New Build for Tryndamere(no-noob)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WagesofSin

01-02-2010

Just started Tryn, have to say I'm not having much successs . So far I've been using the 3x avarice blade start.

I have been thinking, however, what if you you add in a tiamat somewhere in there? From my DOTA days i remember crit strikes and cleave attacks were great in team battles as well as minion clearing. Is this at all viable?(Seems that the area of effect is kinda small)

meorah

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagesofSin View Post
Just started Tryn, have to say I'm not having much successs . So far I've been using the 3x avarice blade start.

I have been thinking, however, what if you you add in a tiamat somewhere in there? From my DOTA days i remember crit strikes and cleave attacks were great in team battles as well as minion clearing. Is this at all viable?(Seems that the area of effect is kinda small)
3 avarice is 3 too many. every bit of gold you invest in an avarice is gold you can't spend on dmg, and if you can get an IE by level 12-13, you can get more mid-game kills and make more gold from hero kills than through avarice blades.

3 avarice basically tells the enemy you are no threat until everyone is 18 and you are half way through your real item build.

AviusEnigma

01-07-2010

So i pretty much do a build that was posted earlier.

agility pot - health pots
2x avarice blade
zeal
bf sword
BT (i do this for the slight keep alive aspect before ulti, and changing lanes forestin. plus with the ganks you max it)
bf sword
IE (with the maxed BT you do HUge damage)
PD

then its over if not

LW (for the attack and armor ignore)

i havent had a game last longer than that at all.

Kanzen

01-08-2010

Wow so many builds here posted :/. Well i also cant find the realy good one. Some say that for new tryn the best way is to go for couple avarice blades then rush for IE although u lack attack speed. Others rush for PD, currently if i get early kill i rush for PD then IE if not i stack avarice blades for extra gold. It would be nice if someone put a good guide for him

Avela

02-08-2010

I like to build him like this:

Avarice Blade (Brawlers + 2x health pot to start)
Greaves
Avarice Blade (unless it's past 12/13 mins)
Starks
IE
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver

If I ever get to Black Cleaver, I'm 3-shotting most other heroes. That's with near 100% crit and 800-1000 damage crits. I've found this is the fastest way for me to get to a high competitive level on Tryn, but ymmv.

japanimaniac

02-08-2010

Just to add some context, the build i would suggest is for those looking to maximize Tryd's strengths and not to try to make up for his weaknesses. Armor, HP boosts, Life Steal all work contrary to his passive and while i understand its scary to see your life bar so low it's what the character was ment for and why he's so **** cool.

1) Brawler's Glove, 2x pot
2) Avarice Blade
3) Boots of Speed (which despite what most people will tell you i suggest you turn into Mercury's Treds)
4) BF Sword
5) Pick Axe (4 and 5 are interchangable depending on how much money you have when port back, or die lol)
6) Cloak of Agility and hopefully you have enough to combine it into Infinity Edge if not sell Avarice Blade.
7) This is when i'd get those Mercury's Treds (or Beserker's Greaves but when your hitting for 300% crit damage attack speed is usually just a "win more" statagy plus the Phantom Dancer will take care of that)
8) Zeal and between this, Mocking Shout and Spinning Slash you should have no trouble with people running away (so no need for Mallet)
9) Cloak of Agility
10) Phantom Dancer (hopefully selling Avarice Blade gets you just enough to get it)
11) Situational equipment (Executionar's Blade, Sword of Divine, Last Whisper) or just get The Cleaver to increase damage output.

I know there was some concern over Spining Slash being weak but i've always felt its more of a farming tool early game and a chasing/evasion tool mid/late game.

Even though new comers to Tryn may have trouble getting used to this (i.e. die alot) this is the best mid/late game build i've ever used. Tryd is not for early kills (and i don't think LoL is about early kills either) but used wisely he can really help a team eat through the opposition.

Runes: Crit Damage all the way... maybe some Health Runes if you don't like to live dangerously like me.

Spells: I use Rally and Ghost Walk but whatever you feel more comfortable with is fine

Masteries: Mainly in Offence and i usually take the extended Ghost Walk from Utility and Armor/MR from the Defence tree.

Skill Maxing Order:
1) Undying Rage
2) Spining Slash
3) Bloodlust
4) Mocking Shout (you only ever really need one level of this, get it level 4 and never again till you have too)

Norgos

02-09-2010

I like playing Tryndamere and he was the second character I unlocked.
The item build I got mapped out is

1)Brawler Gloves>Avarice Blade
2)Zeal
3)Executioner's
4)Berzerker's greaves/ Merc Treads depending on the enemies.
5)Previous Zeal>PD
6)Black Cleaver
7)Infinity
8) If it lasts this long.. Switch avarice with Tiamat.

Skills I aim for early game.
Spinning Slash) To retreat, kill units, and scare enemies early game. (Edit. In some cases I tried spinning slashes that can go through walls.. Saves you sometimes.. but only if you're kinda close to the wall in the first place.)
Bloodlust) To get Damage, and heals in early game

MurdokX

03-12-2010

Hello i have a group in my friendlist for trynadamere players please add me if you have 100+ WIN games playing tryndamere, i would like to discuss strats.builds....etc in- game thanks

my build
-Exe calling
-Zerkers
-crit potions
-Inf. Edge
-crit potions
-RageBlade / Sword of the Divine(Jax-enemy)
-Sword of the Divine

Last items
-Guardian Angel (lots of stuns/silence) or Last whisper (straight to dps outputs)

AFKray

03-12-2010

I am now a firm believer that the Warden's Mail is perhaps the best complimentary item to Tryndamere. If you question this, I would suggest playing against a good Ashe (one that uses Clense) and see how far you get.

Hint: it's the snare passive which I'm talking about.

Maybeis

03-12-2010

All Runes +crit Chance
All Quints +crit Dmg

Start: Brawlers Gloves
1100g Later:
2xAvarice Blades (~6-8 minutes in)

If there's a jax:
Boots of mobility (speed 1)
Sword of the Divine

If NO jax:
Boots of Mobility (speed 1)

Continuing:
Executioners Calling
finish Greaves

If you have an extra 1200g by level 10 or 11 (usually means you're doing well):
Sword of Occult

If not:
BF sword (try to get it BY level 13)

Finish Infinity Edge

2 or more tanks:
Black Cleaver

1 or less tanks:
Blood Thirster

(Remember to sell avarice blades if u need room)

If you even made it passed the first BF sword, you should be Crit'ing for 500-800 (variables apply).

Look me up on LoL, I am tryndamere