Twitch for the Win

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rubb3r

12-29-2009

I'm just a little confused because you seem to be implying that your build offers more damage per single hit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelowMe View Post
With my twitch build even at lvl 1 if you hit that 5% chance you will take 1/4 of your opponents hp
However your build isn't making use of a weapon as a first item, so I don't see how your build is allowing for that kind of damage over any other build. Unless you expect to still be level 1 when you buy those Brawler's gloves?

BelowMe

12-29-2009

With the crit damage runes and the right masteries then yes when you hit that 5% chance at lvl one you hit really hard. its not really that amazing at lvl 1 but as soon as you get your first Avarice Blade you will see a much bigger difference. Overall my point is that crit build Twitch is a much more viable option over Life steal attackspeed in the sense of a good team will cc twitch as soon as they can so every hit matters when your attacking many many times with attack speed for 100 damage a shot you might get 3-4 shots in doing 3-400 damage to who ever you hit but with Crit build each hit is 500 damage which become around 1000-1500 damage to anyone you hit.

TheTruhan

12-30-2009

Mmmmm, a crit twitch build, intriguing. Too bad I don't have the IP to buy him@_@

Well, the concept of your build is the same as the concept for my Yi build, focus on attack power not speed.
I'm curious, which build (my Yi build or your twitch build) would be more superior, considering at lvl 1 twitch have a potent nuke extra health and armor while my having an extra damage+quite a good crit chance (no summoner spells). I do hope one day I'll be able to play against you^^

Tpyo

12-30-2009

I'll have to try a crit build at some point, however I still think getting a vampire scepter is the way to go for your first item. My reasoning is that while twitch is a glass cannon, his best chance to survive during his ult is to life steal more damage then can be focused on him (which will always be the case even though your sitting in the back). To replace the shield I take rally over exhaust since its a great early heal and end team game buff while giving the chance to kill the dragon at level 1.

I never really saw the appeal for malady (esp when Stark's is so much better) but I really think twitch+black cleaver=win. In reality if you get the lizard buff or if your team has ANY snares/grabs then you will get 3-5 shots on at least two of their team. If you knock 60 armor off of someone then you just gave yourself and any other phys dps'ers a huge boost to their DPS. The thing I'm wondering is if the extra burst damage in inf edge and crit is enough its worth losing out on that.

BelowMe

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpyo View Post
I'll have to try a crit build at some point, however I still think getting a vampire scepter is the way to go for your first item. My reasoning is that while twitch is a glass cannon, his best chance to survive during his ult is to life steal more damage then can be focused on him (which will always be the case even though your sitting in the back). To replace the shield I take rally over exhaust since its a great early heal and end team game buff while giving the chance to kill the dragon at level 1.

I never really saw the appeal for malady (esp when Stark's is so much better) but I really think twitch+black cleaver=win. In reality if you get the lizard buff or if your team has ANY snares/grabs then you will get 3-5 shots on at least two of their team. If you knock 60 armor off of someone then you just gave yourself and any other phys dps'ers a huge boost to their DPS. The thing I'm wondering is if the extra burst damage in inf edge and crit is enough its worth losing out on that.

Well you dont have to be losing out on it if you follow inf up with black cleaver some people do its viable if you arent in need of phantom dancers dodge or you dont htink you need attack speed or crit chance. I still think the edge is better first item your damage goes from 180-250 damage crits to 300-500 damage crits and at this point in the build your at 50% crit chance ... not to shabby I say