I suck at Jax - Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

12-30-2009

Not completely your fault, Jax kinda sucks.

You need a good laning partner, and you need to get a couple kills during laning. Lizard buff helps a lot. Unfortunately, Shaco does it all a lot better.

Micar

12-30-2009

Yeap failed miserably, team fights i get FF straight away. 1v1 Jax does great but i found i wasnt able to kill them fast enough before their teammates showed up or they got away. Ive seen some good Jax's and im not a bad player my self but i just cant seem to do anything with him. My 10 game winning streak has now been broken with my 5 game losing streak, all with Jax.

I wish i could sell him, took me ages to get that 3.1k points

Micar

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Not completely your fault, Jax kinda sucks.

You need a good laning partner, and you need to get a couple kills during laning. Lizard buff helps a lot. Unfortunately, Shaco does it all a lot better.
Yeah it felt like i was Yi, but without the insane damage or anti-CC ult. Or like warwick without the lifesteal and stun-ult.

RickyRickz

12-30-2009

IMO the problem is that people look at Jax the wrong way. Why do I see comparisons with Yi/Warwick? Jax is not supposed to be a carry, he's more of an anti-carry type of character. I would place Udyr in the same category.

Your job will be to negate the DPS of physical carries (with repeated stuns) while bringing just enough damage to the table to help your team bring them down. Note that a carry's survivability is usually linked to their DPS (through lifesteal or being able to kill first) therefore you don't need as much damage to get rid of them if you do the first part (DPS negation) successfully.

IMO the way to build him would either be a tank build or an AP build. With the high dodge, stacking HP on Jax will make him very hard to kill. AP build is good because Jax has great AP ratios. You can try physical DPS, but you will simply become a weaker version of Yi by doing so. Personally, I do a hybrid tank/AP build that switches depending on the matchup.

ShloobeR

12-30-2009

A good jax can hunt and neutralise physical carries fairly easily, one important thing is that enemy minions are very often your friend as a JAX because they will give you the dodge you need (useful in the midgame),
apart from the that ,the only thing you really need is to just be faster then them, if you catch them in the open and you are faster then they are then they are practically already dead,

So as a Jax you need to constantly be looking out for when an enemy uses their escape move (trist's jump, flash, corki's valkyrie) and then make your move

Jax is essentially the Anti-Yi, he is one of the only characters who will completely shut down yi

Gabrieth

12-30-2009

A good Jax takes down a good yi without swet.

Jax says "Suprise!" and yes you must use him and make suprises :P

Empower + jump hurts a lot but without his stun its usless as mentioned above enemie minions are your allies they make your dodge come up. It's dather safe for jax to jump onto one enemy in the middle of many mobs but you need sufficient dodge.

While enemies running away their mobs often hit you and give you your stun so it's quite easy to chase but you still need to be carfull since Jax is no way a tank and can be took down bu two heroes easaly.

He is a char that should be used to hid and do supprise attacks. I sometimes get over 30 kills with Jax you need to know that he is good but frail and got to be played right.

here is what I go for usualy:

-Ninja tabi
-Malardy
-Litchbane (Yeah after an empowerd jump it really does the dmg and gives you mana since I don't take regen).
-Phantom dancer
-Trinity force (So that you slow your enemies a frost mallet can be just as good but you wont get the movment speed).
-Infinity edge (End it by getting damage).

Roflade

12-31-2009

heres how i do my build, pretty high up elo and i run a premade almost 85% of the time.

leap
counter
leap
empower
leap
relentless
leap/empower
leap/empower
leap/empower
leap/empower
relentless
empower
cs
cs
relentless
cs
cs

items

1- cloth armor/5 health pots

buy 2- ninja tabi/ phage

buy 3. malady/ phantom lancer

buy 4. blood thirster/last whisper/ mallet for hp ( doesnt usually get this far

the key is to use your skills effectively, at lvl 6 u should be able to blow up everyone if cordinated with a teamate. also golem buff = profit to reduce your leap even more and just CRUSH kids

also sometimes on buy 2 if i know i can get a bunch of ganks but ill be taking damage ill just buy the ruby to phage, and grab an elixir of fort. which works well too

goodluck.

SegerUtanGreger

12-31-2009

Alot of dodge and attack speed?

Basilisk9466

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrieth View Post
-Ninja tabi
-Malardy
-Litchbane (Yeah after an empowerd jump it really does the dmg and gives you mana since I don't take regen).
-Phantom dancer
-Trinity force (So that you slow your enemies a frost mallet can be just as good but you wont get the movment speed).
-Infinity edge (End it by getting damage).
Lichbane and Triforce? Triforce gives you a much better proc, and is generally superior in every way if Lichbane is the only AP item you're getting. Late game, a Lichbane will give you 80 more damage to an attack (110 with the TF AP), and only occurs once every 3s. A late game Triforce gives you up to around 170 more damage (yes, 50% more) with no cooldown (so Lich will never actually proc), so a leapstrike-counterattack combo will net you 340 extra damage instead of only 80. Only benefit to Lichbane is the greater mana and AP over Triforce, and there are better items for that on Jax IMO. A Frozen Heart will reduce incoming damage, gives more mana and a lot more armour as well as improved cooldowns (what's better, Counterstrike and Leapstrike doing more damage, or being able to use them more often?). It's been a while since I played Jax, but I'd almost be tempted to replace Lich with a second PD on that build.

Micar

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflade View Post
heres how i do my build, pretty high up elo and i run a premade almost 85% of the time.

leap
counter
leap
empower
leap
relentless
leap/empower
leap/empower
leap/empower
leap/empower
relentless
empower
cs
cs
relentless
cs
cs

items

1- cloth armor/5 health pots

buy 2- ninja tabi/ phage

buy 3. malady/ phantom lancer

buy 4. blood thirster/last whisper/ mallet for hp ( doesnt usually get this far

the key is to use your skills effectively, at lvl 6 u should be able to blow up everyone if cordinated with a teamate. also golem buff = profit to reduce your leap even more and just CRUSH kids

also sometimes on buy 2 if i know i can get a bunch of ganks but ill be taking damage ill just buy the ruby to phage, and grab an elixir of fort. which works well too

goodluck.
Hey when you say

buy 2- ninja tabi/ phage

do you mean buy one or the other, or one THEN the other?