Give me a Soraka build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeakOr

12-30-2009

I'd like to try her out a little - I'm looking for a quick and dirty all-purpose item/skill build that I can play with once I get the hang of her.

Zurtloe

12-30-2009

I'd suggest:

Innervating Locket, Boots of Mobility, buff item (Stark's Fervor, Aegis of the Legion, Soul Shroud).

Process:
Mana Manipulator>Catalyst of the Protector>Boots>Innervating Locket>Boots of Mobility

>Stark's Fervor>Rod of Ages
>Aegis of the Legion>Rod of Ages
>Soul Shroud>Rod of Ages

Spells: Clarity - Clairvoyance/Fortify
Runes and Masteries: Cooldown Reduction.

Skills depends on your lane situation.

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

I play super support getting 1 level of starcall at about level 3 and focus on healing a carry teammate trying to feed him kills.

For this my item build is:

Start:
Mana Manipulator - (Only get the 2 mana regen items if your lanemate is someone who doesn't use mana. Use the extra money for hp pots.)

Aegis of the Legion - Try to buy the whole thing in one shopping trip. You can stay in lane forever if allowed to. (Make sure to let team know you're getting this so nobody else does. Same goes for next two items)

Maybe boots - Mercury treads are what I usually go for but the 3 speed can work if they don't have much cc. I say maybe because I usually don't get boots with Sora.

Frozen Heart - The cd reduction and armor are perfect for a support build. The aura is decent but not what we're really after.

Mana Manipulator > Soul Shroud - Gives you some needed ho and more wonderful CD reduction.

I rarely complete the soul shroud, if you do then you just have to judge the situation of the game. If you're getting ganked a lot then get some more hp/armor/magic resist. If you're team is dying before you then try for some more AP perhaps for bigger heals. Another option would be to go for a late Starks if nobody has one and some teammates could benefit. No it wont help you much, but if you build like this it's not about you.

For summoner abilities I used to grab rally/promote. I'd go with rally/flash now.
Rally because you're a walking team buff. Flash for some more escape. (Cleanse is also an option)
EDIT: Clairvoyance is probably a better pick than flash/cleanse. Early game you can tank most heroes across the map and late game if you're focused w/stuns flash/cleanse might not save you anyways. You'd be better off seing them coming with a well placed clairvoyance. (Good tip Zurtloe)

For runes a little bit of mana regen will help you early on before infuse keeps you afloat and especially if you plan on spamming starcall.
You don't need any CD reduction as frozen heart and soul shroud will cap you at 40%.
Armor/Magic Resist/HP will be good additions.
Move speed quints with the utility move speed might be worth a try too if you don't buy boots like me.

For masteries focus on utility and defense. Things like the +4% xp are great for Sora since she stays in the lane so long.

One thing to remember in this build is that you're heavy support. If you plan on pugging you may want to spec differently because if your team isn't great, you can't do much about it. But with a decent team you can easily push them over the top!

BeakOr

12-30-2009

Great, I'll be sure to look there next time I want a guide written half a dozen patches ago.

meorah

12-30-2009

depends on team makeup and lane partner.

Lots of AP teammates and you should max starcall when possible with mana/silence secondary and go aura item build with innervating locket and aegis of the legion, then soul shroud and if the game goes long enough frozen heart. Skip aura items that your teammates already have as this is a setup for 5v5 mid/late game. 1 point in heal should be enough.

Lots of physical carries and you should max heal when possible with mana/silence secondary and build rod of ages or two and a blasting wand or two to supercharge your ult and heal for clutch battles. 1 point in starcall should be enough to let you get last hits for gold.

I start the game with starcall for all situations and mana manipulator to stay in lane longer. I always go merc boots to help survival late even if enemy team is all physical damage.

I prefer summoner heal as a 3rd backup heal for late game and a way to never die early before I get my heal spell. And clarity so I don't have to worry about mana and can spam starcall to my heart's content. Later its nice because you can get a lot of kills by using your silence on the enemies (especially with AP build) instead of needing it to regen your own mana whenever its off CD.

I always make sure I have all 3 abilities by level 3, and don't get wish til 10 so I can get an extra level (5) in starcall or heal earlier and then get level 2 wish at 11 when it doesn't suck and usually have a RoA by then so it heals for a lot in team games.

In 5v5 save your heals to prevent a death as you only get to use 1 heal per battle on most occasions, even with -40% CD. In order use Wish (biggest heal, best buffer), Heal (add armor to guy being focused), and summoner heal (better than nothing). Follow up with a silence on their carry and then spam starcall til heal comes off CD and apply it to whoever needs it.

Typical win stats end with me 2-3-19 or something similar.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

coulda sworn there was 2 decent soraka guides written a few pages back.. that is why I linked the search, but I guess people can just rewrite their work so you don't have to use Technology. thank you for the negative rating. Perhaps I should find the builds a few pages back, read them for you, cut and paste them here. would that be helpful?

Edit - Here you go, its a decent guide. Once again sorry for recommending the search function, its not perfect but it does work.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ghlight=soraka

meorah

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
coulda sworn there was 2 decent soraka guides written a few pages back.. that is why I linked the search, but I guess people can just rewrite their work so you don't have to use Technology. thank you for the negative rating. Perhaps I should find the builds a few pages back, read them for you, cut and paste them here. would that be helpful?

Edit - Here you go, its a decent guide. Once again sorry for recommending the search function, its not perfect but it does work.
lol that's funny raht there, I dun care who ya are.

BeakOr

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post

lol, ty for the help. The whole point of the thread was that I wasn't looking for a guide - just something along the lines of

item
item
item
item

max this skill first
this skill second

JustWatson

12-30-2009

When I premade and play Soraka, I usually rush a locket first, merc treads, then guardian angel. A tank will normally cover the aegis, and that's normally the end of the game once I've gotten those three items. If I managed to get another, it would probably be a soul shroud.