How to solo against heimer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
You're compairing heimer's rockets to karthus or veiger? Please say no.
I am. I can avoid heimer pretty easily, he's got a long range but nothing godly. His damage scalar and base damage on rockets is hardly godlike, either.

Can't avoid Karthus's ult.
Don't easily avoid a skilled veigar who nets you in an Event Horizon as a setup.

Seriously, if you have trouble laning against heimer early, swap. Or buy MR. Or gank. Or buy health pots. He's decent, he's hardly OP.

keftes

Recruiter

01-02-2010

But you cant avoid heimer's rockets if you're soloing against him even if he is bad. Unless you run far enough = he is pushing the lane and you aint getting gold.

You cant avoid a skilled veigar indeed but if he isnt very good you'll never get hit.

That's the difference. Noone is asking for a nerf - just an adjustment so that he isnt the faceroller he is right now early game. Honestly you cant tell the difference between a good heimer and a bad one at the moment.

I aint replying anymore because you clearly cant face the truth of how easy and op his rocket skill is and this is getting pointless.

Lemt

01-02-2010

The issue here isn't that Heimer is OP. He isn't. But a strong Nuke that you HAVE to eat is bad.

Not complaining here about Heimer being good, BTW. It's the same issue with Stealth: it costs gold to counter. But good stealth champs require skill, and Heimer's rockets don't. Hence the problem.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
I aint replying anymore because you clearly cant face the truth of how easy and op his rocket skill is and this is getting pointless.
NP. I don't think the rockets are OP, but I rarely have trouble when facing them. Could be we play differently. =P

JunkRamen

01-02-2010

Heimer actually has 0.8 on those rockets.

ManOfTheRushHour

01-02-2010

i hardly used heimer for over 10 games and didnt have a problem soloing against sivir / ashe / tristana / teemo

granted, there's no telling if they were actually good or not, but i harass whenever my rockets are up simply because i rushed golem buff...so if u see a heimer, just check their golem buff first...and avoid his grenades as much as possible.

one thing about sivir, she has spell block which is beneficial, but i faint and do rockets whenever she wastes it or doesnt have it up..

but the rockets aren't OP, he only has 2 nukes and turrets are useless to me, unless i cluster them up some where and bait people in them.

SubtlePanda

01-02-2010

I tend to play Nunu often. I love solo mid vs. him. I usually let early solos get low health before I pop the question "can I lane mid?" I consume his turrets, then give him an ice blast, and run. Let him rocket you, consume, run back. Repeat. He can make turrets faster than you can consume, but making turrets doesn't heal him, and he can't keep rocketing and turreting at the same time. Also, the turrets equal more experience for you, which adds up, levels you faster, and if you are consuming them, giving you more gold.

ON the flip side. I have trouble when he has rockets and nade.

ManOfTheRushHour

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtlePanda View Post
I tend to play Nunu often. I love solo mid vs. him. I usually let early solos get low health before I pop the question "can I lane mid?" I consume his turrets, then give him an ice blast, and run. Let him rocket you, consume, run back. Repeat. He can make turrets faster than you can consume, but making turrets doesn't heal him, and he can't keep rocketing and turreting at the same time. Also, the turrets equal more experience for you, which adds up, levels you faster, and if you are consuming them, giving you more gold.

ON the flip side. I have trouble when he has rockets and nade.
haha, yeah i do remember nunu's eatin my turrets no problem, but yeah i always found just to get turrets last, well after rockets and nades maxed

WatchMeRun

01-02-2010

There's really not much that can be done against heimer IMO. Especially since it's blind pick... I wouldn't want to choose sivir every time just for the 1/20 games that i have to solo against a heimer.

Land

01-02-2010

ITT Gay bee doesn't realise there's a difference between leading with a skillshot and pressing w once every 20 seconds.

Hate to troll, but hop off your high horse and recognize that heimer has some of the most insane damage early game at possibly the largest range without even needing to click on an enemy.