What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stonehenge

11-20-2009

So uhm, forfeiting the protection of your towers, creeps and allied heroes, to get exposed to tower fire, creep attacks and possible ganks is cheesy? Lolz.

Evermore930

11-20-2009

For the record, killing towers without creep support was 100% legitimate in DOTA as well. In both DOTA and LoL, this strategy is very counterable, so deal with it.

mowglie

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore930 View Post
For the record, killing towers without creep support was 100% legitimate in DOTA as well. In both DOTA and LoL, this strategy is very counterable, so deal with it.
Counterable? Not quite. First, you better have teleportation chosen AND ready. If not use recall, but recall takes way too long and by the time you get back to base the backdoorer as already destroyed your tower or inhibitor and escaped already. In Dota, backdooring is easily counterable due to TP scrolls but not in LOL.

Super AL Supreme

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowglie View Post
Counterable? Not quite. First, you better have teleportation chosen AND ready. If not use recall, but recall takes way too long and by the time you get back to base the backdoorer as already destroyed your tower or inhibitor and escaped already. In Dota, backdooring is easily counterable due to TP scrolls but not in LOL.
Totally counterable... If you're playing with a pre-made team (which I assume most high-caliber players would do) you should have a set of people with teleport and maybe fortify if you are really that paranoid. Pop the teleport or fortify and wah lah BD is stopped. If you weren't paying enough attention to the mini-map and having your team call out MIAs thats your fault for letting that champion out. And BTW mowglie I was in the match you just lost when I backdoored you

Phoxly

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowglie View Post

Way to necro a thread m8. And yes, backdooring is counterable if you have two people in each lane, one in the middle lane. If they are pushing your base and you teleport to a tower and destroy it, to me, thats a counter to them destroying your base, its getting their attention and getting them to pull back to save their own base.

KEWLKATZ

12-29-2009

Backdooring killed my father and raped my mother end of story.

KamikadzeTM

12-29-2009

Backdooring is not forbidden so do it as much as you like. Don't listen to baby whiners.

Mack10K

12-29-2009

People who backdoor aren't doing anything wrong. If it was against the rules then you couldn't do it. Just suck it up girlies and play the game.

Kadzin

12-29-2009

Backdooring usually happens if the game starts to take too long
and champions become fed enough to solo the towers.
There are two kinds of backdoor:
Desperate and Malicious.

Desperate backdoor is when a player whos has good items
and a character with a quick escape or a teleport spell
runs to an oponent's base and while the oponent's team is
doing something else. solos the tower that has been damaged
or is the last one till an inhibitor. This usually happens when the loosing team
is down a couple of towers and possibly an inhibitor.
So it becomes a race for survival basicly. You can't take their team on but you take their base on. Trying to kill it before they kill yours.

Malicious backdoor is when a player or players start backdooring towers/inhibitors of a loosing team, trying to end the game more quickly. While not illigal, it is tipically
frowned upon since the winning team is acting "dishonoroable".

Both of these occur and will keep occuring as long as the game exists
spells like fortify and teleport help vs backdoor and should be considered in every match.
I personally backdoored in games and have been victim to backdooring.
While you might enjoy tormenting your oposing team with backdoor it
is very unpleasant to lose if you are the one getting backdoored

Backdooring might win you games or be the reason you lost one.
Either way players would always rage about backdooring since it is not
a "clean" strategy.

smokeD

12-29-2009

People, backdooring in DotA was a fact too, and it wasn't eever frowned upon? Maybe in pubs, but in DotA towers were much harder to take down than in this game, so backdooring rarely happened. Sure backdooring might seem gay, but if you don't do it when you have the chance your probably going to lose.