List of heroes who can solo mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furiosa

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Faced Panda View Post
Anyone can solo mid.

/thread
This

JunkRamen

01-01-2010

There's actually quite a lot of them...

TF - Strong laner, best ganker
Annie - Strong laner, great ganker, needs level advantage
Anivia - Strong laner, needs level advantage
Katarina - Good harass, great ganker, needs level advantage
Ashe - Carry, strong laner, good harass, good ganker
Tristana - Carry, good harass
Sivir - Carry, strong laner, good harass
Twitch - Carry, level advantage helps a lot, good ganker
Corki - Carry, level advantage helps
Teemo - Anti-carry that can carry, great harasser, great protection vs ganks
Cho'gath - Needs level advantage
Fiddlesticks (capable but not preferred) - Level advantage helps, good laner, great ganker
Heimerdinger - Pretty similar to Teemo in many ways. Very strong harass
Gangplank(?) - Can stay in lane and level advantage with Parrlay/Ult helps
Karthus(?) - As far as I can tell, he needs mid to be worth much to a team. Lvl adv with ult is good.

In general, mid has to be a good laner. From there, it's either a caster that can gank well, since many casters (and Kat, who's basically a caster) need the level advantage to truly shine most of the game, or the carry, since they need gold obviously.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2010

Twisted Fate > Annie > Tristana > Sivir > Teemo > Ashe > stuff

Pyronymer

01-01-2010

"Anyone" can indeed solo mid but the point is that some are better at it.

You either want someone who will use the extra wealth and XP for the benefit of the rest, (I've seen little better than Twitch for this lately)

Or you want someone that will prevent their soloing opponent from doing this by pressuring them hard while being hard to kill during laning and hard to gank. (so you want range, stamina and harassment, and oddly for all her flaws Janna is really good at this)

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2010

Seriously? No one is gonna say Master Yi?

Pyronymer

01-01-2010

Yi does not NEED to solo mid.

Also as a fragile melee character he is potentially risky to solo mid with early if the opponents bring in a ranged harasser at level 1

Fbsunny

01-01-2010

I have been quite successful soloing mid as Gangplank from time to time. If you solo mid and a few early kills you can get geared much faster and rape with Parrley earlier. Getting higher levels of Cannon Barrage doesn't hurt either, nothing makes me happier then killing a full health champion who is attacking a tower and ignores my cannon barrage because no heros are there.

HowlingKommando

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyronymer View Post
"Anyone" can indeed solo mid but the point is that some are better at it.

You either want someone who will use the extra wealth and XP for the benefit of the rest, (I've seen little better than Twitch for this lately)

Or you want someone that will prevent their soloing opponent from doing this by pressuring them hard while being hard to kill during laning and hard to gank. (so you want range, stamina and harassment, and oddly for all her flaws Janna is really good at this)
Indeed, some characters should never solo mid. One example would be Rammus. He's got terrible farming ability until level 6, so it'd be silly for him to do so.

I don't recommend Janna soloing mid either, as she scales poorly compared to most Champs. Her strength is in the early-mid game where she's above average, but most of her skills don't need high levels to be effective.

Bait

01-01-2010

every hero can solo mid.

Purutzil

01-01-2010

Try for sure is awesome mid. Not because hes good at harrassing... but because the faster he gets fed the faster he becomes OP, just like Yi.

Corki is also a good solo mid along with Annie and Sivir.

Heimer though? FAIL. Hes a much better top/bottom pusher. If you can build up the turrets right you can keep the creeps pushed back much further and unless they are heavily anti heimer (longer ranged aoes) you can easily keep a lane meant for 2 heroes pushed back while an ally pushes mid or another lane.