged lvl 30s?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

#1) MM Working as intended.
#2) I smurf a good bit on multiple smurfs with different friends. One player who knows what they're doing can wreck newbie games, let alone 2-3 out of an arranged 5. MM saw you were winning easily and raised the bar.

Play it out, eventually it will settle you to some bracket where you're winning 50|50. You got stomped, whatever... move on and play 20 or 30 more games before complaining.

PS: Fwiw winning early on smurf teams is a great way to see 30's by game 10.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShocKz LoL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-15-2010

you know there is normal elo.. right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Microtia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litto Rawr View Post
It's a really bad feeling to lose in 17 minutes knowing there is nothing you can do.
How do you think those 5 random people who ARE new to the game feel when you do the same?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litto Rawr View Post
How would you feel if they boast and boast about being able to 1-shot you. It's a really bad feeling to lose in 17 minutes knowing there is nothing you can do.
I run into those games on my main when people overfeed, say nothing of my smurfs. They happen. You move on...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaSerpent View Post
"What if half of us weren't "smurfing"? What if 5 friends found this game out of nowhere and decided to play together starting from scratch? Then what? You have 5 new members who want to play together and they get paired up with level 30's just because they're a pre-made?"
MM works almost purely on Win-Loss, except some smurf-detection mechanics in the first few dozen games. If a team of 5 new players win their first five games, MM isn't going to keep putting them up against inferior opponents.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-15-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaSerpent View Post
Matchmaking is seriously screwed up... We were playing a premade game with our "Team Litto" (all level 7's and below) and after a few minutes of waiting in queue, we get matched against level 30s... And they completely ruined us and our game. We're only level 7's and below on Team Litto and we get matched up with level 30s? Gragas was 1shotting most of us with a single barrel toss, and it was completely unfair laning as they had full masteries and tier 3 runes against us with absolutely nothing - forcing us to do nothing but tower hug the entire game... until they started diving, and walking away with well over 90% of their hp.

Not to mention, they were all level 30's with 700~1200games+ against us level 7's with 7~12games... How does level 30's get matched with level 7's?... and how does Riot expect us to even enjoy this game, in the slightest bit, when we're up against the impossible?


Proof/pix of my team + enemy team are attached:

My Team:
*******http://i55.tinypic.com/2mphqnk.png********
*******http://i52.tinypic.com/2zznt44.png********
*******http://i52.tinypic.com/2wnmmw6.png********
*******http://i55.tinypic.com/154zp5d.png********
*******http://i55.tinypic.com/25zmsue.png********

Enemy team:
*******http://i54.tinypic.com/23wmsuc.png********
*******http://i51.tinypic.com/2608kmp.jpg********
*******http://i51.tinypic.com/znl99l.jpg********
*******http://i54.tinypic.com/4sihk6.jpg********
*******http://i55.tinypic.com/ehm2s3.jpg********
Actually, this is matchmaking working. You guys are all rated about ~1650 beacuse you pretty much win most or all of your games. The system correctly matched you against a strong level 30 team, and it was a full premade, because you were a full premade... And I'd like to point out you've beaten a number of level 30s in the past, and only chose to post about the time you lost, not the others where you won. The alternative would've been to give you a bunch of underrated people of your level or a non-premade, both of which you likely would have crushed.

It's worth noting that I can find 0 examples of Litto Lena losing other than this game, and only 2 other cases where your friends lost, out of like 15 games. Additionally, you guys all marked yourself as 'newbs' when you filled out the starting questionnaire. The system is working guys, quit trolling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveKittenFight

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Well I understand what you mean. I doubt anyone who is down voting you will get your points. It's not a matter of what you did, in this situation it's how this affects other people in the game. Besides the fact that you're level 7s versus level 30s, people are saying just suck it up and keep playing?

Let me say this, have you played against level 7s on a level 30 account with full runes? They don't actually get to play, no practice no nothing, it might as well not be there because you kill them instantly. How do you propose that helps them to practice?

Play Custom games you say? Well I guess if they want to level in only 5 games a day, sounds grand right? They shouldn't really have to be punished for doing something to enjoy the game together at a similar level and with a goal and team in mind.

Needless to say MM should not do what it does, smurfing aside, because it's just un-fun to be the ones fighting an un-winnable round, and uninteresting. Even when its 5 smurfs versus 5 new players (which it isn't always going to be), at least they are not ahead in Runes, Masteries and Summoner Spells, it'd just come down to player skill, and isn't that what this game is supposed to be about?

Also I've been paired against low level people before in MM, sometimes it's kind of funny, but usually it's pretty lame for them and myself. No challenge = No fun. No Hope = No Fun.

If you put a team of experience 7s versus experienced 30s, 7s will almost never win, do the same with experienced 7s versus new 7s and either side actually has a chance.

TL;DR:
People on this forum are too judgmental to notice a legitimate point, there are severe issues with the way MM works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Tsak

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKittenFight View Post
TL;DR:
People on this forum are too judgmental to notice a legitimate point, there are severe issues with the way MM works.
heres the real
TL;DR of what this guy said
i didn't read anything i just looked at the title
MM is fine but im gonna try and use my opinion hurrr


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKittenFight View Post
Well I understand what you mean. I doubt anyone who is down voting you will get your points. It's not a matter of what you did, in this situation it's how this affects other people in the game. Besides the fact that you're level 7s versus level 30s, people are saying just suck it up and keep playing?

Let me say this, have you played against level 7s on a level 30 account with full runes? They don't actually get to play, no practice no nothing, it might as well not be there because you kill them instantly. How do you propose that helps them to practice?

Play Custom games you say? Well I guess if they want to level in only 5 games a day, sounds grand right? They shouldn't really have to be punished for doing something to enjoy the game together at a similar level and with a goal and team in mind.

Needless to say MM should not do what it does, smurfing aside, because it's just un-fun to be the ones fighting an un-winnable round, and uninteresting. Even when its 5 smurfs versus 5 new players (which it isn't always going to be), at least they are not ahead in Runes, Masteries and Summoner Spells, it'd just come down to player skill, and isn't that what this game is supposed to be about?

Also I've been paired against low level people before in MM, sometimes it's kind of funny, but usually it's pretty lame for them and myself. No challenge = No fun. No Hope = No Fun.

If you put a team of experience 7s versus experienced 30s, 7s will almost never win, do the same with experienced 7s versus new 7s and either side actually has a chance.

TL;DR:
People on this forum are too judgmental to notice a legitimate point, there are severe issues with the way MM works.
Are you serious?
So according to you it's unfair that level 30's killed them, but it's perfectly fair that they remade accounts and crush actual level 7 newbies who don't even know what items and champions are in the game.

It's easier to think straight if you stop banging your head against a wall


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shal128

Senior Member

12-15-2010

You were 7-1 until then. What did you expect?