Trundle Good, Bad or Just Ugly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReBorNKiLLeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-09-2010

Trundle's passive, to me is still more of a "lane" passive than a jungling passive. Although it DOES help with jungling, to me its so minimal to actually help much. Building him for the lane is practically improbable, due to the minimal control that he brings to the lane. Trundle has terrific last hitting ability, as his Q is pretty much an instant animation auto attack, but I honestly think that his laning is pure **** due to the fact that he has no harass, no way to create ANY lane presence at all. Sure, he has near 15HP per 5 with his passive, but i think that if any farm is to be received by him in the lane, it would be hella hard given that the opposing team isn't ******ed. If you actually think about it, i would say that he has a weaker lane presence than Tryn and Yi. Just my two cents.

Trundle's jungling is decent, but isnt the greatest. He doesnt have much of a counter jungle presence, and not much overall jungle control. Unlike WW, he isnt running around the jungle with near full hp. However, he does have good skills to escape if ganked in the jungle. He also has great ganking ability, able to slow/block enemies and tower dive quite well. The Pillar, although it has long range, large AOE, and a strong slow, can be ghosted through or flashed from, which to me, would put his ganking ability behind Rammus and Shaco out of the jungle. The long @ss range and the slow% is a bit overpowered to me however.

Overall, i think that Trundle needs a Passive boost, maybe they could have it give double the amount of heal if Trundle is the champion that killed the minion or champion. His pillar could be nerfed a bit, maybe reducing the range of the cast or the slow%. If they were to nerf the aoe of the Pillar itself, i think it would be best to increase the actual pillar while reducing the slow aoe.

Petrove

12-10-2010

I've been doing amazingly well with him. I think you just need to know how to play him, and you DEFINITELY need to know how to rock his E correctly.

Petrove

12-10-2010

Btw, AS items with Tank items workd well, mainly because of the fact that a lot of his damage comes from other champs. He saps AD, so when you use low AD/ high AS items combined with tank items to keep him solid (a lot of options there), he can do surprisingly high dps while staying incredibly sturdy. Also, his E wins fights, especially in the jungle.

fenrir80

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crostol View Post
trundle is good, he is like nasus: trinity force, and tanky items( froz mallet is a must), and you own.
oopps ment to be a +1, havent tried atht build yet, but it crossed my mind when i played my first game with him, will try.

KADAMA

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Is he actually bad, or are people just trying to play him as a carry instead of what he actually is?

I recall similar threads when Swain came out, and everyone was comparing him to Annie, Ryze, and other nukes... when he's not a nuke.

I think it's still too early to tell.

Not every champion is meant to put up 5:1 K/D ratios, but rather help others on their team achieve that.
What a faking ******, this was posted with the exact words on another thread.

TTS Zubat

12-10-2010

Placing his E correctly in TT is so important that it can make or break your team fights. Blocking in a hi dps champ like yi or jax in TT is the difference in winning and losing teamfights. Even 1 second of CC is immense, especially when mercs and cleanse only remove the slow.

With auto pathing when you click to run, if you completely block off a path with pillar, they will run the wrong way (which nearly doubles the CC effect it has.

Also making sure to use your abilities on the right targets make or break good Trundles.

Bite on physical Carries and ulti on tanks. Trundle has the ability to gimp an entire team in TT. But if he isnt played correctly...he is useless.

He probably takes more skill than pretty much any other champ on TT because your damage sucks, survivability, and utility all are terrible when you mess up with him.

Played correctly, he is absolutely devastating.

I build him VERY similarly to olaf, Frozen Mallet, zerker greaves, ninja tabi or mercs (remeber that your w reduces cc duration) as a base, then branch out to what i need from there, heavy ap i normally go for a Spirit Visage next, melee heavy get a heart of gold, and then i go atk speed from there (if ur running a tank comp, let some1 else take aegis, its a great item...but there are better champions for it)

FailyMcSadPants

12-10-2010

Its like this:

Why play Trundle when you could play Olaf?

Zearth

12-10-2010

I have found trundle to be amazing in 3s due to his ability to get away from almost any character and his naturally high hp.
This could be because i build him tanky as well though.I usually start with a phage, merc treads/ninja tabis and banshees veil (for mana as well as survivability). By the time you finish out a frozen mallet you have got about 3300 hp, some magic resist (and if they are all melee i change banshees veil for frozen heart) and still do decent damage. Usually my games end before i get any further but i find that going into a vampiric scepter, an atmas or maybe a sheen (i havent liked it too much myself regardless of it working on his Q) will enable you to dominate.
I also dont bother with ghost because with his contaminate cooldown at about 9secs and duration at 8secs you often are running quickly and combined with good pillar placement you are uncatchable

Arrivederco

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorNKiLLeR View Post
Trundle's passive, to me is still more of a "lane" passive than a jungling passive. Although it DOES help with jungling, to me its so minimal to actually help much. Building him for the lane is practically improbable, due to the minimal control that he brings to the lane. Trundle has terrific last hitting ability, as his Q is pretty much an instant animation auto attack, but I honestly think that his laning is pure **** due to the fact that he has no harass, no way to create ANY lane presence at all. Sure, he has near 15HP per 5 with his passive, but i think that if any farm is to be received by him in the lane, it would be hella hard given that the opposing team isn't ******ed. If you actually think about it, i would say that he has a weaker lane presence than Tryn and Yi. Just my two cents.

Trundle's jungling is decent, but isnt the greatest. He doesnt have much of a counter jungle presence, and not much overall jungle control. Unlike WW, he isnt running around the jungle with near full hp. However, he does have good skills to escape if ganked in the jungle. He also has great ganking ability, able to slow/block enemies and tower dive quite well. The Pillar, although it has long range, large AOE, and a strong slow, can be ghosted through or flashed from, which to me, would put his ganking ability behind Rammus and Shaco out of the jungle. The long @ss range and the slow% is a bit overpowered to me however.

Overall, i think that Trundle needs a Passive boost, maybe they could have it give double the amount of heal if Trundle is the champion that killed the minion or champion. His pillar could be nerfed a bit, maybe reducing the range of the cast or the slow%. If they were to nerf the aoe of the Pillar itself, i think it would be best to increase the actual pillar while reducing the slow aoe.
While I agree his passive is fairly underachieving in teamfights, he's really quite good in lane. He can easily hold a solo lane for a very long time 2v1.

You aren't going to be harassing, but with a Regrowth Pendant and your passive, you can farm pretty well with Q, and pretty much shrug off harass. You're also hard to gank with your tankiness, E, and W, which also lend themselves to quickly turning around and ganking.

So while you won't be destroying them yourselves most likely, you won't be dying either, while farming just fine.

One Shot Angel

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorNKiLLeR View Post
Actually thats partially true but.. have you eves seen him in mid ? or in the 1v1 top/bot ? if you dont have 2 ppl against you in lane you gonna last hit every god**** creep, ALL OF THEM. its like you got the highest cs in the first 10-15 minutes and from that point you just gonna snowball like you blasted an avalanche on mt everest.... srsly with the right runes you can successfully 2v1 lane COMPLETELY ignoring the enemy champions and all their poking/ganking attempts. Yeah you wont do it in skyscraperhighelo but in mid/low elo its devastating. when the enemy players try to outharass you from the lane and you are still fcken ignoring him with like 2-3 times his cs... epic. get cleanse and you probably survive an assault from 2-3 heroes at the same time and then just go home and get whatever you need from shop lol. (inb4 high elo tough guy jumping at me with "hell I eat trundle baddies for breakfast")
And actually he does have lanepresence. (yeah its not epic but most ppl WILL RUN LIKE HELL if they are standing on your yard(W) and see their tombstone(E) on it..)

EDIT: also most ppl are somehow afraid of trundle..
inb4: you are not lv30 (sry my main cant write on the forums)
tldr: lanetrundle isn't so bad.